PlayStation MVP
828 posts

Re: Games won't update expiration date after renewal for ps+

Feb 2, 2011

I lost too many things I wanted to keep so i'll just let my subscription end and use the money to buy the things I lost and just buy things from PSN myself and lose out on early access to demos and betas etc...

Message 21 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Yeah I have my PS Plus membership set to auto renewal every 3 months.  As I understood it when I signed up as long as I kept my setting on auto renewal I would be allowed to play my downloaded PS Plus games for as long as it stays this way.  However, my first auto renewal happened the other day and many games are unplayable due to the licenses being expired.  I am going to call Sony about this, it has to be a fluke.  Otherwise it's highway robbery and I promise that I will never buy another product they make ever again.  If they don't renew the licenses they blatantly lied to me.  I spoke to a Sony rep on the phone about this before I purchased my 3 month sub because I was worried that it would just be a limited time gaming thing such as the Sega channel was back in the day.  Hope that they renew my licenses, I really like the PS Plus service.

Message 22 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5093 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Q: What happens when my PlayStation Plus subscription ends?

A: The content you have downloaded as part of your PlayStation Plus subscription at no charge is only accessible as long as you are an active subscriber. The exceptions are free themes and avatars, which you will continue to have access to, even if you are no longer a subscriber. Anything you have purchased (even if you purchased it at a discount) will remain available to you even if your subscription ends.

Q: My subscription expired, but I renewed it late. Will I get my content back?

A: Yes you will.

WELL SEE IF THEY STICK BY THAT PART

edit - that top part is from the original ps plus faq from the blog

edit twice - that is actually from the second blog where they first screwed us changing what we were getting - so now do we get a third FAQ???

Message 23 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1248 posts

Feb 4, 2011

weglarz - Please post an update after you talk to Sony.  I would not be surprised if Sony changed the T&Cs to say that if your subscription expires, you may not have access to previously downloaded free games.  It would make the autorenewal a joke because it will not renewal until your subscription expires.  In effect, you have to remember to renew a month (just to be safe) before your subscription expires, or Sony damn well better change the autorenewal to kick in a day or two before your Plus subscription expires.  What a PITA.

@jpb - I am not sure that Sony really follows what they post in the blog.  You remember back in the summer when they would always answer to any complaints with "Plus is an evolving service ..."

Message 24 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5093 posts

Feb 4, 2011

jcalvert wrote:

weglarz - Please post an update after you talk to Sony.  I would not be surprised if Sony changed the T&Cs to say that if your subscription expires, you may not have access to previously downloaded free games.  It would make the autorenewal a joke because it will not renewal until your subscription expires.  In effect, you have to remember to renew a month (just to be safe) before your subscription expires, or Sony damn well better change the autorenewal to kick in a day or two before your Plus subscription expires.  What a PITA.

@jpb - I am not sure that Sony really follows what they post in the blog.  You remember back in the summer when they would always answer to any complaints with "Plus is an evolving service ..."

lol i remember - BUT - i can see them changing the content - that is part of the service (as much as it p'd me off) It has always been said though that we can use all games we got as plus members even if our service stops then we restart

This would be the same as buying a ps3 for blu ray - and then a firmware update not letting us use the blu ray player.

i know im going to hear appels to oranges - but its not, its a part of the service we were told we had. the content can change - not the service

Message 25 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 6, 2011

"You will be able to use this item as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus subscriber."

If that is true, then if people are using Auto-Renew, it should count as the person REMAINING a PS + subscriber.

I think this will be interesting once users get past the 15 month mark.  If I will lose 15 months of content, don't expect me to resubscribe.

Playstation and co:  We backed up your service, and DENIED to other people that it was simply a "rental service".  From what I have heard from these users, you have just effectively made a collective bonus program into a bloddy rental program.

PS+ users are your HEAVY buyers.  If you want to make a profit from PSN like your President reportedly said will happen, then make your customers happy.  Don't ignore them and have your lackees say there is nothing to do about it, and that you just ripped them off.

Every moment that no official reply comes in, the closer your customer relations staff should get to being fired.  Their salaries can pay for the money developers will lose from us heavy buyers resenting the Playstation Store.  Great work!

Message 26 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5093 posts

Feb 6, 2011

very nicely put

Message 27 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 6, 2011

"This question is

Not Answered."

*cough* *cough*

Message 28 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4771 posts

Feb 8, 2011

I let my Plus membership expire a few weeks ago and all of my games were gone off the download list. I just renewed it and my download list instantly refreshed to show all of my previously downloaded content and it even put today's date as the original date. Not sure why it didn't work for you, unless it has to do with using a Plus voucher instead of buying it within the store. Good luck to those having issues.

Message 29 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1248 posts

Feb 8, 2011

spy, thanks for taking the time to confirm your experiences.  Much appreciated!

Message 30 of 89 (295 Views)
0 Likes