Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Re: Gamestop is not making me feel secure about my GO purchase!

Dec 19, 2010

Shortguy wrote:

APVangeliLHS wrote:

Gamestop never supported the PSPgo because you can't buy new/used games for it there. Considering used games are probably a very big business for Gamestop, they have a childish attitude towards the system.

Plus, who goes to Gamestop to buy anything? They never have really good deals anyway... You'd have better luck at Wal-Mart and Bestbuy.

I'm sure that if you talked to any employee at Gamestop they'd all say the PSPgo is stupid. Gamestop is a joke.

"childish" attitude? you mean business attitude, why would any retail store support a product that doesn't make them money.  Gamestop has good deals all the time.  Wal-Mart and Best buy are the very definition of heartless corporations that soul-suck any chance of community wealth so don't bother with an argument along those lines.  At least employees at gamestop are gamers 9 times outta 10.

Well no, childish because I was called an retard by one of the employees for asking about PSPgo accessories myself. If I was ever running a business, employees wouldn't do that, ever. And Gamestop is a horrible place (aside from the employees.) I've worked there. Nobody is happy. At least at Wal-mart or Bestbuy the people greet you and smile. Soul-sucking, probably, but much better employee wellness. And while not as national as Wal-mart or Bestbuy, they are pretty close... More specialized in the majorly-profitable-for-them-only used game market though. Community wealth? More like buy a game off of you for $10 and sell it for $30. Doesn't sound like community wealth, sounds more like community ripoff. And their "good deals" are at max $10 off "select" titles. You can get new games for $20 on Amazon.com. Plus there are many times when items were sold as "new" but not really, previously secretly used by the staff. It happens in more than one store... I've even reported people for doing this yet nothing happened.

It's truly a horrible place. I'd rather go to the soul-sucking heartless corporations to do my shopping. It, at many times, is cheaper. Also, at least Wal-Mart and Bestbuy do a better job at keeping in-store stuff in stock... Not to mention, them being the national soul-sucking corporations also gives people a better selection in games.

And yes, 9-times out of 10 the employees are gamers, but that doesn't make them good people... It just makes it more difficult for Gamestop as a whole to die.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Message 11 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Dec 19, 2010

APVangeliLHS wrote:

Shortguy wrote:

APVangeliLHS wrote:

Gamestop never supported the PSPgo because you can't buy new/used games for it there. Considering used games are probably a very big business for Gamestop, they have a childish attitude towards the system.

Plus, who goes to Gamestop to buy anything? They never have really good deals anyway... You'd have better luck at Wal-Mart and Bestbuy.

I'm sure that if you talked to any employee at Gamestop they'd all say the PSPgo is stupid. Gamestop is a joke.

"childish" attitude? you mean business attitude, why would any retail store support a product that doesn't make them money.  Gamestop has good deals all the time.  Wal-Mart and Best buy are the very definition of heartless corporations that soul-suck any chance of community wealth so don't bother with an argument along those lines.  At least employees at gamestop are gamers 9 times outta 10.

Well no, childish because I was called an retard by one of the employees for asking about PSPgo accessories myself. If I was ever running a business, employees wouldn't do that, ever. And Gamestop is a horrible place (aside from the employees.) I've worked there. Nobody is happy. At least at Wal-mart or Bestbuy the people greet you and smile. Soul-sucking, probably, but much better employee wellness. And while not as national as Wal-mart or Bestbuy, they are pretty close... More specialized in the majorly-profitable-for-them-only used game market though. Community wealth? More like buy a game off of you for $10 and sell it for $30. Doesn't sound like community wealth, sounds more like community ripoff. And their "good deals" are at max $10 off "select" titles. You can get new games for $20 on Amazon.com. Plus there are many times when items were sold as "new" but not really, previously secretly used by the staff. It happens in more than one store... I've even reported people for doing this yet nothing happened.

It's truly a horrible place. I'd rather go to the soul-sucking heartless corporations to do my shopping. It, at many times, is cheaper. Also, at least Wal-Mart and Bestbuy do a better job at keeping in-store stuff in stock... Not to mention, them being the national soul-sucking corporations also gives people a better selection in games.

And yes, 9-times out of 10 the employees are gamers, but that doesn't make them good people... It just makes it more difficult for Gamestop as a whole to die.

All stores are like that, walmart was going to hold a 16gb pro duo for me I drove 20 miles and they sold it and sold out, **bleep**. They make what they gave to us usually last game I got 18 for and they were selling used for 34, but thats not unusual for any company. I buy anything in store  I assume they  paid about half what I paid for it which is why it's so much cheaper online

Message 12 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Dec 19, 2010

As far as my experience with GameStop goes both personal and professional- F**k em. From the one's I've worked at and shopped at they've been nothing but a bunch of MicroSft elitists and their bull sh*t little "Sony should have named the PSP go- PSP no" crap has got to stop too. I too got the look as if I were a pedofile rapist when I bought a GO new. I was asked point blank if I knew what I was doing by my boss (who's a dck anyways) and that I was stupid. So I went to Wal*Mart and bought one and brought it in to play on my break. It's just the cynicism to anyone with a GO from a bunch of snobs that really just burns me. By the end of the day we're all playing PSP games. What exactly is the problem with the form you play it on and that you yourself pay for? I will never fully understand that. GameStop especially hates it when you recommend a PSP Go to someone who's legitimately considering one for it's convenience and their own personal interest. Good times!!! Whoever wants a Go for themselves, go for it. There's a 99% chance you've done your homework before buying it so go reap your rewards.

