Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Re: Game(s) you bought that you barely played...

Mar 22, 2013

I'd say Gran turismo 5, and Skyrim. Honestly I keep meaning to go back and finishing up Skyrim but It doesn't keep my attention span for that long I don't know why, Its not to boring I guess I just like the more pick up and play type games.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 21 of 32 (709 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I have an entire gaming library littered with unfinished games.

Just a few would be Oblivion, DarkSiders, Little Big Planet, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon Souls, Etc...

Since I no longer have my PS3 and switched to a Vita this year I have actually been finishing all of my games so far. 

I just keep my games all queued up now, so that even if I do buy a new game for the Vita, it just goes to the back of my gaming queue until I finish getting a platinum in the rest.

I have found that platinum trophies are a really good way to get me motivated to play through some games I wouldn't otherwise have any interest in.

This is probably why I hardly finished any PS3 games before, because as soon as a new one came out I just quit in the middle of my current game. (plus I didn't really care about the trophies till I got a Vita)

My most recent example is probably Gravity Rush.

I just couldn't get into this game until I was over 40% through the game, but getting the platinum motivated me to stick with it.

Message 22 of 32 (705 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Gran Turismo 5 for SURE. Got the game for $15 on black Friday. Got home and had like 9 huge updates to download and install. Then it it took about 30-45 mins to install game data to the PS3 from the disk. Finally got to play it after a few hours and after 20 mins I just hated the game. I guess I was looking for a racing game like need for speed, burnout, or anything other then race track related. Was the WORST purchase ever. But still sits on my shelf as its still part of my game collection.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 23 of 32 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9106 posts

Mar 22, 2013

White Knight Chronociles 2: it was just WKC1 all over for the most part.  Did not expect to be doing the exact same thing i did in WKC1 all over again in WKC2.

Most games now a days i buy tend to be downloadable games so i got a lot of stuff on my hdd that i just never really got into much or just never wanted to put real time into the game.  You could click on my sig and see what games i've barely touched for the most part.

Message 24 of 32 (685 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I also have a few Games... 

(Newer to Older)
1.) Classic Jet Set Radio HD Edition (It just didn't live up to Future & has too many Problems with it)... 
2.) Resident Evil 6 (Not Scary, Way Too Fast Passed, & Multi-Player Backs Out Your Screen)... 
3. Twisted Metal for PS3 (I hated the Concept & Online Play is still not Playable as far as I'm Aware Of)...
4.) Max Payn 3 (Multi-Player has ugly Character Desgin & Story Mode Blacks Out Your Screen)... 
5.) DC: Universe (No Upgrades To Costumes We Already Have or Nor Weapons Either in the Market Place)...
6.) Mortal Kombat: Sholin Monks for PS2 (I didn't Care for it, But it was Free Regaurdless)...
7.) Twisted Metal: Black (The Game moves way too fast on the PS3 for a PS2 Game, & looks Stretched Out in Wide Screen,
& looks Ugly, but it was Free as DLC for PS3 Regaurdless)
8.) .Hack/Sign for PS2 (I'm confused about how to Progress without any Monsters around to Level Up on)... 

There might be more, but as far as i'm concerned these were the Major ones... ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 25 of 32 (680 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Ps+ games: closure, darksiders (it got boring after a while since the story progresses so slowly), vanquish (RPGs are so much more enjoyable to me), LOTR battle for middle earth

Physical games: inFamous, inFamous 2 (came with my system, will get to them eventually but are not a big priority)

Games that I play a lot: PSASBR, Oblivion, Skyrim, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, NBA JAM On Fire Edition, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, The King of Fighters XIII, Darkstalkers Resurrection

As you can probably tell, I prefer RPGs and fighting games. GTA style games aren't really my sort of thing, but I'll get around to inFamous eventually. On my old ps3 I almost had a platinum in Assassin's Creed 2, but it got stolen when the only thing left to do was collect all of the feathers.
My PSN
Message 26 of 32 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Mar 22, 2013

You reminded me of another Game... 

Street Fighter 4 & Super Street Fighter 4... 

I own both for a reason I have no idea, lOl... 

1.) Graphix look like old school Ultimate Spider Man Graphix, & I hated those Graphix... 
2.) It's all Pixelated on a 1080P TV, you won't notice on a PC Monitor, but on a TV, it's horrible... 
3.) Seth Cheated in my Chun-Li Story Mode Fight in SF4... He beat me before the Round Started... 
4.) SSF4 was improved Performance wise, but Graphix was still horrible...

Few differences i've noticed between the two Games...
SF4     (Controls are harder to use but AI is easier to beat) 
SSF4   (Controls are easier to use but AI is harder to beat) 
SSF4A (I don't own, so I can't give any input on that Game, srry) 

-----------------------

Tekken 6 was also 720P on the PS3, but that Game didn't Suffer in either of those Catagories,
it had better Graphix, & better Performance, & above all, it even came with a Character Editor, too, ~_~ 

My only Problem was that Tekken 6, your not able to Save Costume Designs for each Character as a Separate Catagory from the Original Designs... It would of been nice if we could save at least 3 or 4 Different Designs for each Character... 
1.) Original Costumes... 
2.) Alternative Costumes... 
3.) Custom Costume 1... 
4.) Custom Costume 2... 
For each Character, would of been really nice, !^_^!

It's nice to be able to Play with Custom Costumes and all, it's just that i'd also like to be able to
Play using their Original Costumes as well... It's not like we can't Swap in & out, it's just that it would be a Pain to go back & forth so much, ~_~

Another reason for Tekken 6 is that Conquest Mode has horrible (Controller / Fight Stick) Controls for it, too...

I still Play these Games, just not as much as i'd of liked to be Playing them, ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 27 of 32 (522 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19284 posts

Mar 22, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Physical games: inFamous, inFamous 2 (came with my system, will get to them eventually but are not a big priority)

If you ever get time to get to play these games, I highly recommend you do so. These two games are amazing, albeit short lived after you complete both endings.

Message 28 of 32 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9106 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:

If you ever get time to get to play these games, I highly recommend you do so. These two games are amazing, albeit short lived after you complete both endings.

inFamous games are worth playing.  Got plats in both.  Cant wait for Second Son on PS4

Message 29 of 32 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19284 posts

Mar 22, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:

inFamous games are worth playing.  Got plats in both.  Cant wait for Second Son on PS4

I played the first game and absolutely loved it. Then I decided not to get the 2nd one, spoiled both endings for me, and now I have no urge to get it. Smiley Sad

I will definitely be looking forward to Second Son. Would be a great way to start off my PS4 game collection. Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 32 (55 Views)
0 Likes