Reply
Oct 14 2010
By: Panther32 I Only Post Everything 1206 posts
Offline

Gaming Routers?

27 replies 669 views Edited Oct 14, 2010

How many of you use Gaming Routers while playing the ps3?

Message 1 of 28 (669 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
5378 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 14, 2010
"gaming" routers are just normal routers with a price increase and better marketing.

there is no difference between a "gaming" router and its equivelent level router.
Message 2 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/10/2009
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 14, 2010

when i got my PS3 i just bought a linksys and works perfect. i saw routers for 150-180 bucks my linksys was 50 and i run my 2 PS3's laptop W!! PSP 3sixty now not all the same time of course but usually theres 2-3 items using the router at once.

Message 3 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/29/2008
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 14, 2010

I tried about 4 different routers as I own two PS3's and in Modern Warfare 2 we ALWAYS had a problem of some kind. Mostly it was one of us having an non OPEN NAT type meaning we could only join others games. Well I went the route of adding in a ton of different port opening/ dmz settings for the two only to still have issues.

 

THAN I FOUND IT!

 

Apple Airport Extreme $189.00 Yes its expensive but it is HANDS DOWN THE BEST ROUTER I EVER OWNED. Supper simple and EVERYTHING works. I have about 15 Networked devices in use and this router handles 2 360's 2 PS3's 3 Iphone/iPads 3 In house Computers etc..

 

Never had a non opened port on Modern Since, and I never have problems in warhawk like I DID with Belkin, Cisco, Netgears

 

 

Message 4 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/29/2010
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 14, 2010
A linksys router is good enough







Message 5 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/09/2007
Offline
3171 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 14, 2010

got two linkys both work great 189.00 buck for a  router sounds like too much

Drago
Message 6 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/22/2009
Offline
2070 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 15, 2010

I got a D-Link DIR-655 and it does everything any gaming router does for a lot less money. I paid $89.95 for the router and it was well worth the price.

Message 7 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/10/2009
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 15, 2010

 


high_timer wrote:

got two linkys both work great 189.00 buck for a  router sounds like too much


totally agree 

 

Message 8 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/17/2008
Online
3464 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 15, 2010

 


sinnerjo wrote:
"gaming" routers are just normal routers with a price increase and better marketing.

there is no difference between a "gaming" router and its equivelent level router.

 

Ah no there not..

Gaming routers open ports for gaming automatically.

Once you start a game it knows what ports to open up.

Plus you can pick what bandwith goes where, and also see the packets.

Also they have display's on them, that show speeds, bandwith, and packets,,

Plus they show more then that,

They are worth the money, i have the first gaming router that came out.

It is ok but, i would like to get the new ones.

Those thing's are awesome.

http://belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=377018

 

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 9 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/10/2009
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: Gaming Routers?

Oct 15, 2010

 


hjason1 wrote:

 


sinnerjo wrote:
"gaming" routers are just normal routers with a price increase and better marketing.

there is no difference between a "gaming" router and its equivelent level router.

 

Ah no there not..

Gaming routers open ports for gaming automatically.

Once you start a game it knows what ports to open up.

Plus you can pick what bandwith goes where, and also see the packets.

Also they have display's on them, that show speeds, bandwith, and packets,,

Plus they show more then that,

They are worth the money, i have the first gaming router that came out.

It is ok but, i would like to get the new ones.

Those thing's are awesome.

http://belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=377018

 


dude im gaming on a 50 dollar router they work perfect 180 bucks is crazy for something much cheaper can do. 

 

Message 10 of 28 (669 Views)
Reply
0 Likes