Feb 02 2014
By: DoggsChapman First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Games for both gens

[ Edited ]
4 replies 206 views Edited Feb 2, 2014

In my opinion, I believe that there are certain games that should be capable enough to handle themselves on the "old gen" PS3,XBOX360,etc... that are being released for the current gen PS4,XBOX ONE,...

The elder scrolls online is a big one to me. I myself was an enormous fan of The Elder Scrolls on the ps3 and was looking forward to the online mmo on the same console. Unfortunately no when I would think with the capabilites of the Skyrim, The elder scrolls online could run just fine on the ps3 and xbox 360 consoles.

For example other games have pushed the consoles limitations to the max such as gta 4 and 5 online and singleplayer,deadrising series,and the dying light game coming soon which is a baby of dead island and mirrors edge which will need quiet some power to run. Another game is Killzone shadowfall. I know that it has much more of an open world and graphics enhancemants but it runs like any of the previous titles in the franchise.I know people who would love a dumbed down version of the game for story purposes without having to watch someone else play it and experience it for themselves.

And last but not least, I really believe destiny could run on the ps3 and xbox. I know that the two companies have shared their line of problems with their earlier games on the consoles I am backing up, yet the two should be able to come together and make a slightly simpler and smoother version of Destiny for us who don't want to blow savings on another hunk of motherboard and wires. I'm sure the makers of Call of Duty and Halo can make Borderlands just fine for older consoles which ends my arguement here and I don't care if you disagree just move on but if you agree, thank you for getting my well made point.

--

AllWrappedUp edit: Broke up OP into paragraphs to make reading easier.

Meowstro edit: Updated thread label.  More information about Labels Best Practices in PS General.

Message 1 of 5 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2445 posts

Re: Games for both gens

Feb 2, 2014
I wish gran turismo 6 and gta 5 were on ps4.
Message 2 of 5 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
249 posts

Feb 2, 2014

DoggsChapman wrote:

In my opinion, I believe that there are certain games that should be capable enough to handle themselves on the "old gen" PS3,XBOX360,etc... that are being released for the current gen PS4,XBOX ONE,... The elder scrolls online is a big one to me. I myself was an enormous fan of The Elder Scrolls on the ps3 and was looking forward to the online mmo on the same console. Unfortunately no when I would think with the capabilites of the Skyrim, The elder scrolls online could run just fine on the ps3 and xbox 360 consoles. For example other games have pushed the consoles limitations to the max such as gta 4 and 5 online and singleplayer,deadrising series,and the dying light game coming soon which is a baby of dead island and mirrors edge which will need quiet some power to run. Another game is Killzone shadowfall. I know that it has much more of an open world and graphics enhancemants but it runs like any of the previous titles in the franchise. I know people who would love a dumbed down version of the game for story purposes without having to watch someone else play it and experience it for themselves. And last but not least, I really believe destiny could run on the ps3 and xbox. I know that the two companies have shared their line of problems with their earlier games on the consoles I am backing up, yet the two should be able to come together and make a slightly simpler and smoother version of Destiny for us who don't want to blow savings on another hunk of motherboard and wires. I'm sure the makers of Call of Duty and Halo can make Borderlands just fine for older consoles which ends my arguement here and I don't care if you disagree just move on but if you agree, thank you for getting my well made point.

The difference between what you think could happen and the reality of what that old hardware can run compared to the new systems is a pretty wide gap. They don't have to push things too far on the new systems before there is no chance at all of the old ones running it. A dumbed down version wouldn't even work due to the entire nature of the game engine as a whole. At some point you have to just accept that things have moved forward and if you want to experience a new level of gaming you're going to have to spring for the hardware to do it. It's time to move beyond the PS3 and 360. Just be thankful there are still a few games being made for both old and new consoles. But don't think for a second that some of these newer games that are designed for much better hardware are going to run on 7 year old hardware that wasn't all that great to begin with. 

Message 3 of 5 (185 Views)
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2014

DoggsChapman wrote:

In my opinion, I believe that there are certain games that should be capable enough to handle themselves on the "old gen" PS3,XBOX360,etc... that are being released for the current gen PS4,XBOX ONE,... The elder scrolls online is a big one to me. I myself was an enormous fan of The Elder Scrolls on the ps3 and was looking forward to the online mmo on the same console. Unfortunately no when I would think with the capabilites of the Skyrim, The elder scrolls online could run just fine on the ps3 and xbox 360 consoles. For example other games have pushed the consoles limitations to the max such as gta 4 and 5 online and singleplayer,deadrising series,and the dying light game coming soon which is a baby of dead island and mirrors edge which will need quiet some power to run.

Another game is Killzone shadowfall. I know that it has much more of an open world and graphics enhancemants but it runs like any of the previous titles in the franchise. I know people who would love a dumbed down version of the game for story purposes without having to watch someone else play it and experience it for themselves.

And last but not least, I really believe destiny could run on the ps3 and xbox. I know that the two companies have shared their line of problems with their earlier games on the consoles I am backing up, yet the two should be able to come together and make a slightly simpler and smoother version of Destiny for us who don't want to blow savings on another hunk of motherboard and wires. I'm sure the makers of Call of Duty and Halo can make Borderlands just fine for older consoles which ends my arguement here and I don't care if you disagree just move on but if you agree, thank you for getting my well made point.

OMG, a wall of text. Can you please break it up in paragraphs. But here I helpped you out a bit.

Anyways. I dont think ESO would work on last gen mainly cause they dont have the RAM to handle it. You got think about all the players and open world the system have to keep up with as well as any updates that the want to release in the future, they would have to make sure its compatible with both gens and that just holds the current gen consoles back.

Message 4 of 5 (168 Views)
Survivor
2703 posts

Feb 2, 2014

I'm pretty sure Destiny will be available for PS 3 and the 360.

Message 5 of 5 (161 Views)
0 Likes