PlayStation MVP
829 posts

Re: Games won't update expiration date after renewal for ps+

Jan 26, 2011

Wow I thought I was going to get to start a new post but I see I am not alone. I had this happen when my first 3 months lapsed and understand but this happened again and I renewed for another 3 months before my last 3 months was up and this happened again. I tolally understand that it's your way to encourage people to not let their Plus subscription lapse but that wasn't the case this time.

Message 11 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5534 posts

Jan 26, 2011

Yes, this is definitely a problem and not how they said it would work.  From the plus FAQ (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/10/playstation-plus-faq/):

"Q: My subscription expired, but I renewed it late. Will I get my content back?

A: Yes you will."

Also, from the release day post (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/)

"Once downloaded, the games are yours to keep and play as long as you are a member of PlayStation Plus. If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe, the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them. Additionally, if you delete one of the titles from your PS3, but decide you want to get it back, then you can re-download from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store if the game is still there, or, if the game has expired from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store, you can simply search for it on PS Store and download it again at no extra cost."

It's not clear how it reactivates, but it should.

Message 12 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5109 posts

Jan 26, 2011

ummmmm they have told us in the past that blog post dont mean jack diddly or squat

this came from when they changed the monthly content we were suppose to get - there answer was that blog is not a terms of service. and they are not bound by it. so the will say the same this time

Message 13 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5534 posts

Jan 26, 2011

Well, I wasn't aware of them saying that the blog is meaningless, but of course legally it's true.  I was just quoting them on it since other people just stated what they understood/remembered.  In your own words, "if i remember right - they said that we could do this when plus started."

Message 14 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5109 posts

Jan 26, 2011

yeah if these forums were easy to navigate i would point you in the right direction of when a few of us went rounds with sony about that blog post - and there response - i ended up cancelling my scrip in frustration. then when i rejoinedi got everything back - so most likely a mistake now - BUT as big as a sony fanboy as i am - i dont see them correcting it - nor even addressing it, unless its another new post saying that we dont get stuff back - like they did about the monthly content

Message 15 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 27, 2011

Hopefully they will address this issue in the next firmware update

Message 16 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
492 posts

Jan 29, 2011

Sorry to hear this happen ... but, for what ever reason that's why the auto renew is set up. The year Sub is the way to go with auto-renew will insure you have your content ... when you try to access it.

photo 63a56823-df24-49e3-aa09-6e7340b5ff8a_zpsecaw8cqx.jpg
Message 17 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Feb 1, 2011

try re-downloading them

Also, lastly I just wanted to say that your really wasting your time reading this since it's my sig
Message 18 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 1, 2011

ok, another Tuesday going though the downloads; I remember this post. Here is the direct statement as you make playstation plus purchases:

This item is available as a free download for PlayStation Plus users. You will be able to use this item as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus subscriber. If the subscription ends, you will no longer be able to use this item... and continues on with add-ons. In the last sentence if the game is no longer usable because you are no longer a Playstation Plus subscriber, a separate purchase of the game will be required in order to use the add-on items you purchased.

This is real useful to know, but quickly becomes a nuisance after the 3 or 4 item you are getting for free. I know there is nothing about renewing the subscribing after a small lapse of time. Just putting the info out there as I come across it, sorry if it does not help you.

It is a pain to format your hard drive when the latest firmware bricks the machine. Auto-backup should be included in next firmware release.
Message 19 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 2, 2011

Interesting.  Sounds like Sony has changed the T&Cs, although to be honest, I only remember what they originally said in the various Plus details/posts, not the actual T&Cs.  Bottom line, if you let your subscription expire, even for one day, you run the risk of the previous free content going bye-bye.

Message 20 of 89 (582 Views)
0 Likes