Mar 19 2007
By: Disposition I Only Post Everything 1124 posts

Get all audio to go through USB headset

20 replies 127299 views Edited Mar 19, 2007
I got a usb headset, and i want the audio from the ps3 to go into the headphones while i  pllay games sometime..

I have it pluged in HDMI, and the audio output options arent there for the USB device..  only output for other people talking aiudio..  The mic works great..

But i was wondering if i can use this headset as headphones aswell for the ingame music late at night while the wife is sleepin.

PSN = Disposition
Message 1 of 21 (127,299 Views)
Fender Bender
3737 posts

Re: Get all audio to go through USB headset

Mar 19, 2007
Sorry, no that's not an option.  The USB or BT headset is strictly for voice communications.  If you want to hear the game sounds/sound track, send the audio through to your receiver (surround sound system) and use a pair of headphones connected to it.  You won't have voice communications, but if your wife is sleeping, you would have to whisper anyway 
Message 2 of 21 (127,298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2598 posts

Mar 19, 2007

Disposition wrote:
I got a usb headset, and i want the audio from the ps3 to go into the headphones while i  pllay games sometime..

I have it pluged in HDMI, and the audio output options arent there for the USB device..  only output for other people talking aiudio..  The mic works great..

But i was wondering if i can use this headset as headphones aswell for the ingame music late at night while the wife is sleepin.

no you can't do that unless you follow what O_Town said... what i really don't understand is why you'd (or any of the other people who've asked this question) want the beautiful 7.1 dolby sound to come out of your crappy little bluetooth speaker, but to each his own i guess
Tropical Siesta Hammocks: Feel free to relax..

http://www.tropicalsiesta.net/shop/index.php?source=gregforum&redirect_url=http://www.tropicalsiesta.net
Message 3 of 21 (127,298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5073 posts

Mar 19, 2007

Disposition wrote:

I know what your trying to do. listen to the game play sounds (w/ headphones) while still being able to use the mic.

If you bought a headset with right and left speakers and it had a mic......it still wont work without cutting wires and splicing them in the correct way.

i use to play socom and wanted to do just the same thing. And i did, but it was too many wires and when ps3 came out w/ 5.1 surround sound it was pointless

sony hasnt made a headset that does this sorry dude.

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Message 4 of 21 (127,298 Views)
Fender Bender
4619 posts

Mar 19, 2007

Godluvsugly wrote:

Disposition wrote:

no you can't do that unless you follow what O_Town said... what i really don't understand is why you'd (or any of the other people who've asked this question) want the beautiful 7.1 dolby sound to come out of your crappy little bluetooth speaker, but to each his own i guess

he explained why he wants to use headset.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 5 of 21 (127,298 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Mar 19, 2007
They really can't get the chat to sound good 100% of the time.
LOL You want Chat & gameplay over the Headphones with the mic working.

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals

Message 6 of 21 (127,298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Mar 19, 2007
thanks for some of the responses....  looks like ill just hook it up to my reciever....  and use normal headphones..

And to the others i dont wana chat and listen to game through phones..   I just wana have all the options like a pc.   its better this way in the end cause usb headphones suck majority of the time.

PSN = Disposition
Message 7 of 21 (127,298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 28, 2007
Hi

I too would appreciate the possibility to receive the audio to my bluetooth headphones, just bought new nokia headphones for music but no chance of using them with my ps3. It sucks! Can an update fix this?
Message 8 of 21 (127,298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 10, 2008
Totally agree, we should have an option to enable headset audio like playing games over PC. Beside the headset is USB so shouldn't be difficult to do with a firmware upgrade. Yup, Sony should definitely give people that option in their next patch!
KnightFight
Message 9 of 21 (127,298 Views)
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Feb 10, 2008
Im the United States Speling Be Winnur
Message 10 of 21 (127,298 Views)
0 Likes