Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2013
By: pullingsaint First Son 2 posts

Glad I didn't buy playstation plus

24 replies 647 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

I was going to spend the money for the plus membership, but if this is a constant problem Sure am glad I decided to wait.  THANKS

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (647 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Glad I didn't buy playstation plus

Jan 20, 2013

Wait what are you talking about???

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (624 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Jan 20, 2013

pullingsaint wrote:

I was going to spend the money for the plus membership, but if this is a constant problem Sure am glad I decided to wait.  THANKS

Yea, what are you talking about exactly?

If you're referring to the recent extended maintenance, that affected everyone, not just Plus Subscribers.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (614 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Whats the point of paying for games you cant play randomly for 2 days. How often does it happen? I just got internet to my playstation last week so I havent been around long

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (593 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7931 posts

Jan 21, 2013

pullingsaint wrote:

Whats the point of paying for games you cant play randomly for 2 days. How often does it happen? I just got internet to my playstation last week so I havent been around long

If the maintenence cycle goes without flaws, usually a day or two a year (usually doesn't last more than a few hours).  Apparently in the recent maintenence, there were more serious issues found than they anticipated, which is why it was extended by several hours.

PSN Maintenence does not affect the ability to play offline games, and does not always affect online play, either.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 22, 2013

My problem with it is if i buy a bunch of discount games or get free games and my membership expires i no longer have access to my free games

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (549 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:

My problem with it is if i buy a bunch of discount games or get free games and my membership expires i no longer have access to my free games

Your statement is false, purchased games & discounted ones are yours to keep for ever whether you have a current subscription or not.

However I hate to break it to you JFK but that's what subscriptions services basically are, you pay you get you don't you lose, much like Netflix, you pay your $8.00 a month you get to watch movies, you pay your $4/5.00 a month you get to play games.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (546 Views)
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 22, 2013

thats why i dont subscribe to anything beyond my basic cable internet phone package. If someone pays for somthing it should be theirs another reason i wont buy anything from the PSstore. It violates consumer rights! Amazon's kindle got sued by states attorney generals for violateing consumer rights.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (540 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11045 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Awesome. But that's Amazon. This is Sony. And Sony hasn't been sued, so you have no point.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (530 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I may be wrong now, But when I was Plus+ you can play them forever unless you delete them after your subscription runs out!

That's for Free & paid games!

Untill todays updates, I really wasn't a Plus+ fan myself!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (510 Views)
0 Likes