Mar 02 2013
By: Saky_SJ_ny First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Games purchased with PS Plus discount

4 replies 174 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

Hi,

I have a question about play station plus, if I purchase a game that has a discount in PS Plus, will I still able to play it if I'm not Plus member anymore?

For example I buy Assassin's Creed III fo the discounted price of 34.99, instead of the full price, if I cancel my membership, will I still be able to play it?

And what about Free games, once my membership expires will I be able to play them?

thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: Games purchased with PS Plus discount

Mar 2, 2013

For the games with the discount, you will still keep them. Anything you put money into will be yours forever, like discounts. Being in Plus has a lot of good discounts.

Sadly, you can't keep the free games if you have no Plus. And when your membership ends, it will disappear from your downloading list. So either enjoy the games while they last or keep Plus as long as you can. Either way, have fun!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 5 (169 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Thanks! 

I'll keep it in mind Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Mar 2, 2013

What ossie said is true, however, do note that if you ever decide to subscribe again in the future, you will regain access to those free games you had access to before, you would have just missed out on the free games that came while you were unsubbed.

Message 4 of 5 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 5, 2013

has there been an answer on how we can possibly purchase a PLUS "free game" that goes on sale, after we have the "free version", take retro city rampage for example. It was a free plus game, so i have it now. But think it will be 50% off for plus users this week. What I want to do it pay for it, so if i decide down the line not to renew or sony stops supporting plus on ps3 someday. I'll still have a way to play it

Message 5 of 5 (89 Views)
0 Likes