Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Offline
3613 posts
 

Re: Geekweb API PSN Community

Aug 26, 2009

http://img405.imageshack.us/i/captures.jpg/

 

this is a snap shot of this project note what it says at the bottom in the yellow box.

it says it is easily crackable and even warns you about it.

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 31 of 36 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/20/2009
Offline
74 posts
 

Re: Geekweb API PSN Community

Feb 26, 2010
Hey guys.

Just for information: The 'contended' GetId is available by the GNU GPL v3 now.
Check it out at http://api.geekweb.org/psn/getid/

Hope you don't see a new reason for distrust in it now ...

Message Edited by Geekathome on 02-26-2010 07:57 PM
Message 32 of 36 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/29/2010
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Geekweb API PSN Community

Nov 30, 2010

 


Recon-X wrote:

essteeyou wrote:

I can't believe the responses to this thread from people who obviously have no idea about the technology being utilised.

 

In face of all the evidence of it being used by many companies (Media Molecule, et al) and the fact that the source code for the project is available, and the existence of hundreds of websites that allow you to sign in with your Twitter/Facebook accounts a few people just stuck with the original confused message of fear, uncertainty, and doubt perhaps preventing people from helping this project out when it really needs the help.

 

If you're not sure of what you're saying then it's probably best not to say anything at all.

 

With that said I'd just like to thank Geekathome for a useful little tutorial that's helped me a great deal in my project.


 

When i log into twitter or facebook and pass my information, my CC number isnt linked to it like my PSN id is.

 

Furthermore, you say that you arent storing the information such as our username and password, but how do we know that.

 

will have me believe that it is impossible to extract this information from what we provide?

 

I say, if you want to help, thats great, use a resticted psn username, one that has NO access to purchases, as the person wisely suggested above.

Message Edited by Recon-X on 08-25-2009 10:04 AM

 

If any of you have any experience in coding or atleast some common computer sense. Yes its good to be alert but you people are being so alert about it, it honestly makes you look dumb. his site uses php, yes, which connects to the offical playstation site. Playstation then sends the "session id"( a random bunch of digits that only work for a certain amount of time). His site then views the playstation site , as you would see it if you were to login. Then using php he "copies" your username because commoning your username is located in one set spot. His site then outputs it.

Yes there is a small risk but going through playstations offical login basically limits those risks and playstation is well aware, if they didnt like it then they would end allowing him to do so.

 

Stealing Credit card info shouldnt even be easy assuming PS does something like xxx-xxxx-xxxx-0935. You have the last 4 digits, wooo!

considering odds are 1,000's of people have the same last 4 digits. Another thing is you need to know more then just the whole card number.

Passwords are hidden because again PSN(offical login) is hosted on playstation and cannot be gathered.

'emails are the same way.

 

If you still have doubts, learn a coding language and quit being a **bleep** to someone who has worked hard to fullfill wants and needs of those coders.  This guy should actually charge people for his api but doing so means i wont use it. 

 

Uses for the api are basically for trophies and maybe friends. You can, if you know php or another coding language, make an signature image that'll update when viewed but it would display your info(trophies).


 
Systems I Own: PSP, PS1, PS
Message 33 of 36 (72 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 02/20/2009
Offline
74 posts
 

Re: Geekweb API PSN Community

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

Saw ttyler333's reply just now. Thanks for your speech. I wasn't active here for a long time. All the trolling people here are just one reason for that. Since the form has to go through our server (because of Sony's restriction of just allowing verified returnUrls) I'm not really willing to write a lot more about it in here because trolls will ever be trolls and since I've started this thread I know there are a lot of them in here. You should learn to point your fingers on the people who really do bad things. Don't **bleep** the good ones.

Message 34 of 36 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Offline
3613 posts
 

Re: Geekweb API PSN Community

Jan 13, 2013

ttyler333 wrote:

 


Recon-X wrote:

essteeyou wrote:

I can't believe the responses to this thread from people who obviously have no idea about the technology being utilised.

 

In face of all the evidence of it being used by many companies (Media Molecule, et al) and the fact that the source code for the project is available, and the existence of hundreds of websites that allow you to sign in with your Twitter/Facebook accounts a few people just stuck with the original confused message of fear, uncertainty, and doubt perhaps preventing people from helping this project out when it really needs the help.

 

If you're not sure of what you're saying then it's probably best not to say anything at all.

 

With that said I'd just like to thank Geekathome for a useful little tutorial that's helped me a great deal in my project.


 

When i log into twitter or facebook and pass my information, my CC number isnt linked to it like my PSN id is.

 

Furthermore, you say that you arent storing the information such as our username and password, but how do we know that.

 

will have me believe that it is impossible to extract this information from what we provide?

 

I say, if you want to help, thats great, use a resticted psn username, one that has NO access to purchases, as the person wisely suggested above.

Message Edited by Recon-X on 08-25-2009 10:04 AM

 

If any of you have any experience in coding or atleast some common computer sense. Yes its good to be alert but you people are being so alert about it, it honestly makes you look dumb. his site uses php, yes, which connects to the offical playstation site. Playstation then sends the "session id"( a random bunch of digits that only work for a certain amount of time). His site then views the playstation site , as you would see it if you were to login. Then using php he "copies" your username because commoning your username is located in one set spot. His site then outputs it.

Yes there is a small risk but going through playstations offical login basically limits those risks and playstation is well aware, if they didnt like it then they would end allowing him to do so.

 

Stealing Credit card info shouldnt even be easy assuming PS does something like xxx-xxxx-xxxx-0935. You have the last 4 digits, wooo!

considering odds are 1,000's of people have the same last 4 digits. Another thing is you need to know more then just the whole card number.

Passwords are hidden because again PSN(offical login) is hosted on playstation and cannot be gathered.

'emails are the same way.

 

If you still have doubts, learn a coding language and quit being a **bleep** to someone who has worked hard to fullfill wants and needs of those coders.  This guy should actually charge people for his api but doing so means i wont use it. 

 

Uses for the api are basically for trophies and maybe friends. You can, if you know php or another coding language, make an signature image that'll update when viewed but it would display your info(trophies).


 

Still wouldn't uses even if he did charge for it.. This code is scetchy and it probably doesn't work right anyways..

Because this guy can't write english that good yet he can code?

How do we know all the ones you included aren't working for him?

We don't and noone is gonna trust anyone on here that says try my code script i made to have you sign into a website other than sony...

 

That is just ridiculous and what is even more ridiculous is that the mods didn't shut this thread down and or delete it...

 

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 35 of 36 (53 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
39172 posts
 

Re: Geekweb API PSN Community

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

hjason1 wrote:

ttyler333 wrote:

 


Recon-X wrote:

essteeyou wrote:

I can't believe the responses to this thread from people who obviously have no idea about the technology being utilised.

 

In face of all the evidence of it being used by many companies (Media Molecule, et al) and the fact that the source code for the project is available, and the existence of hundreds of websites that allow you to sign in with your Twitter/Facebook accounts a few people just stuck with the original confused message of fear, uncertainty, and doubt perhaps preventing people from helping this project out when it really needs the help.

 

If you're not sure of what you're saying then it's probably best not to say anything at all.

 

With that said I'd just like to thank Geekathome for a useful little tutorial that's helped me a great deal in my project.


 

When i log into twitter or facebook and pass my information, my CC number isnt linked to it like my PSN id is.

 

Furthermore, you say that you arent storing the information such as our username and password, but how do we know that.

 

will have me believe that it is impossible to extract this information from what we provide?

 

I say, if you want to help, thats great, use a resticted psn username, one that has NO access to purchases, as the person wisely suggested above.

Message Edited by Recon-X on 08-25-2009 10:04 AM

 

If any of you have any experience in coding or atleast some common computer sense. Yes its good to be alert but you people are being so alert about it, it honestly makes you look dumb. his site uses php, yes, which connects to the offical playstation site. Playstation then sends the "session id"( a random bunch of digits that only work for a certain amount of time). His site then views the playstation site , as you would see it if you were to login. Then using php he "copies" your username because commoning your username is located in one set spot. His site then outputs it.

Yes there is a small risk but going through playstations offical login basically limits those risks and playstation is well aware, if they didnt like it then they would end allowing him to do so.

 

Stealing Credit card info shouldnt even be easy assuming PS does something like xxx-xxxx-xxxx-0935. You have the last 4 digits, wooo!

considering odds are 1,000's of people have the same last 4 digits. Another thing is you need to know more then just the whole card number.

Passwords are hidden because again PSN(offical login) is hosted on playstation and cannot be gathered.

'emails are the same way.

 

If you still have doubts, learn a coding language and quit being a **bleep** to someone who has worked hard to fullfill wants and needs of those coders.  This guy should actually charge people for his api but doing so means i wont use it. 

 

Uses for the api are basically for trophies and maybe friends. You can, if you know php or another coding language, make an signature image that'll update when viewed but it would display your info(trophies).


 

Still wouldn't uses even if he did charge for it.. This code is scetchy and it probably doesn't work right anyways..

Because this guy can't write english that good yet he can code?

How do we know all the ones you included aren't working for him?

We don't and noone is gonna trust anyone on here that says try my code script i made to have you sign into a website other than sony...

 

That is just ridiculous and what is even more ridiculous is that the mods didn't shut this thread down and or delete it...

 


I've suggested that action today.

 

 

 

 Edit: This thread will now be locked since it has run its course.

 

 

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 36 of 36 (50 Views)
0 Likes