Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Get rid of modders on all sytems

May 17, 2014
Lol... Modding does the opposite of destroying the industry.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 11 of 20 (218 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
16 posts

Jun 22, 2014
We need to ask those in charge to give us our private matches back and let the adults kick the cheaters and modders. We should be able to choose who we play with give the adults their own servers
Message 12 of 20 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 6, 2015
Modding is cheating plain and simple and those of us that don't game on a daily basis are customers to. Why would you want to win by cheating? How is that any fun? I'd like to compete against people with the same rules as me not a variety of people that cut corners to gain an advantage. Those of us that only play once or twice a week don't want to play if all we do is get smoked,that doesn't male for much fun. I don't understand why you can't get your skills the old fashioned way.
Message 13 of 20 (148 Views)
Sackboy
417 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2015

The are a few developers and publishers that stay on top of this issue and ban users and provide patches to stop exploits, which is great. The smaller developers just can't and it ends up hurting them in the long run. On the 360, cheaters would ruin the arcade games with high scores that are impossible to get. 

Modding can be awesome. Some of the mods for Skyrim and Minecraft are incredible, but for any other type of games these PC losers simply don't have the skills to play and have to cheat. 

Message 14 of 20 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Feb 6, 2015

Another solution (good but not perfect) is to only play games that use dedicated servers or moderated hosted servers.  The peer to peer games have no barriers to modders, while dedicated servers can check incoming player input parameters versus expected values and identify a modded character and kick the offending user.  I dont think I ever saw a cheater on Destiny, World of Tanks or War Thunder or any other developer dedicated server, and rarely on moderated host servers where owners boot cheaters or risk  losing their ad money if their palyer base leaves.  You may still get your occasional asshat griefers and team killers fluttering about, but they usually get kicked or some penalty after multiple offenses. 

The problem with the dedicated server route is that you lose the ability to play the game online if the servers ever close down.

Message 15 of 20 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1206 posts

Feb 7, 2015

Why do people even cheat? Must have very sad lives, can't even have a little bit of a challenge in a video game?

Message 16 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12571 posts

Feb 7, 2015

Kelsinator wrote:

Why do people even cheat? Must have very sad lives, can't even have a little bit of a challenge in a video game?

People who use a lag switch i dislike.

Message 17 of 20 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Feb 7, 2015

I agree with OP we need to get rid of these people for any type of mod or hack.  It ruins games and takes the fun out of it.  I have stopped playing a few games due to these issues.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 18 of 20 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
550 posts

Feb 7, 2015

Cheater=/=modder

A modder creates new twists to a game breathing new life into it or just adding to the replay value. Games like Counter-Strike, Killing Floor, Garry's Mod, and Team Fortress 2 wouldn't exist without mods, and neither would MOBA's, an entire genre.

A cheater is inherently a modder, sure. But a modder is not inherently a cheater.

Kelsinator wrote:

Plenty of reasons. Some may be genuinely too naive to see anything wrong with it. Others think they won't, or don't care if, they get caught. Then there's the trolls who's fun is to ruin yours. And many other variations of people being **bleep**.

Message 19 of 20 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Feb 7, 2015

get rid of pcs

Message 20 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes