Treasure Hunter
4902 posts

Re: Games won't update expiration date after renewal for ps+

Jul 29, 2011

Jonny_Madrox wrote:

For some reason the stuff I downloaded during my 30 day trail don't appear in my downloads list anymore though and I've no idea who I can contact for support on this, anyone have any idea who/where or any advice? I really would like burnout, james pond and the mini's i downloaded during the welcome back period to still work.

There seems to be an issue with content from the trial not renewing over to a paid membership. Are you in EU? If so you should post about the issue at http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/bd-p/419 for localized support.

Message 61 of 89 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Has this been resolved yet?

Message 62 of 89 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 6, 2012

I would say NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 

I just checked my games after getting low on space while downloading todays mediocre releases and noticed all the expired games.  I then went onilne and noticed this issue going back quite a long time, seems like since the beginning.  My nephew is going to be ill that sonic was one of the victims

Everything from plus I d/l'ed prior to Aug 1 2011 is expired and missing from the store download list.  All the items are "blue bagged" instead of red.  They do show up in Transaction history but that does no good unless I'm expected to culmunate this information and do what with it?  It does list transaction #s.

This irritates me to no end after being told, they are good as long as you are a member, something reiterated on the ok screen you have to go through before downloading!!!!!!!  This week, I have been saying I was dumping xbox live since they've turned into a media/advertising machine and how PS+ was actually worth the money spent.  I'm not feeling that excitement now.  I've lost quite a few games,some I hadn't even started yet.  There are a lot on there, like I said I had to clean some space to get all of todays downloads and I've rarely purchased anything from the store.  I prefer disks, if you've worked in technology as long as I have, never trust a hard drive, local ISP or in this case,  the service you've been extended with being able to recoup your virtual loss.  This is why anyone who wants a digital only service is quite the fool with empty hands and pockets.

Here's what I've found perusing the logs available:

Services shows 11/17/2010  -  4/27/2013  PS+  service begin to expiration   30 months, odd but 70 days were added from the downtime.  There may be a 3 month card somewhere ithe mass of entries.

transaction history: 

9/30/2010 1st d/l

11/17/2010 1 year ps+ package

2/4/2011  2yr warranty

4/17/2011 credit for tax calc error

5/20/2011 ps+ 1yr

ps+ games prior to  Aug 1 2011 expired

4/27/2013 date that shows on every game that wasn't expired.  I clicked on every game not purchased with real funds.

If anyone knows of a way to get the lost ones back, please tell!!  Thanks!  Until then, I guess I will set a reminder every few montsh to check licenses,

Message 63 of 89 (286 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7401 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Did you read this thread?  I'm sure someone mentioned it.  The games should just be expired, not gone.  You just need to redownload them; not even that, you just need to start the download, and then you can cancel it.  Unless it tries charging you (which you didn't mention if you even tried) there's not really a problem.

Message 64 of 89 (286 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Yes, I did try to go to the store and download them but was only given the option to buy them.  The store was the only place I could download them from since the are not in the download list any longer.  Everything prior to Aug, that wasn't purchased or given away free, is no longer listed.  The games that weren't expired updated the end date to the correct date after activating a few, I went through the entire list to check.

Weird thing is, sonic should have at least updated since my nephew played it a couple weeks ago but aparently not.  The expired date should update to your final date whenever you add more time to the system, like most systems do, but this is obviously broken.

It supposedly will correct the date when I renew again, but that isn't for another 10 months.  I deleted all of them to make room for the new stuff.  I may get a 3 mo card to see if the show up in my download list since they are blue bagged. 

Message 65 of 89 (286 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11354 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Make sure you are logged on with the correct account.  My download history goes all the way back to when I first downloaded PAIN (my first PSN download) on August 20, 2008.  I don't think content ever disappears from the download list (Q*Bert is still on my list, and it is no longer available on the PS Store).

Message 66 of 89 (286 Views)
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Jun 7, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

Did you read this thread?  I'm sure someone mentioned it.  The games should just be expired, not gone.  You just need to redownload them; not even that, you just need to start the download, and then you can cancel it.  Unless it tries charging you (which you didn't mention if you even tried) there's not really a problem.

I didn't read the thread, but I know you are correct. My 3 month subscription expired then I got a new year sub a few weeks later, the expiration dates did not renew initially, but starting a download of 'problem' game and just cancelling it to renew.

I don't remember all my initial games but I do remember losing access to them, now they're all resolved I know that for sure.

Message 67 of 89 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 8, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

Make sure you are logged on with the correct account.  My download history goes all the way back to when I first downloaded PAIN (my first PSN download) on August 20, 2008.  I don't think content ever disappears from the download list (Q*Bert is still on my list, and it is no longer available on the PS Store).

I only have the one account, the d/l list shows everything I purchased prior to Aug '11 except the ps+ freebies.  Sonic & sonic 2 are not listed, but the others in the sega collection are there,  ex. comic zone, weird!?!  Those missing do show the blue bag instead of red and if I go through the transaction screen it attempts to charge for it.  They do show in the transaction list.

One thing I haven't tried is logging out and logging back in.  Also, not sure if there is a way to sync your account, which may/may not refresh the d/ list.  I've only synced trophies and it didn't change anything.  I also didn't notice if there was an account recovery option like on the 360.  If so, that would be a possibility.  Just thought of something else, some of the free content didn't have an expiration date listed, I didn't purchase it either.  Some of the info screens would scroll down, these did not.

It's really not a big deal to me, since I didn't play many of them regularly(too many games, not enough time) but since it shouldn't happen, I would hope it would be fixed so it doesn't happen to someone else. 

Theoretically, when someone adds a new sub(expired or not) they get a new expiration date.  The new date should pass on to the content but it seems that doesn't happen correctly, until some other function has occurred.  Hence, if there is no action with the content, no check is made to the server, so it keeps it's original expiry date, it's just another file on the hard drive.  Date passes, content expires.  If the content is updated, downloaded again, or run then it corrects the date of expiration but only then.  The issue gets worse since the download list was modified.  I deleted all the expired stuff to make space for the new so I don't have a game to test.  If it was listed in the d/l list, expired or not, I could get it back.  I'm going to try some things tonight to see if the list updates, hopefully get the card tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I'll let you know if anything changes. 

Message 68 of 89 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 8, 2012

You should totally just call sony and tell them and they should be able to fix it. At lest your problem not the the whole.

Message 69 of 89 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 10, 2012

It is the way their licensing system works. You will need to reactivate your licenses. Start a download then cancel it.

Message 70 of 89 (286 Views)
0 Likes