Aug 14 2012
By: harley2947 Fender Bender 2925 posts
Accepted Solution

Getting A Vita

19 replies 126 views Edited Aug 14, 2012

Hey guys, never been on the Vita Forums but am always on the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Forums. I'm planning on buyig a PS Vita in the next month and am wondering... What's the best deal? Should I get 3g or Wi-F-? Do all games play online with 3G? How's the Internet Browser? Is it easy functioning? Are the Analog Sticks any different from the PSP **bleep** ones? Do I have to have a PSP and buy PSP games from the PSP Store to play them on Vita, or can I get them from PS3 PSN Store and transfer like that? As for Cross-Play goes, what PS3 games are playable and enjoyable on Vita, say, can I play GT5 on it? If there's information other than that I need to know also, do tell me please.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Re: Getting A Vita

Aug 14, 2012

Hi there =)
I'm thinking of buying a Ps Vita too even though I'm not really into playing that much, what do you guys think should I get one or will it be just a waste of money?
and one question more :smileytongue:
How's the applications working? 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Aug 14, 2012

harley2947 wrote:

Hey guys, never been on the Vita Forums but am always on the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Forums. I'm planning on buyig a PS Vita in the next month and am wondering...

Welcome to the Vita side of the forums! : D

What's the best deal? Should I get 3g or Wi-F-?

Depends: If you're not around wi-fi connection most of the time, then the 3G version. In my opinion, it's pretty convinient.

Do all games play online with 3G?

No. Only a few turn-based games work with 3G.Don't expect to play WipEout or Resistance with 3G, hahaha.

How's the Internet Browser?

It's okay, nothing you haven't seen around. People keep complaining about it, but I don't see a problem with it: loads pages relatively fast and the navigation is pretty smooth.

Is it easy functioning?

Yes.

Are the Analog Sticks any different from the PSP **bleep** ones?

They are so totally different. Way better. If you have held a dual shock controller, you'll almost feel no difference between the controller's and the Vita's analog sticks.

Do I have to have a PSP and buy PSP games from the PSP Store to play them on Vita, or can I get them from PS3 PSN Store and transfer like that?

You can get them off through the PlayStation Store. You don't need to own a PSP/Go, although there are some titles that will not show up on Vita's PS Store that are listed on the PSP/PS3 PS Store. If you can't find them via the PS Vita, then you'll most likely won't be able to play it on the device. I suggest you do some research on this to find out more.

As for Cross-Play goes, what PS3 games are playable and enjoyable on Vita, say, can I play GT5 on it?

The list is not big at the moment, but there is: Fossball, Hustle Kings, MLB The show, WipEout, and others. No you can not play GT5 on it, lol. I wish though.

If there's information other than that I need to know also, do tell me please.

Just know this: the PlayStation Vita is not a smart phone. Hahaha. (Since you haven't been around here, then you won't get this lame joke).

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (116 Views)
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Ro0o0ona555 wrote:

Hi there =)
I'm thinking of buying a Ps Vita too even though I'm not really into playing that much, what do you guys think should I get one or will it be just a waste of money?
and one question more :smileytongue:
How's the applications working? 

The PlayStation Vita is not a waste of money. People keep saying that because they, for some reason, have gotten bored of the system. There is a lot coming for PS Vita during the last months of this year. I will tell you this though, if you don't find a good number of games you are interested in playing, then I would suggest for you to wait.

The applications are working quite fine. I mean, they are not like the real deal, but they get the job done. For example: Skype doesn't have text messaging, yet it works perfectly with it's video/voice chat. The Facebook app is lacking some stuff, but you can still do the most common things you do on Facebook. Etc, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Aug 14, 2012
That was really helpful, thanks. And of course it's not a smart phone, though I don't even have a phone because sadly people are always on Facebook so I don't care. But if I go on facebook and watch youtube and download songs, is 3G the way to go, what do you have? Also, Is a 16GB card good enough for games and such?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Aug 14, 2012
I got a huge number of games I'm getting.

PSASBR, NFS Most Wanted, AC3 Liberations, Madden 13, ModNation Racers, LBP, LBP2 Add On, Gravity Rush, Black Ops, Sound Shapes wich I already have, Little Deviants, Escape Plan, Uncharted GA, and more. Oooh, plus the PS3 Cross Play, lots of games will play good on it, and PSP games and PS1 Classic, I'mma need quite the load of gigabytes, haha
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Aug 14, 2012

harley2947 wrote:
That was really helpful, thanks. And of course it's not a smart phone, though I don't even have a phone because sadly people are always on Facebook so I don't care. But if I go on facebook and watch youtube and download songs, is 3G the way to go, what do you have? Also, Is a 16GB card good enough for games and such?

You're welcome. NOW GIVE ME A KUDO!! Lol, jk, I don't really care about those.

The reason why I said that is because too many people here (and at other places of the world wide web) are comparing the PS Vita with smart phones. I'm not saying you do/or will: it's just a joke.

Anyway...

I have the 3G version (got the 1st ed model), but sadly have not gotten the chance to use Facebook nor Youtube with 3G. Even though that's true, I don't see a problem using those apps with 3G. I mean, youtube might lagg a bit. I think. Also, what do you mean by "downloading songs"? You mean Music Unlimited? I have tried that and it's pretty decent with 3G.

I'm happy with my 3G model. Even though I don't use it every single second, I like the idea of having the option to connect with the world anywhere I am.

4GB = Fail.

8GB = Decent.

16 = Good.

32 = Perfect.

A 16GB card seems the way to go. I have a 32GB: quite a good number of games, apps, videos, music, and other and still am with 10GB left in the memory card. So I say it's good. You should be quite fine with it, and just wait till the price drops, cuz the prices are crazy, lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Aug 14, 2012

harley2947 wrote:
I got a huge number of games I'm getting.

PSASBR, NFS Most Wanted, AC3 Liberations, Madden 13, ModNation Racers, LBP, LBP2 Add On, Gravity Rush, Black Ops, Sound Shapes wich I already have, Little Deviants, Escape Plan, Uncharted GA, and more. Oooh, plus the PS3 Cross Play, lots of games will play good on it, and PSP games and PS1 Classic, I'mma need quite the load of gigabytes, haha

Okay, scratch that, you will need a 32GB to try fit all that, hahaha. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (98 Views)
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Good, good, and I'll give you a Kudo, haha.
what I mean is. I use Youtube MP3 Converter on my PS3 anyways, so I want to do that on Vita also. And on Amazon, Memory Cards are like $20 off, a 16GB is $40, a 32GB is $80
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Aug 14, 2012
Yeah I got my 32GB off Amazon, which was around 10 dollars off. I love Amazon. Hehe, anyway, Im not sure about the converting thingy. I'd say you research that a bit more. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (89 Views)
0 Likes