Reply
Sep 13 2012
By: Karahaut First Son 8 posts
Offline

Game share question

7 replies 301 views Edited Sep 13, 2012
Me and my little brother share the same PS3. I am hoping to buy Jet Set Radio for me and him to play, but since I am purchasing it on my account, will he still be able to play it? I noticed that he could play Persona 3 FES, even though I bought it on my account so does it still work that way?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/30/2010
Online
528 posts
 

Re: Game share question

Sep 13, 2012

Your little brother will be able to play it, as long as the account that purchased it is on that PS3 console.


Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (299 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
25947 posts
 

Re: Game share question

Sep 13, 2012

Karahaut wrote:
Me and my little brother share the same PS3. I am hoping to buy Jet Set Radio for me and him to play, but since I am purchasing it on my account, will he still be able to play it? I noticed that he could play Persona 3 FES, even though I bought it on my account so does it still work that way?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

 

Yes he will, so long as the purchasing account (your account) remains on the PS3, excluding Avatars he will have access to this & any other material on the PS3.


Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
129 posts
 

Re: Game share question

Sep 20, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Karahaut wrote:
Me and my little brother share the same PS3. I am hoping to buy Jet Set Radio for me and him to play, but since I am purchasing it on my account, will he still be able to play it? I noticed that he could play Persona 3 FES, even though I bought it on my account so does it still work that way?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

 

Yes he will, so long as the purchasing account (your account) remains on the PS3, excluding Avatars he will have access to this & any other material on the PS3.


 

What if I have two (2) PS3s, can I Game Share all materials on both systems with two other accounts (both are my kids, both PS3s have three accounts a piece, mine and my two kids)? I want to GameShare full games between me and my kids on my two (2) PS3s plus I'd liek to be able to Co-op on them too, is that possible?

 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
25947 posts
 

Re: Game share question

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

xtlc2003 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Karahaut wrote:
Me and my little brother share the same PS3. I am hoping to buy Jet Set Radio for me and him to play, but since I am purchasing it on my account, will he still be able to play it? I noticed that he could play Persona 3 FES, even though I bought it on my account so does it still work that way?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

 

Yes he will, so long as the purchasing account (your account) remains on the PS3, excluding Avatars he will have access to this & any other material on the PS3.


 

What if I have two (2) PS3s, can I Game Share all materials on both systems with two other accounts (both are my kids, both PS3s have three accounts a piece, mine and my two kids)? I want to GameShare full games between me and my kids on my two (2) PS3s plus I'd liek to be able to Co-op on them too, is that possible?

 


 

So long as the main account (yours) remains on the PS3 then yes, all other accounts on the same PS3 can use (share) that same material.

 

As for being able to co-op between the two PS3's, are you referring to playing the same game with your children between two different PS3's say in two different rooms?


Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
129 posts
 

Re: Game share question

Sep 21, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

xtlc2003 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Karahaut wrote:
Me and my little brother share the same PS3. I am hoping to buy Jet Set Radio for me and him to play, but since I am purchasing it on my account, will he still be able to play it? I noticed that he could play Persona 3 FES, even though I bought it on my account so does it still work that way?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

 

Yes he will, so long as the purchasing account (your account) remains on the PS3, excluding Avatars he will have access to this & any other material on the PS3.


 

What if I have two (2) PS3s, can I Game Share all materials on both systems with two other accounts (both are my kids, both PS3s have three accounts a piece, mine and my two kids)? I want to GameShare full games between me and my kids on my two (2) PS3s plus I'd liek to be able to Co-op on them too, is that possible?

 


 

So long as the main account (yours) remains on the PS3 then yes, all other accounts on the same PS3 can use (share) that same material.

 

As for being able to co-op between the two PS3's, are you referring to playing the same game with your children between two different PS3's say in two different rooms?


Yes. I had to buy two copies of Black Ops so me and my kids can play together, my kids splitscreen (going to get a passive 3D to get away from that) on one PS3 and I join them on the other, like a mini Clan :smileyhappy: We'll do that on Black Ops for Multiplayer and Zombies. I got back inot Video Games just recently so doing that with Black Ops didn't hurt so much as I bought both copies used but I'd liek to not have to wait for either a price drop nor a good used price to get games. But I want all of us to enjoy them together too and $120 for Borderlands_2 regardless of how good it is is just a little too steep for my pocket.

 

PS: I heard Borderlands and Borderlands_2 have awesome Co-op campaigns

 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/05/2012
Offline
194 posts
 

Re: Game share question

Sep 21, 2012
Borderlands is great co-op if you like zombies pickup Dead Island you can get the game of the year edition for 30 bucks and its a great open world zombie game with good co-op.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
129 posts
 

Re: Game share question

Sep 21, 2012

Really, how "adult" is it? I LOVE the whole Co-op thing but I'm not much into the online community, I don't really interact in much more than forums so I ask because there's a 99.9% chance any kind of campaign Co-op that I will be playing will be with my kids. PS: I could care less about fantasy gore and violence, even a little vulgairty is acceptable but what I don't like is all the sexual inuendo and over the top sexually (even if not too graphic) related material..... Sorry, just had to ask.

 

I wonder if Dead Island (Game of the Year Edition) is on the PSN, from the sounds of it Full game downloads may be the way for me to go since I play with my kids and we have two PS3s

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (220 Views)
Reply
0 Likes