Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Re: GameStop May Not Do Midnight Release For PS4!!

Jul 11, 2013
It also depends on how many people pre order ps4 at your gamestop. My gamestop doesn't do midnight releases for ps exclusives bc I live in an area where most people have xboxs.
Message 31 of 76 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Oh mine is definitely doing one. They have 51 preorders at last count, more than enough.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 32 of 76 (924 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Even if you do preorder, there is still a chance of leaving without a ps4. Sony has set a preorder cap. Which means you might notget your console until January.

Message 33 of 76 (901 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 11, 2013

My gamestop better do one...There are hundreds of people here who ordered one.I remember at the midnight release of a CoD game there we like 200 people lined up,it was ridiculous.

Message 34 of 76 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Artfuldead wrote:

ColtsFanatic86 wrote:
He Hinted For safety issues

I get it, but still it's like the ppl there will already have their stuff either paid for or preordered so what do they really have to worry about? ppl outside trying to steal stuff? I guess, my gf and I always carry knives on us so idk, bring a weapon or something. Our plan is parked one of our vehs nearby earlier in the day then drive our other veh to the store so that way we're close by and can just throw it in the trunk and take off ^ ^

Where the hell do you live... Pakistan?!  I live near Detroit and don't even have these kinds of concerns.

Message 35 of 76 (894 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Teus wrote:

Artfuldead wrote:

I highly doubt that gamestop isn't going to do a midnight release, that would be a ridiculous move on their part. If they have midnight releases for stupid call of duty and halo games why wouldn't they have one for the next console?

it may not be in gamestops control.. primarily they can only do a midnight release if the mall that its in permits it..

if the mall managment says no.. then they got no choice..

and safty concerns is a major factor because the mall would be liable.

Most Gamestops aren't in malls (at least in Michigan).  Also, how is safety a bigger concern with a console release?  This whole thread is insane.

Message 36 of 76 (894 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11829 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Xepherys wrote:

Teus wrote:

Artfuldead wrote:

I highly doubt that gamestop isn't going to do a midnight release, that would be a ridiculous move on their part. If they have midnight releases for stupid call of duty and halo games why wouldn't they have one for the next console?

it may not be in gamestops control.. primarily they can only do a midnight release if the mall that its in permits it..

if the mall managment says no.. then they got no choice..

and safty concerns is a major factor because the mall would be liable.

Most Gamestops aren't in malls (at least in Michigan).  Also, how is safety a bigger concern with a console release?  This whole thread is insane.

havnt you heard what happened the last time a midnight release was done for a console launch?

and while its true thete are gamestops that isnt in malls but the lot its own is not owned but leased, much like a mall..  which also has a company which manages the lot..

>

Message 37 of 76 (887 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

I think it depends on the store / area. Not ALL GameStops will have a midnight release, but I'm sure most will.

I have 3 GameStop stores in my area. Then 2 others in about a 20 mile radius. (1 of which is in a mall.)

I wouldn't expect every single one of them to have a midnight launch for the PS4.

It depends on pre-sales for that particular store (if it's worth the payroll to have the midnight) and safety.

This applies for games too. Not every store has one for CoD.

TLoU was a highly anticipated game, yet the closest store to have a midnight was 20+ miles away from me.

So, I got a refund and just picked it up at Walmart after midnight.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 38 of 76 (867 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Jul 11, 2013

ColtsFanatic86 wrote:
Just went an purchased the last game ill Prob purchase for the PS3 before giving it to my son. I also put more down on my per order, an asked how the midnight release was gonna work an the manager said as of right now there is no word on wether they are even gonna do a midnight release.

He just doesnt want you to be another person in line at the midnight launch so he can take your place and get your PS4 hahahaha

Message 39 of 76 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Im sure the vast majority of gamestops will be open at midnight, it is a business and it has to compete with other businesses who will be open for the midnight launch.  Walmart definately will most are open anyways, best buy usually does it so i dont see any difference this time and with gamestop becoming less of a necessary business and trying to hold thier customers i dont see them pulling a MS oops i mean not opening at midnight and upsetting thier customers so they go somewhere else.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 40 of 76 (862 Views)
0 Likes