Jan 27 2012
By: Myke-Myke Hekseville Citizen 301 posts

GameStop Stores are receiving Demo Units!!!

12 replies 44 views Edited Jan 27, 2012

Just like the title reads, GameStop stores are receiving demo units. I recommend calling a location near you to verify that it is in their store and assembled.

After playing the Vita for awhile, I'm so sold on the Vita.  I already had it preordered w/o playing it. I even had plans on going to an Vita Hill Social Club in 2 weeks. The PS Vita is an incredible device.  These last few days are gonna suck after finally playing it.

First thing, the screen is huge but bright and vibrant.  I mean, outstanding!  Even though the system is tethered to a wall, it still feels very little.  Maybe even too light.  The D-pad/Face Buttons are small but still useable.  The Touchscreen and Touchpad are very responsive. The system is gloss which means it'll be a fingerprint magnet so I'll be getting a silicone cover for it as well.

There's a good amount of demos on the unit itself. I got to try out Escape Plan, Virtua Tennis 4, and a tad bit of Uncharted.

I cannot wait for Feb 15!!!  These last 19 days are gonna be brutal for me...

Message 1 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Re: GameStop Stores are receiving Demo Units!!!

Jan 27, 2012

I sure hope the gamestop near me has one set up. Would definitely like to go and try it out.

Message 2 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Possibly Best Buy too I'd imagine. This is great news.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 3 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Jan 27, 2012

I think Im just gonna wait until I get my own. It's like when an album leaks online. I never listen to it cause it will feel so much better hearing it for the first time after I buy it from the store.

--------PlayStation All-Stars Arena-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, updates & fun!
Message 4 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Still visit the social club if you're close enough.  Get to demo way more games and sit down while you're doing it lol

Message 5 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Do they give you a time limit? There is one I can get to by bus!

...My Hamster told me to!
Message 6 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Jan 27, 2012

No. There's no time limit but the demos are short.

It's still give you enough time though to play around and get comfortable w/ the Vita.

Message 7 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jan 27, 2012

i would love to get my hands on one i saw that the vita road trip is coming to my local costco but feb 15-22 and i aleady pre-ordered at best buy for the 15 but i might stop by to get my hands on some demos first

Message 8 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 27, 2012

I was just at my Gamestop yesterday.  I preordered my Vita last summer so I decided to go to make sure my preorder was still GTG.  Also, preordered my 32 card ( BTW you have to put 20 down )  The girl working said they were supposed to get a Vita for their store..but it wasn't here yet.  She had no more info on it.  I checked out the Vita section they had. kinda small.  Speaking of small..  OMG the game cases are twice as small as I thought they were...I'm actually kind of glad.  I decided to start a conversation about the Vita..After about 1 minute the conversation changed to her asking ME questions.  I advised her about Call of Duty and she had no idea it was announced for the Vita.  I hope she tells everybody she knows lol.  It was kind of funny because after our conversation she said that she was getting one now. Maybe I'll quit my career job and go work for Gamestop LOL!!  This forum is truly more up to date than anywhere!

I always laugh to myself when somebody comes up to me and says something like, " Hey, did you hear the Vita is coming out in 2012 and OMG it has dual analog sticks!!"   So 27 seconds ago.  

SERIOUSLY SONY, IT"S TIME TO SHOW OFF YOUR VITA!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 27, 2012

can anyone make a list of stores that have a vita

Message 10 of 13 (44 Views)
0 Likes