Highlighted
Dec 19 2011
By: Arosyn First Son 1 posts

Game crashes to a black screen then to the ps3 menu..

2 replies 1459 views Edited Dec 19, 2011

As read in the title I've tried playing CoD4 today and 20 or so seconds after the game starts up the ps3 just quits the game, goes to a black screen, and then goes to the ps3 menu. I'm pretty sure the game isn't the problem as I played it the day before. And I tried every other I game I own and they work just fine. So has anyone had this occur? Any solutions to this irritating problem?

Message 1 of 3 (1,459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Game crashes to a black screen then to the ps3 menu..

Jan 29, 2012

I got the same problem with COD:MW2.  Don't restore your PS3 because it hasn't fixed the problem for anyone.....only option i've found is to send your PS3 in to SONY to get it fixed. Sign-out after signing-in and try playing. You just can't play it online.....the game seems to crash because your connecting to PSN.........at least that's whats been happening to me.

Message 2 of 3 (1,459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Game crashes to a black screen then to the ps3 menu..

Mar 27, 2012

i had that same issue, and so is a friend. i dont know what i did but for some reason its working now, i think i just cleaned off the disc(if anyone says the disc is to scratched theyre retarded, my disc is butchered but it works still) after that it just worked, i had deleted some games i had downloaded from psn between it not working and working but i doubt that has anything to do with it, but im not sure, i think if u just keep trying or maybe delete and reinstall game data although i never did that... im not sure what to do, sorry i cant help much but if u keep trying that it will eventualy work

Message 3 of 3 (1,459 Views)
0 Likes