Jul 27 2013
By: AJHH-82860711 First Son 16 posts
Accepted Solution

Game Addiction

29 replies 325 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

Now I know very well I'm going to get alot slack for this massage, But game addiction is a very real problem, As much as people may not think so.

But the soltion to fix the problem is very simple you are not allowed to have more then one account,

To achive this the game cosole company always whats to know your name and address when sitting one up any way, so there for you can't start another one up, plus the bigger picture would be for the gming company to inforce a playing banned for limit of 2 hours per day but leaving you the option of the time when you would like to play the game. Then the game would save and shut itself down, now this future would only apply to games and not the movie fuction side.

now to fix any BS! My kids do not play their too young, I'm the gamer or I would not be writting this article, We all have that one person in our lives we just what them to step back for a minute an say hey look reality.

Message 1 of 30 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Re: Game Addiction

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

Gaming consoles have parental controls for a reason.

It's not a console manufacturer's responsibility to govern or control your children's playing habits.

For adults, it's the same responsibility.  That said, loved ones can get involved.

We do not need manufacturer-driven controls beyond what is already in place.

If this is about children: it's up to the parent.

If this is about an adult: it's up to the adult to take responsibility, and/or their loved ones to offer assistance in getting help.

In my opinion, there is no argument against this.  If you have children, take responsibility for them, and, when you grow up, take responsibility for yourself.

Addiction is serious, but, it's not up to Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo to control your habits.  It's up to you.

We're done here.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 30 (321 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Jul 27, 2013

better to be addictied to games than crack .... just saying

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 3 of 30 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1125 posts

Jul 27, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

better to be addictied to games than crack .... just saying

imao lol. i throught it better to be addicated to in game drinking like gta4 lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi game addicted can only be a problem if you to do what you do in the game in real life. excample gta games.

Message 4 of 30 (283 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28812 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

AJHH-82860711 wrote:

Now I know very well I'm going to get alot slack for this massage, But game addiction is a very real problem, As much as people may not think so.

But the soltion to fix the problem is very simple you are not allowed to have more then one account,

To achive this the game cosole company always whats to know your name and address when sitting one up any way, so there for you can't start another one up, plus the bigger picture would be for the gming company to inforce a playing banned for limit of 2 hours per day but leaving you the option of the time when you would like to play the game. Then the game would save and shut itself down, now this future would only apply to games and not the movie fuction side.

now to fix any BS! My kids do not play their too young, I'm the gamer or I would not be writting this article, We all have that one person in our lives we just what them to step back for a minute an say hey look reality.

Or you can set limits for your children, and you can have the discipline to set limits for yourself. It's not up to Sony to establish boundaries and impose limits for your children. It's up to the PARENTS. So be one.
Message 5 of 30 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Hi my name is b.... I have a problem.
Message 6 of 30 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Jul 27, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

AJHH-82860711 wrote:

Or you can set limits for your children, and you can have the discipline to set limits for yourself. It's not up to Sony to establish boundaries and impose limits for your children. It's up to the PARENTS. So be one.

Yup. I don't know why anyone would let a kid under 13 have a computer or TV in their bedroom. That's just asking for trouble.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 7 of 30 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Yes, video game addiction exists, just like addiction exist for anything else. (Booze, Drugs, Nicotine, Caffeine, Sex -- even the internet!)

But, you can still be a functioning addict. Smiley Tongue Moderation is the key.

Sure, some are way worse than others, but when your addiction(s) effect your personal life -- or those around you -- you really need to take a step back and look in the mirror.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 8 of 30 (186 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 27, 2013
You do know gaming is not as bad as people let on for kids, right?

Its actually good for them. Just make sure they have a time in the day to get up and run around.
Message 9 of 30 (183 Views)
MVP Support
13794 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Too much gaming can be an addiction if played excessively. It's not Sony's, Microsoft's, or Nintendo's job to monitor and govern a gamer's habits, it's you. There's already parental controls in place of every gaming console and it's up to you to utilize them properly.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 10 of 30 (177 Views)
0 Likes