Treasure Hunter
8233 posts

Re: Geekweb API PSN Community

Aug 14, 2009

Says the guy who cant even properly link his psn to his gametag.

only a moron would provide any psn information to a non playstation site.

You who claims to have graduated from kindergarden need to find another method of us helping out.

One post to a mod and your whole thread would be removed, because Sony told us never to give our info out.

yet you come to the site and claim that we should.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 36 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Aug 14, 2009

Geekathome wrote:
You are searching for a patsy about the 'stolen PSN account' stories. Sorry, you need to continue your search. I'm shocked about that some people accuse others, without any rationale. Sure, it should be an official Sony project. But Sony don't public a convertor, so I just help people that can't use it. And if you don't want to use it, don't use it.

Anyone can create a connection between my PSN-ID and my real name, where I live and much more. So, would it be clever to absude any data?
Sony europe knows about my script. And I didn't get a call to remove the GetId from the internet.

You'll understand this sometimes maybe: There is NO chance for me to crack any accounts with GetId. Becouse someone who login, type down their email and password on the official External PSN SignIn page. What my script gets is just a valid sessionId. And with a valid sessionId you can't steal any accounts. The only one that I could do, is using the active sessionId to sign in into every page. The point is just: That I don't store or read out the sessionId, becouse I don't want to login on a site (that using the External PSN SignIn) with another account. I left the kindergarten a few years ago (what some of you didn't). If someone wiretab your internet activity and you log into this forum per example, this person is able to use your sessionId too. And all this without my script. But with just a valid sessionId it's NOT possible to steal accounts.

I say that for 3 times now. But you don't really read that, becouse your bedevilment to find a patsy for the 'stolen account' problem let your brain freaks out. Sorry guys, please just reply if you want to send helpful messages.

Message Edited by Geekathome on 08-14-2009 03:51 PM

You're being absurd. its called "protect your info on the internet" IE dont give it to sites, with people LIKE you who are their spokesperson.

Your not even suggesting to sign up there with a different login..you are pushing the fact you want users to use their PSN login info.

What so because you, who doesnt even have their psn tied to their forum account, say that "its trust worthy" means we must believe IT IS INDEED trust worthy?? That is the complete opposite way to protect your info online.

I would report this thread, but the mods on site dont like when you report a thread you already post in.

I have my E Y E on you geekathome.

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 36 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Aug 14, 2009
Not really Recon-X, but a statement from a mod would be helpful.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 36 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Aug 14, 2009

Hi guys, Just to add to what Geekathome is saying..

Basically, on the official Playstation.com site they have a login system that we use on a day to day basis.

It has a function which allows external sites (Inluding those of Socom, Littlebigplanet etc) to use the ps3 login system on there site.

The way it works is..

1. On the external site, you click Login. It will also take with it the returnURL which you came from so you can go back after you have logged in.

2. It will take you to the playstation.com login page.

3. You enter your details and click submit. This is being submitted to sony's server and NOT the external website. You can make sure by seeing the Sony Padlock to show its secure.

4. Once it has verified your details, it sends you back to the website you came from using the returnURL with a sessionID.

The only peice of information sent from sony's server to the external website is that sessionID.

All the external website can do with it is output your Playstation Username. e.g..

I visit the external site, i click login. I get taken to the playstation site. I then enter my details and click login. It checks them to make sure there fine. If there all ok, it sends me back to the site i came from with a sessionid number which is just my playstation username "tutchmedia".

No passwords, emails, bank details or any other info are sent. ONLY YOUR USER ID.

I'm sure any other web programmer here will back me up on this and confirm everything i have said.

It's handy for people who have gaming communities that wish to allow the user chance to not sign up and just use their PSN username to login.

Message Edited by tutchmedia on 08-14-2009 03:06 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 36 (44 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Aug 14, 2009

tutchmedia wrote:
Hi guys, Just to add to what Geekathome is saying.. Basically, on the official Playstation.com site they have a login system that we use on a day to day basis. It has a function which allows external sites (Inluding those of Socom, Littlebigplanet etc) to use the ps3 login system on there site. The way it works is.. 1. On the external site, you click Login. It will also take with it the returnURL which you came from so you can go back after you have logged in. 2. It will take you to the playstation.com login page. 3. You enter your details and click submit. This is being submitted to sony's server and NOT the external website. You can make sure by seeing the Sony Padlock to show its secure. 4. Once it has verified your details, it sends you back to the website you came from using the returnURL with a sessionID. The only peice of information sent from sony's server to the external website is that sessionID. All the external website can do with it is output your Playstation Username. e.g.. I visit the external site, i click login. I get taken to the playstation site. I then enter my details and click login. It checks them to make sure there fine. If there all ok, it sends me back to the site i came from with a sessionid number which is just my playstation username "tutchmedia". No passwords, emails, bank details or any other info are sent. ONLY YOUR USER ID. I'm sure any other web programmer here will back me up on this and confirm everything i have said. It's handy for people who have gaming communities that wish to allow the user chance to not sign up and just use their PSN username to login.

Right thats all fine and dandy..

No one here knows if he is telling the truth, so the best bet, IF YOU NEED TO SIGN UP TO THIS WEBSITE, is to NOT use your PSN login info.

it doesnt matter if he says the info gets sent to mars and back so he cant see the credentials,,,its not trustworthy enough to risk your account.

..or it shouldnt be to any user here with common sense

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 36 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Aug 14, 2009

Geekathome wrote: 
If you want to help us,just sign in with your PSN account and send helpful forum posts.

nothing about the handle,, he is asking for your PSN ACCOUNT. nothing at all more needs to be said except "LOCKED"

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 36 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Aug 14, 2009

When he said info, i think he meant sign in with your info on the playstation website.

I can confirm it works fine. My word probably won't be good enough for anybody, but i have tried this and it's nothing more than a script to allow websites the feature to login with their PSN ID.

More and more sites will soon be adding this feature when sony add the public API.

If you visit a site that allows you to login with your PSN details, click the login link and if you are not taken to the official playstation.com website to login. THEN DON'T LOGIN!

If you are taken from there website to the official playstation website, you may (if you want too) login with your details securely knowing that ONLY sony will see your details.

Best bit of info i can say really.

To put this debate to rest, he is not trying to scam anyone. Merely looking for users to help test this login script which does use the official website.

*Collapses at lengthy posts*

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 36 (44 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Aug 14, 2009

Seriously, if you don't know how this works, don't post about it.

There is NO WAY he can take your login info. This is EXACTLY how it works:

tutchmedia wrote:

Basically, on the official Playstation.com site they have a login system that we use on a day to day basis.

It has a function which allows external sites (Inluding those of Socom, Littlebigplanet etc) to use the ps3 login system on there site.

The way it works is..

1. On the external site, you click Login. It will also take with it the returnURL which you came from so you can go back after you have logged in.

3. You enter your details and click submit. This is being submitted to sony's server and NOT the external website. You can make sure by seeing the Sony Padlock to show its secure.

4. Once it has verified your details, it sends you back to the website you came from using the returnURL with a sessionID.

The only peice of information sent from sony's server to the external website is that sessionID.

All the external website can do with it is output your Playstation Username. e.g..

I visit the external site, i click login. I get taken to the playstation site. I then enter my details and click login. It checks them to make sure there fine. If there all ok, it sends me back to the site i came from with a sessionid number which is just my playstation username "tutchmedia".

No passwords, emails, bank details or any other info are sent. ONLY YOUR USER ID.

I'm sure any other web programmer here will back me up on this and confirm everything i have said.

It's handy for people who have gaming communities that wish to allow the user chance to not sign up and just use their PSN username to login.

Also, just to compare, look at the login link for these forums:

https://secureus.playstation.com/PSN/SignIn?url=http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&message.id=468925#M468925

Now for his site:

https://store.playstation.com/external/index.vm?returnURL=http://api.geekweb.org/psn/community/index.php

Both SECURE CONNECTIONS on the PLAYSTATION WEBSITE. All he is receiving from your login is your Username, for display on your posts.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 36 (44 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Aug 14, 2009

xXI-Patrick-IXx wrote:

Seriously, if you don't know how this works, don't post about it.

There is NO WAY he can take your login info. This is EXACTLY how it works:

tutchmedia wrote:

The way it works is..

Also, just to compare, look at the login link for these forums:

https://secureus.playstation.com/PSN/SignIn?url=http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&message.id=468925#M468925

Now for his site:

https://store.playstation.com/external/index.vm?returnURL=http://api.geekweb.org/psn/community/index.php

Both SECURE CONNECTIONS on the PLAYSTATION WEBSITE. All he is receiving from your login is your Username, for display on your posts.

best to ERR on the side of caution my friend..

anyone can say anything they wish about how "secure it is"..jhe can claim it works how ever he wishes to claim it..

HE DOESNT OFFER UP logging in with OTHER INFO, and tagging your forum handle,, he said "PSN ACCOUNT"

/FAIL

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 36 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Aug 14, 2009

Neridqe wrote:

I HIGHLY advise against anyone signing into ANY website that is unknown with their PSN info.

i hope the community is smarter then that

Message Edited by Neridqe on 08-13-2009 05:51 PM

What do you advise they do? 

Do not peel an Orange with a knife.
I've always got my flamesuit on.
3000th post made on 07-25-2009 08:42 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 47.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 36 (44 Views)
0 Likes