SIEA
1490 posts

Re: Games won't update expiration date after renewal for ps+

Sep 28, 2012

Starmark wrote:

Can anyone out there help me?  I am growing increasingly more exasperated with every attempt to learn about this problem.  This is from the Playstation Plus FAQ:

Q: What happens to the games I downloaded from the Instant Game Collection if I decide to not renew my membership?
A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection.

You can find the FAQ here: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2034

Also, I found this on this thread:

"Any games you download via PS+ will be accesible once you resubscribe after any lapse."

- morgan/mochuuu, SCEA PSN Team"

In direct contradiction, some PSN representatives over the phone tell me that I will never again access game content with my Plus account after the subscription ended for any amount of time.  And contradicting this, other PSN representatives over the phone tell me that they are fairly certain that I will be able to access game content if I buy a new subscription.

The only way I can find out who is telling the truth on my own is to purchase a new subscription.  If the result is unfavorable for game access, then I just lost $49.99.

My two main other issues (once I resolve the issue stated in these posts) are:  1.  The information during initial subscription purchase for Playstation Plus is ambiguous at best, misleading at worst.  2.  We are given no warning or notification that our subscription will expire.

I feel betrayed.  Does anyone have answers for me?  Even if you do not have evidence or proof for your answers, input from those experienced with similar situations would give me more to think about as I consider renewal.

I'll reach out to Customer Service to ensure they're supplied with the most up to date information. But yes, I can confirm that any content that you got with Plus will be right there when you join back up should your membership lapse. 

Message 81 of 89 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

Well, I have some retro games that expired on me while I had a subscription lapse in May (upgraded from 3 months to 1 year a few days late). They're still on my system if I remember right, and I'll try to see if they will still show up in my download list. I'll try to post my results in depth here within a few hours (ideally) or a few days.

Tired of getting disappointed? Lower your expectations. Smiley Wink
Message 82 of 89 (1,157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Hi,

I had a lapse of a couple of days (if memory serves me correctly) after my playstation plus account expired before I renewed.

All games downloaded during the forst three month subscription are now unavailable to me. I get an error message stating that content has expired.

As far as I understand any game downloaded as part of the instant game collection should be available to me as a playstation plus member, even if I have had a lapse between subscription periods.

Can anyone explain why my downloaded games are no longer available?

I'm a post modern vegetarian; I eat meat.. ironically.
Message 83 of 89 (657 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Is that isse same with my issue ?? 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus-Support/PS-Plus-Expired-and-renewed-but-old-...

anyone can help me fix that problem... please help me for PS PLUS game....

Message 84 of 89 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Re: Games won't update expiration date after renewal for PS+

Apr 3, 2014

That is really weird.

I have let my sub apse several times and sometimes for several months at a time as in 4-6 months.

Every time I resub all my expiration dates update every time.

Heck I even cancelled my 1yr of plus once and all the expiration dates stayed, lol.

anything you have ever downlaoded should be on the download list, also if you sign into the store on a pc you can get a list of all transactions ever on your account, if its not there I would think you were mistaken and perhaps downloaded to some other account?

That all I can say from my personal experiences anyway.

good luck.

Why not call sony support?  They should also have the same records.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 85 of 89 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 3, 2014

Oh and I been with plus since it started, havent found a single game yet that isnt accessable.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 86 of 89 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 4, 2014

I found this you might be interested in

Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded through a PlayStationPlus membership if I decide to not renew my membership?

A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with PlayStationPlus if you choose not to renew your membership. Any item you paid for is yours to keep. Once you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from Instant Game Collection.  

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 87 of 89 (504 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 23, 2014

Hey I have the real solution that will get your games back!!! ( ps4 tutorial only, Im sure it works for Ps3 aswell)

So after you renew your subcription follow these steps(this includes if you renewed late.)

1) Go to "Settings."

2)Go to "PSN"

3) Click on "Restore Licenses"

4) Enjoy your PS Plus titles once again!!

5)Release air from lungs in a sigh of relief!! 

There you go, You've DONE IT!! 

Message 88 of 89 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Apr 23, 2014

It says it clearly and gives you complete warning when you download any PS+ content that if you cancel your service or don't renew it that thos games will no longer be free IF those games have been removed from the IGC or if youpurchased something with a PS+ discount.

It suck that this happend to you. But its a mistake you will never make again because that's how they get you to keep paying for the subscription.

Message 89 of 89 (444 Views)
0 Likes