Jun 06 2013
By: Assassin-Hero-22 First Son 3 posts

Games Updates

5 replies 141 views Edited Jun 6, 2013

Hi, about this topic I want to know why we have to update the game.

-sometimes I know that we have to update for fixing some games problems and that's ok but the updates are so big like the GT5 those updates are big and sometimes get stuck and you have to update from the beginning.

but the most annoying comes when the games has DLC the game or the company and update and the problem was even if you dont buy the DLC you have to install that big updates to keep playing online.

so my problem is that i have only 1mb of internet and the update takes so long.

So please correct this error from your future console and may you cant fix for this generation.

Message 1 of 6 (141 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Re: Games Updates

Jun 6, 2013
Updates are issued out by game developers, not Sony.
Some are to fix bugs. Some for game balancing. For DLC, you need an update or how else will your game recognize it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I Know sony doesn't send this updates but the thing is that sony can talk with the games developers to fix this problem.

'cause sometimes they send a huge updates for the games like for example

the last update for NFS MW is 2GB and I have to wait about 4 hours if doesn't get stuck.

So I think that kind of updated are related to modify the game 'cause the game has new dlc and the game needs to add new thing like cars, unlock other thing even if you or me doesn't buy the dlc. We have to install (dlc updated) but we have to pay for a thing that already have in our harddrive.

Sorry  for my English but I'm trying to learn...

Message 3 of 6 (115 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Assassin-Hero-22 wrote:

I Know sony doesn't send this updates but the thing is that sony can talk with the games developers to fix this problem.

'cause sometimes they send a huge updates for the games like for example

the last update for NFS MW is 2GB and I have to wait about 4 hours if doesn't get stuck.

So I think that kind of updated are related to modify the game 'cause the game has new dlc and the game needs to add new thing like cars, unlock other thing even if you or me doesn't buy the dlc. We have to install (dlc updated) but we have to pay for a thing that already have in our harddrive.

Sorry  for my English but I'm trying to learn...

No worries about your English.  Smiley Very Happy  Your posts are much clearer than many of those made by those who are native speakers of the language on here.  Keep at the learning!

Back on topic, I can understand your frustration in the size of so many of these game updates, especially if you have a slow internet connection.  A major problem that this movement into an "always connected" world is that not everybody on this planet is able to connect at high speeds.

That being said, the main reason why you always need to have the latest software version of the game you are playing is due to way that game servers are designed and run.  The software they use relies on all clients connected to that server to run the same version of the software.  This is so that when the game is running on your PS3, it will be able to understand the information that the server is sending back to it.  The larger updates for games like GT and NFS are, as you've already figured out, likely due to the new cars and other objects present in the game.  Every person who plays online needs to have that data on their system, even if they don't have the DLC, so that the cars can be displayed in game.  Otherwise, if you didn't have that data on your system and were playing online you'd have invisible racers showing up in your games and that would make things pretty messed up.  Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to say it, but there really isn't anything that can be done regarding this.  It's just one of the things we have to deal with in the modern era of videogames.  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Yea I spent 2 hours in just downloading and I stalling updates for GT5 last year. Then spent another 30-40 mins waiting for the game data to install from the GT5 disk itself. What garbage and a complete waste of time. Those updates were huge as hell and it wasn't a few but alot. I think about 9 updates that were almost 1gb each. Some were about 450mb but man I hate when these updates are so huge. I dont even know what they were for. Then after all that time I wasted on updating the game, I played the game for 30 mins and didn't even like it.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 5 of 6 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Jun 8, 2013

hey so in reply to the long waits for game updates via ps3, is there a way for one to dl the update on their computer and transfer it over to the system? im at a hotel and the internet is one that needs to be logged into everytime i use it, with that said my ps3 has frozen several times because of that logining in issue. appearantly this is an on going issue with ps3 but thats besides the point. i just wanna know if i can dl it and transfer it on over since my laptop is easier to access getting online than my ps3. Thanks in advance

Message 6 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes