Highlighted
Dec 19 2010
By: Soulwatcher Wastelander 663 posts

Gamestop is not making me feel secure about my GO purchase!

34 replies 54 views Edited Dec 19, 2010

Today I was looking for a case for my PSP go and I called the Gamestop were I bought it at. And the guy said we don't get any accessory's for the PSP GO because we don't sell many. So I call all the Gamestops around town and a Gamestop 5 miles away has a case. So I drive there and pick up a case and screen protector and when I get to the counter. The guy behind the counter looked at me like  I just killed his best friend and said 'You know thats for a PSP GO right?" I said "uh ya thats why I am buying it" And then he tells me that they only sold 3 PSP GO's all year and one of them was to a employee.

Gamestop makes me feel like I just bought a lemon and that I am totally screwed. I like the GO but if Gamestop is going to quit carrying items for it, then I am going to be pretty pissed off. I asked the guy if they were discontinued he said no. What are your guys thoughts about the PSP GO?

Message 1 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Re: Gamestop is not making me feel secure about my GO purchase!

Dec 19, 2010

Soulwatcher wrote:

Today I was looking for a case for my PSP go and I called the Gamestop were I bought it at. And the guy said we don't get any accessory's for the PSP GO because we don't sell many. So I call all the Gamestops around town and a Gamestop 5 miles away has a case. So I drive there and pick up a case and screen protector and when I get to the counter. The guy behind the counter looked at me like  I just killed his best friend and said 'You know thats for a PSP GO right?" I said "uh ya thats why I am buying it" And then he tells me that they only sold 3 PSP GO's all year and one of them was to a employee.

Gamestop makes me feel like I just bought a lemon and that I am totally screwed. I like the GO but if Gamestop is going to quit carrying items for it, then I am going to be pretty pissed off. I asked the guy if they were discontinued he said no. What are your guys thoughts about the PSP GO?

I don't think you bought a lemon.  Even if it is not that popular in your area, it still plays games just fine.  Accessories perhaps are harder to find, but you can always find them online.  I would actually recommend buying them online.  You can typically get better quality accessories for way cheaper online.  For example the Logitech PSP screen protector I bought at a retail store for $15 worked for all of a week.  The Hori screen protector I bought online for $4.50 has lasted five years and counting, went on perfect, and has not been damaged at all.

Message 2 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Once I went into a game store (not Gamestop) that was closing and they had like 30% off everything. So I am in there looking around wanting to buy something. And all my girlfriend and I could find was Dante's Inferno, which we both wanted to play. But the employ talked us out of it even tho it was a great price. 

He said the graphics were just ok, I was like I played the demo and thought they held their own. He says its like 6 hours on hard, he went on but it was like 1.5 years ago.

We walked out and I thought I bet thats why they are closing.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Gamestop doesn't carry as many accesory's for any of them, I am getting a 16gb pro duo, 3 gamestops and none had them. So I am getting one from walmart.

Message 4 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Dec 19, 2010

lol, yeah that employee shouldn't have said that...

Level 9,999 Laharl
Message 5 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Gamestop never supported the PSPgo because you can't buy new/used games for it there. Considering used games are probably a very big business for Gamestop, they have a childish attitude towards the system.

Plus, who goes to Gamestop to buy anything? They never have really good deals anyway... You'd have better luck at Wal-Mart and Bestbuy.

I'm sure that if you talked to any employee at Gamestop they'd all say the PSPgo is stupid. Gamestop is a joke.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Message 6 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Dec 19, 2010
the reason i think the psp go's are not selling is because you have to download the games and some people might not have wifi at there house or they dont like using the psn store but other than that i think it is better the the 3000
Message 7 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Me and my brother bought two psp go's about 10 minutes ago and i got the same feeling bro.. i called the store earlier today to check if they had the Coke Wave White PSP Go and they said yes they do and when im omw to pick them (7 hours later) up i call again to make sure they were still there a guy answered the phone and as soon as i asked he didn't even bother checking he just said no we dont have em in stock, so i call back 30 seconds later a girl picks up and when she checks they had a few in stock.. so **bleep** gamestop.

Message 8 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Dec 19, 2010

JdotScope wrote:

Me and my brother bought two psp go's about 10 minutes ago and i got the same feeling bro.. i called the store earlier today to check if they had the Coke Wave White PSP Go and they said yes they do and when im omw to pick them (7 hours later) up i call again to make sure they were still there a guy answered the phone and as soon as i asked he didn't even bother checking he just said no we dont have em in stock, so i call back 30 seconds later a girl picks up and when she checks they had a few in stock.. so **bleep** gamestop.

Exactly as I said above, the employees are kinda lame.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Message 9 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Dec 19, 2010

APVangeliLHS wrote:

Gamestop never supported the PSPgo because you can't buy new/used games for it there. Considering used games are probably a very big business for Gamestop, they have a childish attitude towards the system.

Plus, who goes to Gamestop to buy anything? They never have really good deals anyway... You'd have better luck at Wal-Mart and Bestbuy.

I'm sure that if you talked to any employee at Gamestop they'd all say the PSPgo is stupid. Gamestop is a joke.

"childish" attitude? you mean business attitude, why would any retail store support a product that doesn't make them money.  Gamestop has good deals all the time.  Wal-Mart and Best buy are the very definition of heartless corporations that soul-suck any chance of community wealth so don't bother with an argument along those lines.  At least employees at gamestop are gamers 9 times outta 10.

Level 9,999 Laharl
Message 10 of 35 (54 Views)
0 Likes