Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Re: Gamestop is not making me feel secure about my GO purchase!

Dec 20, 2010

LordFajubi wrote:

The beauty of a PSP Go is once you buy it you never have to deal with Gamestop again. I purposely bought my Go at a gamestop just so they could ridicule me then with a smile I leave with my purchase and tell them I'll see them in a year when I want something else. I never buy used games and the guys at the local shop know it. So hating the Go seems to be pretty universal at Gamestop but I know the employees and pushing used garbage on me, or systems I don't want doesn't work. Clerks at any store are just people so just return what you get. If they offend you go somewhere else, I have 0 problems supporting a competitor when it comes to Gamestop.  Enjoy your Go OP, if you like it who cares if the kid behind the counter approves? It's not like he gives you allowance, you work for your money like everyone else so enjoy spending it.

U always have to deal with someone, when my psn messed up I had to deal with sony till they couldn't fix it and I had to sign up with a new account good thing I hadn't bought that many games, there need to be some ownership rights on DD.

Message 21 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Dec 20, 2010

CF3esBestia wrote:
this holiday season, Ipad and Kindle are the most popular items......most walmarts I go to only keep like 2 pspgo's in stock

Walmart around here won't stock them at all, haha. Been to 4 Walmarts in shopping travels around here and 0 Go's. It's not surprising really, hopefully the PSP2 will end this idiot feud that Sony started and bring PSP owners back together instead of driving us apart.

edit: Ipads are nice and I would get one if not for price. I can get a real PC for that and I just can't bring myself to pay it, cool product though. Kindle I don't understand at all, most people who read that I know prefer paper and the people who would use a gadget rarely read. I don't know on that one.

Message 22 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Dec 20, 2010

LordFajubi wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

U always have to deal with someone, when my psn messed up I had to deal with sony till they couldn't fix it and I had to sign up with a new account good thing I hadn't bought that many games, there need to be some ownership rights on DD.

Oh I get that, I am not thrilled with dealing with Sony either but the OP had issues with Gamestop and indeed buying a Go can end that. That being said I don't trust Sony either but I haven't had any problems with my the 1st or 2nd Go and *knock on wood*

It doesn't make me feel comfortable knowing it could happen again, I wanna buy dd games but can only bring myself to buy ps1 classics.

Message 23 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Dec 20, 2010

p4s2p0 wrote:

LordFajubi wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

Oh I get that, I am not thrilled with dealing with Sony either but the OP had issues with Gamestop and indeed buying a Go can end that. That being said I don't trust Sony either but I haven't had any problems with my the 1st or 2nd Go and *knock on wood*

It doesn't make me feel comfortable knowing it could happen again, I wanna buy dd games but can only bring myself to buy ps1 classics.

I have faith in Sony I have been buying DL items and games off Sony sense the PS3 was released. And I have never had a problem, the only time your going to loose your games is if you get your acount banned by Sony. Which is never going to happen if you follow the rules of PSN.

Message 24 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Dec 20, 2010

Soulwatcher wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

LordFajubi wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

I have faith in Sony I have been buying DL items and games off Sony sense the PS3 was released. And I have never had a problem, the only time your going to loose your games is if you get your acount banned by Sony. Which is never going to happen if you follow the rules of PSN.

Well, apparently some PSN accounts can become corrupt and you need to make a new one, but I have never heard of that actually happening on PSN or anything else like iTunes or XBL just out of the blue. Usually it's because the owner had their account banned or modified their systems, causing problems with their accounts.

I trust PSN too though. Have never had problems. It just works.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Message 25 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 20, 2010

APVangeliLHS wrote:

Soulwatcher wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

LordFajubi wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

Well, apparently some PSN accounts can become corrupt and you need to make a new one, but I have never heard of that actually happening on PSN or anything else like iTunes or XBL just out of the blue. Usually it's because the owner had their account banned or modified their systems, causing problems with their accounts.

I remember some time ago that a fellow forum user had many psp's and they always ended up broken and because this person didnt send the psp's in to be repaired by sony (he just returned them back to the store he bought them from) he eneded up using all of his 5 psp slots and sony would not reset his account because he didnt have those psp's on hand to deactiveate from his account. He was so mad that sony would not reset his account that he had to make a all new account. He even said he would never buy any downloadable content because of what happened. I wonder what happened to that guy.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 26 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Dec 20, 2010

Naquiel wrote:

APVangeliLHS wrote:

Soulwatcher wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

LordFajubi wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

I remember some time ago that a fellow forum user had many psp's and they always ended up broken and because this person didnt send the psp's in to be repaired by sony (he just returned them back to the store he bought them from) he eneded up using all of his 5 psp slots and sony would not reset his account because he didnt have those psp's on hand to deactiveate from his account. He was so mad that sony would not reset his account that he had to make a all new account. He even said he would never buy any downloadable content because of what happened. I wonder what happened to that guy.

IDK but sony offers a 1 time reset now.

Message 27 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 20, 2010

Soulwatcher wrote:

IDK but sony offers a 1 time reset now.

Well anyone can just deactivate a psp when they want to, but if a psp is broken, if that customer sends in the psp, sony will deactivate it from a persons account for them.

But thats nice of sony to give a 1 time reset. I know other companies let you do a reset once a year.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 28 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Dec 20, 2010

Soulwatcher wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

LordFajubi wrote:

p4s2p0 wrote:

I followed the rules for some reason I was getting errors(trying to download games even demos's lol)couple of them sony wasnt' able to fix them or tell me why. My first account messed up in a year or 2 after I made it. Sony didn't ban me anyway, but it's not like they fixed it or exchanged my games to new account. New one worked right away so I assume it was on their end. It wasn't because of the sytem limit I only had the 1 slot used.

Sony tried blaming it on my router and dsl modem but if it worked before and new account worked, so that obviously wasnt' it.

Message 29 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Dec 20, 2010

Weird I never had a problem and I downloaded $300+ worth of content so far.

Message 30 of 35 (4 Views)
0 Likes