Message 13 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Dec 19, 2010

That's one of the major problems with GameStop employees.  Not all of them of course.  They just don't realize that a sale is a sale.  Make the customer happy and feel like they want to return to your store.  It's not that hard, but many of their employees are teenagers who were told to get a job and their fanboyism comes through when talking about the products.  Also, GS has a major habit of only pushing several products over anything else- their "Drive for Five" gimmick.  They're the five games they HAVE to push b/c the company says so.  They do secret shopper calls and walk-ins just to be sure the employees are doing it too.  If they aren't then they, including the manager on duty often, get written up.

At the GS I used to work at there was a new guy (didn't last long) that every time someone came up with a Nintendo product he ask them if they were sure, or if they came up with a PS or Sony product he'd try to talk them out of it.  But a 360 product he'd damn near high-five them.

There are some great employees there but they're hard to find.  Your best bet is to do your research beforehand, know what you want, go in an get it and don't let them say anything to you besides what you owe them.  Even better, go somewhere else!

Message 14 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
634 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Soulwatcher wrote:

Today I was looking for a case for my PSP go and I called the Gamestop were I bought it at. And the guy said we don't get any accessory's for the PSP GO because we don't sell many. So I call all the Gamestops around town and a Gamestop 5 miles away has a case. So I drive there and pick up a case and screen protector and when I get to the counter. The guy behind the counter looked at me like  I just killed his best friend and said 'You know thats for a PSP GO right?" I said "uh ya thats why I am buying it" And then he tells me that they only sold 3 PSP GO's all year and one of them was to a employee.

Gamestop makes me feel like I just bought a lemon and that I am totally screwed. I like the GO but if Gamestop is going to quit carrying items for it, then I am going to be pretty pissed off. I asked the guy if they were discontinued he said no. What are your guys thoughts about the PSP GO?

Honestly, don't worry about it at all. From my experience, I've only been to one Gamestop where an employee was even somewhat educated and unbais.  (and I've been to a lot...).

I know around my area, PSPs were sold out for a while after the GoW game was released. When I purchased my Go on release day, I got the last black one they had instock too.

Final thoughts: The game industry is extremly biased these days. You get some people who will diss products they've never had/tried just because of a brand name. Do educated research on products and establish your own opinions and stick true to them. 

My opinion= I love my PSP Go, but it's not for everyone.  If you like purchasing games locally, you might have been better off with a 3000. Personally, I hate dealing with Gamestops shinanagins and rather buy straight from Sony and Amazon.

Enjoy!

-insert cool sig here.
Message 15 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Enzo_man wrote:

That's one of the major problems with GameStop employees.  Not all of them of course.  They just don't realize that a sale is a sale.  Make the customer happy and feel like they want to return to your store.  It's not that hard, but many of their employees are teenagers who were told to get a job and their fanboyism comes through when talking about the products.  Also, GS has a major habit of only pushing several products over anything else- their "Drive for Five" gimmick.  They're the five games they HAVE to push b/c the company says so.  They do secret shopper calls and walk-ins just to be sure the employees are doing it too.  If they aren't then they, including the manager on duty often, get written up.

At the GS I used to work at there was a new guy (didn't last long) that every time someone came up with a Nintendo product he ask them if they were sure, or if they came up with a PS or Sony product he'd try to talk them out of it.  But a 360 product he'd damn near high-five them.

There are some great employees there but they're hard to find.  Your best bet is to do your research beforehand, know what you want, go in an get it and don't let them say anything to you besides what you owe them.  Even better, go somewhere else!

Can be more than written up, I was told to quite when I would follow radio shack policy like that pushing phones and satalites.  So gamestop isn't the only one. You should alway reasearch before hand on any product, lot of times salesman don't know about what they are selling anyway.

Message 16 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Dec 19, 2010

The beauty of a PSP Go is once you buy it you never have to deal with Gamestop again. I purposely bought my Go at a gamestop just so they could ridicule me then with a smile I leave with my purchase and tell them I'll see them in a year when I want something else. I never buy used games and the guys at the local shop know it. So hating the Go seems to be pretty universal at Gamestop but I know the employees and pushing used garbage on me, or systems I don't want doesn't work. Clerks at any store are just people so just return what you get. If they offend you go somewhere else, I have 0 problems supporting a competitor when it comes to Gamestop.  Enjoy your Go OP, if you like it who cares if the kid behind the counter approves? It's not like he gives you allowance, you work for your money like everyone else so enjoy spending it.

Message 17 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Dec 20, 2010
just so u know i have a job at gamestop...and we try really hard at mine to help everyone and make the customers happy. Yes, some can be biased but not everyone is! Also, i think that employee did the right thing making sure u were buying the correct item for your system. i've had ppl come up to me buying psp go stuff, and i asked what type of system they had, realizing they were making a wrong purchase. i'm sure they really apreciated it. the guy may not have said it in a nice way, but at least he had good intentions.

and honestly, since the psp go release, we havent sold like ANY psp go's....i think just two. :/
Message 18 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Dec 20, 2010

p4s2p0 wrote:

U always have to deal with someone, when my psn messed up I had to deal with sony till they couldn't fix it and I had to sign up with a new account good thing I hadn't bought that many games, there need to be some ownership rights on DD.

Oh I get that, I am not thrilled with dealing with Sony either but the OP had issues with Gamestop and indeed buying a Go can end that. That being said I don't trust Sony either but I haven't had any problems with my the 1st or 2nd Go and *knock on wood*

Message 19 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1426 posts

Dec 20, 2010
this holiday season, Ipad and Kindle are the most popular items......most walmarts I go to only keep like 2 pspgo's in stock
Photobucket

Don't talk trash and hide behind your computer screen. Man up and confront them face to face.
"Close Friends and BULLETS, where are they when you need them"
Message 20 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes