Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Re: GameStop managers to receive PS4, seven games

Aug 27, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Is this maybe a "thank you" by Sony for GS promoting the PS4....
...you know... all those posts of GS employees asking people to get a PS4 over the X1??

It should be Game Stop thanking Sony.

It was Sony that single handedly saved their entire company, by insuring that their current business model of used games continues.

Be One With The Game.

Message 21 of 26 (112 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Lucky **bleep**.....

I do not care what anyone says I love my gamestop. Sure it is a bit of a ripoff but trust me, when they are gone where else will we go where we can let our gamer flags fly!

PSN ID: Uncle-Remus
1TB PS4 250gb PS3
PS Vita

Get your Portable ID!
Message 22 of 26 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5187 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Uncle-Remus wrote:

Lucky **bleep**.....

I do not care what anyone says I love my gamestop. Sure it is a bit of a ripoff but trust me, when they are gone where else will we go where we can let our gamer flags fly!

Exactly this. Gamestop has it's purpose. When I have the time and patience, I'll use Craigslist to sell my games. When I don't, I'll go to Gamestop. The convience is sometimes worth less profit.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 23 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Aug 27, 2013

I'm sure those gamestop people will have lot's of nights with their co-workers away from their store playing together on their PS4. 

Message 24 of 26 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Aug 27, 2013

That is pretty cool!

Message 25 of 26 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

Was a store manager at Gamestop for 5+ years (part of DS, PSP, N-Gage (LOL), XB360 Gamestop launch debacle, and the the nightmare that was the Wii launch haha), and yeah the perks for working there was pretty cool.  Still have some former friends who are still managing Gamestop stores and they were pretty stoked when I got a text from one of them.  That being said, while cool they are getting free consoles, there is no way in hell I would want to go back to working for that company.  I felt the selling practices were just too crooked for my tastes and the corporate side of things gets in the way of what the store is supposed to promote...having fun and talking, playing games.  

Besides the job I do now is well a "career" job that pays a hell of a lot more money, and I get to travel to different parts of the world which to me is a much better trade off than getting a free system in which I could just go buy anyway.  I'm not getting the next gen consoles though (but they are looking mighty impressive) b/c I'm cutting back on gaming expensives so PC is my choice going forward.  Playing next gen games right now (graphically) isn't a bad thing imo haha.

Message 26 of 26 (53 Views)
0 Likes