Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: Gamestop Black Friday PS+ Code?

Nov 29, 2013

I wonder what the trigger is.

Well it is not a supply issue.

I just bought another year for my lil bro, with my debit card and got instant delivery on confirmation screen again.

I am sure they will get you sorted.

Probably best to wait till next week to enter the code anyway with all the PSN wonkeynes today.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 21 of 30 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Still on hold... over an hour so far.

I am a little weary of this now. I wish I could just easily cancel this and order it on Amazon. Amazon has a better deal anyway with the $5 credit. I'd get the code right away too and not have put up with this BS. I guess I can just order it through Amazon and send an email to gamestop.com to c ancel it. I can always do a chargeback if gamestop tries to charge me. I just don't want to get screwed if gamestop.com does not put this through and I end up having to pay full price because the sales are over.

Message 22 of 30 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Update:

So well over an hour on hold someone finally answers. Overseas customer service. He told me my order was "under review". For what I asked him. He just said they have to check that the info is correct. I said it was well over the 12 hours, how much longer do I have to wait? He did not have an answer for that. He told me either it will be approved or not approved. Very shady to say the least. Well I canceled the gamestop order. Ordered through Amazon and had my code within a minute. Gamestop.com is a joke. Yeah if they don't approve it for some reason that they'll make up I am screwed paying full price. No thanks.

Jay

Message 23 of 30 (335 Views)
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

jayiw wrote:

Update:

So well over an hour on hold someone finally answers. Overseas customer service. He told me my order was "under review". For what I asked him. He just said they have to check that the info is correct. I said it was well over the 12 hours, how much longer do I have to wait? He did not have an answer for that. He told me either it will be approved or not approved. Very shady to say the least. Well I canceled the gamestop order. Ordered through Amazon and had my code within a minute. Gamestop.com is a joke. Yeah if they don't approve it for some reason that they'll make up I am screwed paying full price. No thanks.

Jay

How did you manage to get gamestop to cancel it because I thought all digital code orders were final? I'd like to cancel mine too if I could; I really hate gamestop.

Message 24 of 30 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9638 posts

Nov 29, 2013

torch1177 wrote:

jayiw wrote:

Update:

Jay

How did you manage to get gamestop to cancel it because I thought all digital code orders were final? I'd like to cancel mine too if I could; I really hate gamestop.

well if you never got a code you should be able to cancel.  think his issue was they said they needed 12 hours to verfiy stuff and never yet sent him a code

Message 25 of 30 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Re: Gamestop.com Black Friday PS+ Code?

Nov 29, 2013
Got mine the second I paid for it...
Gamer till the End
Message 26 of 30 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

torch1177 wrote:

jayiw wrote:

Update:

Jay

I just told him to cancel it. It was over 15 hours and I still never got the code. My card was not even charged for it yet.  Heck the guy even seemed happy that I canceled it.

Message 27 of 30 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 30, 2013

I'm in the same boat as many of you. I placed two orders thru gamestop.com, and both were placed "Under Review". I have no idea why this occurred. I think it's ridiculous. I was only hold for about 55 minutes, and the guy on the phone said I had to wait 24 hours, but everything looked ok...whatever that means. Last time I order something from gamestop.com. I should have just done what I do all the time...order from amazon.com.

Message 28 of 30 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 30, 2013
Same here...but then i couldnt access the code via ps store lol just glad i could get the 30$ deal and cancel gamestop charge
Message 29 of 30 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Nov 30, 2013

I finally got my email telling me to log in and get my code. Geesh.

Message 30 of 30 (236 Views)
0 Likes