Jan 24 2013
By: ThatDamnNarwhal Gaming Beast 2023 posts

Gaming Apps that Would Be Great on the Vita

[ Edited ]
16 replies 1419 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

CutTheRope.png

I love playing full on games on the PSVita but sometimes there'd be days where I'd just want to play something short and simple. Recently I recieved JetPack Joyride for free with Playstation Plus and I am quite addicted. With JetPack Joyride being on the iPhone I thought to myself that a few other titles from devices like the iPhone would fit quite well in the Vita. Now don't get me wrong, I love to play full on games on the vita but sometimes I don't have the time to continue a story or just in the mood to play something simple but addicting.

Here are some great titles that'd fit well on the PSVita.

• Fruit Ninja
  • Cut the Rope
  • Temple Run
  • Angry Birds
  • Tiny Wings
  • Tap Tap Revenge
  • Draw Something
  • World of Goo
  • Robot Unicorn Attack

Now here's another idea, less likely so but still a fun idea.

fatprincess.png

On it's own, Fruit Ninja can be very addicting. I will admit that I am quite the addict and adding this game would only add to my addiction. Which exclusive Playstation title could fit Fruit Ninja more than Fat Princess? They just seem to click (food, bombs, ninjas... food). After it's release on the Playstation 3 Fat Princess has made her way to the PSP and into the roster of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and hopefully she makes it to the Vita soon. What better way to welcome her in the Vita than this special edition Fruit Ninja. The closest thing you could get to Fruit Ninja on the Vita are the LittleBigPlanet versions and the Mortal Kombat minigame. Let's also not forget that Fruit Ninja is made by HalfBrick, the guys who made JetPack Joyride.

Here are some other fun mashup special edition titles:

Spoiler

CutTheRope.pngAngryBirds.png

TempleRunUncharted.pngTempleRunCrash.png

Not convinced yet? Why should they add titles such as these to the PSVita?

• There is no doubt that the PSVita could handle these games.
  • There is a ton of space for these games to enhance their quality in things such as gameplay or graphics. 
  • Great titles like these will bring some more attention to the Vita, maybe another reason to buy.
  • People can be so quick-paced sometimes, with quick-paced people you'll need some quick-paced simple games.
  • Affordable games, hopefully around their original prices but I could deal with a price a little higher depending on what they do to the game while transfering it to the Vita.

What do you guys think? What are some fun titles that you think should be added on the Vita? 

Titles suggested by other users

Spoiler

Tetris

Bejeweled

Sim City

River City

Cave Story

Subway Surfers

Nongaming apps that were suggested

Spoiler

tumblr

Amazon Instant Video

Pandora radio

Hulu+

Crackle

Ebook

Instagram ( I will say that the Vitas camera is a little.. low quality even for instagram)

Thread before I updated:

Spoiler

Don't get me wrong, I love to the ability to play full on hardcore games on the PSVita, but sometimes I'm just in the mood to play something nice and short. There are the Playstation Minis but I'm looking for something just a little more. So I thought out some cool ideas of apps that should totally be in the PSVita.

fatprincess.png

I will admit that I am quite of a fruit ninja addict, adding it to the Vita will only support my addiction. Now here's the twist, why not make it a special Fat Princess edition? After entering PS3 then to PSP I think it's time Fat Princess make her way to the Vita, well besides being featured in Playstation All-Stars. Everything just seems to click ( food, ninjas, bombs... food ).

CutTheRope.png

Both Cut the Rope and LittleBigPlanet are very interesting titles which both seem to make you think. Perhaps in a cross-over players will be able to play user generated puzzles and make their very own.

AngryBirds.png

Angry Birds has managed to crash itself into practically everything from your phones to consoles. But it hasn't made its way to the PSVita yet. That probably makes it the only touchscreen device out at the moment that doesn't have this game in it, unless you want to play the PSMini version but it wasn't specifically made for the vita so it isn't exactly touch screen. 

TempleRunUncharted.png

TempleRunCrash.png

Honestly I couldn't pick which one would be better. Uncharted seems to fit very well with Temple Run, but Temple Run always seems to give me the feel of a few classic Crash levels. Either way would go great, but I think I might lean a little more towards Crash. Hell I'll admit it, I just want Crash back in the Playstation family.

Even if these apps decide not to make special Playstation title editions because of all the legal work and issues like that, I would still want them in the PSVita. There is absolutely no doubt that the PSVita could do and handle a lot more than the smartphones, tablets and ipods that these apps are mainly played on. These apps would have so much more room to expand in any way they want, such as graphics and gameplay. I'm sure these popular titles would increase the amount of Vita owners.

What are your opinions? What are some titles you'd like to see on the PSVita?

Message 1 of 17 (1,419 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: Apps that would Rock on the PSVita

Jan 24, 2013
I was thinking social media apps.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 2 of 17 (1,379 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 24, 2013

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:
I was thinking social media apps.

I was going to make a thread on that as well, maybe I should change the title for this thread then?

Message 3 of 17 (1,373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Instagram
Message 4 of 17 (1,371 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I wouldnt be surprised if games like the ones you listed were ported to the vita console, but i dont think Sony would seek out a studio to actually remake them with a Playstation twist. 

By the way i totally agree with you, i think all of us want crash bandicoot back in the Ps family!

New PS Vita Player! Looking for new friends Add me! ( KombatKingx209 )
Message 5 of 17 (1,366 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Even if they didn't make special editions I'd love to see these games on the Vita. I'd given some more thought on this thread and will update it soon, but what do you guys currently think of it?

Message 6 of 17 (1,343 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Okay so I did a huge update to this thread, hopefully you guys like the idea. 

Message 7 of 17 (1,309 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

I feel like a bum triple posting, but I'll give this thread one more bump and then I'll make another different thread. 

I don't want to look attention needy here but I feel like it'd make a better impact if people made comments and supported the idea, but I guess not a lot of people really support this idea. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 17 (1,271 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Bejeweled 3 would be amazing to see.

Tetris would be nice, with REAL trophies and more game modes and not just the Mini's, sadly EA would probably screw it up somehow.

A Sim City like game would do the Vita really well.

Amazon Instant Video would be a good addition.

Pandora would be nice but I'm sure it will never be included because they want people using Music Unlimited.

A slot machine game with the concept of The Pinball Arcade(Adding slot machines in with DLC)

A River City Ransom clone would be badass too, or a remake of Rampage.

Sony also has to figure that people readily have smartphones, a lot of people have tablets, how many people would double dip certain games to be able to play them on the Vita?    That is probably why a lot of games aren't included(But, it also takes time to develop said games.

The real question that comes to mind....you have a lot of great ideas, why can't someone in the Playstation Mobile Development system, replicate said game?    You now have the potential to.   This is why Playstation Suite is in open beta, they probably have their hands full, churning out several games for PS3, and a couple for the Vita.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 9 of 17 (1,256 Views)
MVP Support
13560 posts

Jan 25, 2013

BShornock wrote:

Bejeweled 3 would be amazing to see.

Tetris would be nice, with REAL trophies and more game modes and not just the Mini's, sadly EA would probably screw it up somehow.

A Sim City like game would do the Vita really well.

Amazon Instant Video would be a good addition.

Pandora would be nice but I'm sure it will never be included because they want people using Music Unlimited.

A slot machine game with the concept of The Pinball Arcade(Adding slot machines in with DLC)

A River City Ransom clone would be badass too, or a remake of Rampage.

Sony also has to figure that people readily have smartphones, a lot of people have tablets, how many people would double dip certain games to be able to play them on the Vita?    That is probably why a lot of games aren't included(But, it also takes time to develop said games.

The real question that comes to mind....you have a lot of great ideas, why can't someone in the Playstation Mobile Development system, replicate said game?    You now have the potential to.   This is why Playstation Suite is in open beta, they probably have their hands full, churning out several games for PS3, and a couple for the Vita.

That's exactly why they haven't made any, no one would buy a Vita for the "pick up and play" games only, they buy them for the hardcore, in-depth games. People who play games like that would rather buy a multipurpose device like an iTouch or Tablet to play those games, as well as having the added bonus of an actually competent storage system, Music Player, video player, HD screen, fully featured web browser.

And for the replicating of said games, you can't just copy them (or else you'd face lots of copyright issues). The original makers would have to make a Vita version. And they're probably busy making money off their next big games on smartphones.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 17 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes