Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
9 posts

Re: Games won't update expiration date after renewal for ps+

May 17, 2011

I would also like some clarification as to whether this is a bug or not. I signed up for 3 months of Plus, December 2010. About a month in, I decided I like the service and went ahead and jumped on the 1 year + 3 mos deal, which should extend me to around July 2012. I've just noticed that most of my free plus content from the first three months now does not work. CTR, all the minis, Lead & Gold are examples. Sam & Max eps 1-5, however, still work, and those were my very first plus freebies. What I'm worried about is, come summer 2012, even if I renew, will all my plus content up to that point stop working? Kind of a bummer if so, that would be enough to make me pass on re-subscribing - I don't mind being a plus member forever (I would pay every year), as long as I never lose any of the content that came with it. Please let us know if this has been logged as a bug and if it is being worked on ... It would be nice if I could at least get the stuff I lost in my download list when the store comes back up, I was GOING to get into Lead & Gold eventually, didn't know it had a clock ticking on it ...

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 17, 2011

here's another thought - you might want to prioritize this issue in light of the fact that all non-plus members are about to get a free 30 days. Imagine how this bug might play out:

- A user has never been on plus. They get 30 days with the Welcome Back program

- They download all the available content and decide they like the service within that 30 days

- They go ahead and purchase a proper subscription

- The original 30 days runs out, and all the content from that period of time stops working

result: very miffed customer. content they received less than a month ago has already stoppd working. you could probably save yourself a flood of customer support phone calls/emails by fixing this issue BEFORE re-launching the store ...

for now, I'm making sure to move anything free from plus to the top of my play list, as I know it is currently tied to the individual subscription period rather than the user's overall subscrioption, which doesn't seem right ...

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1474 posts

May 17, 2011

You should definitely have access to the content you received in your first phase as a Plus Subscriber. Check your PMs and I'll see what I can do for your case.

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

May 21, 2011

today my playstation plus subscription got extended because of the downtime and the expiration date on the games are still the same they dont reflect the new playstation plus expiration date

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Thank you mochuuu, it seems as if this issue has been resolved.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 14, 2011

yes mine are working too thank you.  sorry i got a lil sidetracked this last week.  heres a new question tho, now say in a year and a half my ps+ lapses ...say for a week or whatever before i get to resubscribe.  Will the ps+ games still be available on my download list like was originally stated in FAQ back at beginning of ps+ or are they gone forever as how support has been stating on the matter.  I just want to know for a fact which way it is supposed to work.  can anybody who has had this lapse matter arise chime in on whether or not your games are working again as well.

ps 1 last thing.  Could I get you to talk to someone about making a way to organize the download list?  mines going 800 strong and its a pain to root thru when i want to reinstall something.  like i would love to sort out the demos and add ons themes and avatars and games. 

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 14, 2011

sorry i meant my previous response to be in response to you and am just doing this to make sure it grabs your attention. 

Thank You Mochuuu

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1474 posts

Jun 14, 2011

Hey Timewalker,

Any games you download via PS+ will be accesible once you resubscribe after any lapse. If you have any documentation on being told otherwise, please forward to me. As always, if anyone is having a specific issue with getting support on this, please PM me. Thanks!

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7924 posts

Jul 25, 2011

I realize this is an older thread, but I figured out a way that updates the expiry date on PS+ content upon renewing/reinstating your PS+ subscription:

Go to your download list and find the title you need to update

Start downloading the content and give it a few seconds to 'activate' (this is the step that *should* update the expiry date)

Cancel the download (if the content in question is still installed on your PS3, otherwise, allow the content to finish downloading and installing)

Return to the games tab on the XMB and navigate to the game in question, press triangle and select 'Information'

The screen that pops up should indicate the new expiry date.

This process also works for 'minis' and PSOne titles on the PSP.

I've tested this with several titles that I had prior to the PSN outage and it worked for all of them to reflect the 60 day extension.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 29, 2011

For some reason the stuff I downloaded during my 30 day trail don't appear in my downloads list anymore though and I've no idea who I can contact for support on this, anyone have any idea who/where or any advice? I really would like burnout, james pond and the mini's i downloaded during the welcome back period to still work.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 89 (137 Views)
0 Likes