Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Re: Gamestop employee pushing customers away from ps4

Dec 26, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

How is this a bad thing? Ensuring a competetive market is bad now?

I am sure you can use your head and think about why it is a bad thing.  I am sure gamestop did not have the PS4 in stock and wanted to make a sale, however, any partner of Sony (anyone selling their system, games or accessories) most likely have some stipulation in their contract saying they can not talk bad about their product. 

Speaking highly of another product wouldnt count as that but giving false information and going to the forums and using only negative posts would.  I have no problem with someone recommending their choice of console but it should not be at the expense of the competition.  Give the proper information so the customer can get the best console that fits their needs.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 21 of 32 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2013

well theres this thing called slander & libel. take ur pick

Message 22 of 32 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Dude you are full of crap. I am currently an employee of Gamestop and if my DM caught any associate downing either system there would be more than a conversation had about educating the customers on benefits of both systems
Message 23 of 32 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Lol this nerd has just been trolling. Don't mind her, she probably doesn't own either console.
Message 24 of 32 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1178 posts

Dec 27, 2013

BRB_Krew wrote:
Is this something they are allowed to do? I was in there trading some games in and a couple were asking about the PS4 and the guy said something like "I have heard nothing but bad things about it from everyone who bought it. More than half the people that bought it here actually traded it in for am Xbox One. And the others returned bricked consoles and decided to go for Xbox One instead."

And THEN he actually pulled out his phone and showed them THIS FORUM and pointed out all the network issues that it's having. Not only did the couple leave with an Xbox One, but there was a kid with his parent that changed his mind and went with an X1 instead!

Lol talk about taking business away from Sony! On the bright side, at least they'll go home with an online service that actually works.

Why does Microsoft continually disable my auto sign in so they/I can "set up security"? [This was on the 360(Live)]I am not harassed to do this on the PS4. If I were to turn on my xbox, it wa bug me regarding this right now.I am NOT giving them my phone number NOR am I giving them an additional e-mail address. Xbox live is a joke, also, have fun with your Mountain Dew, Doritos, and more ads. They will know which ads you like when the Kinect senses your heart rate increasing rapidly at the site

Message 25 of 32 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3450 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Well, the general consensus over on the Xbox forums is that GameStop is pro-Sony.  In my experience, they just want to sell something, regardless of who makes it. 

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Message 26 of 32 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Dec 27, 2013
I say if the average consumer is letting some random underpaid goober spend their hard earned cash for them then they should be taken... You know, a fool and his money...
All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 27 of 32 (107 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28520 posts

Dec 27, 2013

It was a number of years ago that I heard Microsoft dumped a truckload of money infront of the GameStop offices, so they would become "your official XBox headquarters". They're probably still in cahoots.

Message 28 of 32 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 27, 2013

The gamestop i went to today said that sony sent them 10 ps4's total and they had xbox 1's for sale only today.   Sony may have undersupplied Gamestop, which is a stupid move because they help people make decisions one way or the other. 

Message 29 of 32 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Wow. I work at gamestop and we are not suppose to be biased. He is obviously a hardcore xbone fanboy and shouldn't be doing anything of the sort.
Message 30 of 32 (101 Views)
0 Likes