VP of Gaming
28837 posts

Re: Games genres you hate...

Mar 23, 2013

I've never been crazy about role playing games. I tried Mass Effect, and the role playing aspect just bogged the game down, as well as that inane dialog wheel. What difference would it make if I selected what ever was on the wheel, or if I had him say "Your mother's a **bleep**, Trebek!". Come to think of it, that would be funnier.

Message 21 of 70 (1,449 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Lets see I just can't into fighting games, FPS games and JRPG's
Message 22 of 70 (1,447 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Mar 23, 2013

2D Fighters (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc.). I feel 3D fighters like Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive are just far superior in terms of tactics and variety.

Simulations - racing, flight, trains, etc.

Rhythm games - uch, they're awful to play and watch

Tactical Turn-based Strategy (aka. War games) - don't know if this genre exists on the consoles, but as a PC gamer, I just can't get into them.

I don't play much sports games or arcade racers (as opposed to racing sims), but don't necessarily hate them, they're just usually not worth my time.

Message 23 of 70 (1,445 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

First person shooters. Everyone (i know) who plays them (and just them) thinks they are so elite and good at every game. Ugh, I hate what they do to people. And IMO, they're not even fun. They all have the same basic multiplayer and story (though the newer CoDs have an 'okay' story) and basically (particularly refering to CoD at this point) is the same game every year.

Message 24 of 70 (1,442 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 23, 2013
@Mixe No, see, those are first person shooter, which is a shooter in first person. Uncharted, Gears of War, Ratchet and Clank, are all 3rd person shooters. Their not straight up 3rd person shooters(except Gears of War)but they have shooter mechanics, enough to be classified as 3rd person shooters, which fall into the shooter category.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 25 of 70 (1,398 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9543 posts

Mar 23, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
@Mixe No, see, those are first person shooter, which is a shooter in first person. Uncharted, Gears of War, Ratchet and Clank, are all 3rd person shooters. Their not straight up 3rd person shooters(except Gears of War)but they have shooter mechanics, enough to be classified as 3rd person shooters, which fall into the shooter category.

lol...  fine to be politicaly correct for YOU......   i dont like First Person Shooters....  aka  Call of Duty, Battlefield and so on.

Happy? Smiley Indifferent

Message 26 of 70 (1,215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 23, 2013
No, not yet, now stand on one foot and hop around saying "IM DUMBER THAN OZZ, IM DUMBER THAN OZZ!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 27 of 70 (866 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 23, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:

you can play silent hill homecoming 100% shooting all enemies using its shooting mechanic but it is not a shooting game even when you shoot so much

Message 28 of 70 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 23, 2013
@Des That's different...okay, maybe I went a little too far saying Uncharted is also a 3rd person shooter as well as an action adventure game, which, imo, it is, but saying Ratchet and Clank is not a 3rd person shooter is naive since the game centers around it's ridiculous amount of weapons and weapon upgrades for USING the weapons.

Message 29 of 70 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Yeah I agree, not a fan of shoots myself. There are some great 3rd person shooters though. I do love uncharted and ratchet and clank.
Message 30 of 70 (415 Views)
0 Likes