Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Re: Gamer Fatigue?

Jan 9, 2013

Sometimes I go on Call of Duty binges and get burnt out for a few days, but no other game really does it to me. But I also don't play any other games 10-12 hours on my days off

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 11 of 17 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jan 9, 2013

TeAshimaDeVa wrote:

Sometimes I go on Call of Duty binges and get burnt out for a few days, but no other game really does it to me. But I also don't play any other games 10-12 hours on my days off

Holy crap! lol There's a young guy who works at my local EB Games who goes on 10-12 hour CoD sessions and is quite proud of it. I can't play anything for longer than 3 hours in one sitting and that will be broken into going outside for a cig every hour, take the dog out etc.

When I started playing this old MMORPG there were times when ungodly hours were spent in a day playing. You had to play a lot and often if you wanted to get your character strong. Leveling up took a long time, you have to train your skills which is completely time-based and at one point the death penalty was probably the most hardcore of it's time and even with the reduction in penalty since a past update it's still more severe than anything current I've heard of.

Before if you died you lost 10% of your total experience, 10% of your most used skills and magic level, you would drop your backpack and all it's contents so that player's could loot you and a 10% chance of dropping each piece of equipment you're wearing. You could buy an amulet and 5 blessings to reduce the penalty but then you're spending 100k.

Today the game sucks. The dev's have implemented too many WoW ideas and it's easy to level up. It took me 9 years on and off to reach level 204 with skills just under 100 and now people are doing that in 1 year or less.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 12 of 17 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jan 9, 2013

This happens to me alot, Im not sure why?

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 13 of 17 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Jan 9, 2013

^
no, neither does any one else since you have such a massive shelf of unopened games....

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 14 of 17 (68 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jan 10, 2013

i thought about this alot and realized its not fatigue, its the current gen of games.  when ps2 hit, games were original, unique, artistic and FUN.  most current gen games are multiplayer and are just soulless. there are some great games, but developers in my opinion went too big on the worlds and the stories suffered from it. 

im glad the indie scene is getting big with journey, walking dead and many others because I get more from those games than AAA big titles. 

they wouldnt dare take risks with new creative ip's today like they did in the older days.  few and far between. i play HD collections more than current gen. theres some gems like demons souls, catherine, walking dead, journey, limbo but i really cant think of alot more original games that came out for current gen that were unique or original.

thats just my opinion though.

I can play zelda, okami, resident evil 1-4, tomb raider, fatal frame, clock tower, paper mario over and over, most current gen i never even finish. i want to, but it feels empty

Equality for all
Message 15 of 17 (58 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jan 10, 2013

AriesSiren wrote:

i thought about this alot and realized its not fatigue, its the current gen of games.  when ps2 hit, games were original, unique, artistic and FUN.  most current gen games are multiplayer and are just soulless. there are some great games, but developers in my opinion went too big on the worlds and the stories suffered from it. 

im glad the indie scene is getting big with journey, walking dead and many others because I get more from those games than AAA big titles. 

they wouldnt dare take risks with new creative ip's today like they did in the older days.  few and far between. i play HD collections more than current gen. theres some gems like demons souls, catherine, walking dead, journey, limbo but i really cant think of alot more original games that came out for current gen that were unique or original.

thats just my opinion though.

I can play zelda, okami, resident evil 1-4, tomb raider, fatal frame, clock tower, paper mario over and over, most current gen i never even finish. i want to, but it feels empty

That's actually a really good point. I love buying games from PSN especially 2D sidescrollers. It's just refreshing to get away from all the current trends so to speak and go back to the roots of console gaming.

Speaking of Fatal Frame, that is the only game to ever legitimately freak me out. Still got my original copy and love it. It would be a real treat to see all 3 games reach PSN. I was really mad that Nintendo didn't bring FF4 over on the Wii but if Fatal Frame 5 gets created and comes to NA I will buy a Wii U just for that game alone.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 16 of 17 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jan 11, 2013

yeah im a digital buyer now, i rarely buy disc anymore. Limbo was incredible.  resident evil code veronica HD, beyond good and evil HD jak n daxter HD all these great games i realized arent full ps3 AAA disc games LOL.  im the biggest tomb raider fan and i cant get into underworld. i dont know what it is, this gen just lost something in the games. like the spirit is gone from alot of games. most are sandbox or shooters.

Oh Deadly Premonition is coming to ps3, this is the BEST game i have ever played. this is something everyone has to play. its open world but so much love and spirit went into this horror game

FYI  fatal frame is now owned by Nintendo. FF will never get on playstation again. they bought the IP a while back.   :smileysad: 

So yes, gamer fatigue is happening to alot of gamers. its not us, its the changing era and developers going in a different direction

Equality for all
Message 17 of 17 (44 Views)
0 Likes