Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Games won't update expiration date after renewal for ps+

Jul 2, 2012
I have the same playstation plus problem. I just got $200 in psn cards and spent $50 of it on ps plus 1 year package. Now my InFAMOUS 2 is my only game that will expire when my 3 month package (which was still in affect) which is currently 6 days away from now (7/2/12) what do i do?! Plus, my other psn plus games have been updated on experation but not my InFAMOUS 2 which i like to play!
Message 71 of 89 (1,760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 3, 2012

take them to small claims court for the cost of every game that you lost plus the cost of your membership . you will win because they have it in writing. They will have to pay court cost too LOL!!!!

Message 72 of 89 (1,756 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 3, 2012

take them to small claims court for the cost of every game you lost

Message 73 of 89 (1,756 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 29, 2012

I have a question for anyone who can answer.  But first, a brief description of my problem...

My subscription to playstation plus ended a few hours ago as I write this.  I was logged in to PSN at the time.  Unaware of the imminent expiration, I am dumbfounded by the prospect that I will lose all of the "free" games I downloaded since my original subscription purchase.  After a heated phone conversation with psn support (and a supervisor), they made it clear to me that I have lost everything even if I renew my subscription today.  With no hope of playing my games, I will not throw my money away for another year of plus.  However, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I feel a slight twinge of optimism.  That is to say, I might be able to access the content from my recently expired subscription, assuming I purchase plus again with the same account.  This seems to contradict what the nice people on the phone told me.  And so here is my question:

If I purchase a new 1-year subscription today, then will I be able to access (without further expense) all or some of the free content I received over the course of my original subscription? 

Message 74 of 89 (1,683 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 29, 2012

A PSN rep just told me over the phone that he is 80% certain that I will be able to play or access all of the free content (including games that are not currently free) if I purchase a new subscription to plus.  I am increasingly confused about what I will or will not receive with a plus renewal.  This could have been avoided with a simple notification, either by email or PS3 login message, that my subscription would soon expire

Message 75 of 89 (1,673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 30, 2012

Can anyone out there help me?  I am growing increasingly more exasperated with every attempt to learn about this problem.  This is from the Playstation Plus FAQ:

Q: What happens to the games I downloaded from the Instant Game Collection if I decide to not renew my membership?
A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection.

You can find the FAQ here: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2034

Also, I found this on this thread:

"Any games you download via PS+ will be accesible once you resubscribe after any lapse."

- morgan/mochuuu, SCEA PSN Team"

In direct contradiction, some PSN representatives over the phone tell me that I will never again access game content with my Plus account after the subscription ended for any amount of time.  And contradicting this, other PSN representatives over the phone tell me that they are fairly certain that I will be able to access game content if I buy a new subscription.

The only way I can find out who is telling the truth on my own is to purchase a new subscription.  If the result is unfavorable for game access, then I just lost $49.99.

My two main other issues (once I resolve the issue stated in these posts) are:  1.  The information during initial subscription purchase for Playstation Plus is ambiguous at best, misleading at worst.  2.  We are given no warning or notification that our subscription will expire.

I feel betrayed.  Does anyone have answers for me?  Even if you do not have evidence or proof for your answers, input from those experienced with similar situations would give me more to think about as I consider renewal.

Message 76 of 89 (1,664 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Maybe I have posted in the wrong place.  If so, where might I find the answers I am looking for?  Please help.

Message 77 of 89 (1,644 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 8, 2012

I purchased a three month subscription to plus.  I can now access ALL content (including free games) that I had downloaded prior to my recent lapse in membership.  I downloaded some of these free games more than a year ago.  The expiration dates on the games updated once I played them.  No one responded to my questions here, so I took a risk by renewing.  My faith is only partially restored in this service.  They need to be clear on all the details in order to avoid future confusion and to also encourage customers to keep giving PSN their business.

Message 78 of 89 (1,616 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 26, 2012

If you backed up your games in the online storage, was that still accessible after the lapse? I ask because I had to restore my PS3 to factory system and lost a lot of saved game data. Thanks.

Message 79 of 89 (1,518 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29684 posts

Sep 26, 2012

PlayStation Plus is as you know a Subscription service, you can access anything you got for FREE through PS PLus ONLY while you are subscribed.

For some reason PlayStation Customer support has given you conflicting information.

ANYTHING you got for FREE is avaialble to you while you are subscribed, if you let you subscription lapse you will lose access to the FREE content but still be able to play games you got for a discount, once you renew you will be able to access the FREE content once again.

Avatars & Themese be they FREE or purchased are ALWAYS available to you whether you are subscibed or not.

Message 80 of 89 (1,511 Views)
0 Likes