Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Re: Game recommendations please

Feb 27, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

tekkn1kal wrote:

Exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.  Thank you very much.  Too funny as I had just looked up the info on both Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs and both did look very cool to me. 

Yeah, I figured you would like those as we seem to have similar gaming interests.

BTW, even though they suck, Go Cowboys! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 20 (152 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Feb 27, 2014
I can't recommend Ni No Kuni enough. It's easily one of my favorite RPGs. Also, Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite were both excellent. If you are looking for something on PS4, I just played through all of Outlast this past weekend and it was terrifying. A couple of friends came over and we took turns and made group decisions while playing the game at night with all of the lights off. We must have jumped clear out of our seats about a dozen or so times. The game is so haunting that it will stick with you, though.
Message 12 of 20 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Feb 27, 2014

tekkn1kal wrote:

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

tekkn1kal wrote:

Exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.  Thank you very much.  Too funny as I had just looked up the info on both Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs and both did look very cool to me. 

Yeah, I figured you would like those as we seem to have similar gaming interests.

BTW, even though they suck, Go Cowboys! Smiley Happy

Ha!  Nice.  I like your style.

Message 13 of 20 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Feb 27, 2014

You should check out Red Dead Redemption!

It is open world though, I do not know if you like that or not. But the setting is pretty unique and it has a great gameplay to it, with a whole lot of stuff to explore.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 14 of 20 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6422 posts

Feb 27, 2014

foofighter2634 wrote:

It is open world though, I do not know if you like that or not. But the setting is pretty unique and it has a great gameplay to it, with a whole lot of stuff to explore.

I agree. And I also recommend Grand Theft Auto V, Dead Space and Fallout 3.

Google+Google+Google+Google+Google+
Message 15 of 20 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Feb 27, 2014

foofighter2634 wrote:

Yup..played that on XBOX 360.  Definitely a solid game.

Message 16 of 20 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Feb 27, 2014

JRico_32 wrote:

foofighter2634 wrote:

I agree. And I also recommend Grand Theft Auto V, Dead Space and Fallout 3.

Never been a fan of the GTA series.  I played some of the first Deadspace and that was OK.

Message 17 of 20 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Feb 27, 2014

Yeah Darksiders is a cool series (though personally I actually liked 1 better). If you are a fan of Legend of Zelda, im sure you would like Darksiders.

Dead Space is really cool and can be freaky at sometimes. 1 and 2 were great, 3 is skipable if you ask me.

You can play Resident evil series RE1-4, Code Veronica by PSN) and 5-6 (both disc and PSN)

Red Dead Redemption is an awesome old west open world game

Fallout 3 and Vegas and elder scrolls Oblvion, Skyrim  are fun open world games as well

As another poster mentioned, sleeping dogs is actually a very cool game (I personally liked it over GTA) with very interesting story and amusing combat.

You can check the Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia series if you like playing with some agility (and if the game Thief sounds like your interest im sure you'd like these)

There is also Castlevania Lords of Shadows 1 (and 2) Devil may Cry and DmC (new version) as well dante's Inferno if you like god of war's gameplay

though hard, they are surprisnglyy fun, Demon and Dark Souls. Bosses and nemiesi n genreal can be a B! but it just feels great when you can take them out. also it's fun with friends if you would be intrested in backup (online play is optional). I suggest watching gameplay of these if they may be of your interest !

just about most of these games you can get under 20$ Smiley Wink

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 20 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Feb 28, 2014

tekkn1kal wrote:

Sleeping Dogs is another game that a lot of people missed. It's basically a mash-up of combat from the Arkham games set in a GTA like world, with a Hong Kong cinema backdrop. Awesome game even if you don't really like GTA style games a ton, just stay on the story path and it's like Batman but with a little bit of driving added in. One word of warning -- This game is "Just Cause 3" in a sense, but don't let that ruin your experience, because it is a very different experience. 

Found a copy of this on Craigs List for $10.  Just started playing it today.  This game is great.  Basically the martial arts version of GTA so far.

Message 19 of 20 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Re: Game Recommendations Please

Feb 28, 2014

Look for some remastered collections games like God of War, Ratchet and clank and Jak & Daxter 3 full games on on disk with many house of play time.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 20 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes