Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 21 2013
By: AJHH-82860711 First Son 16 posts
Accepted Solution

Gaikai service's and storage

22 replies 326 views Edited Jul 21, 2013

Gaikai service's what does this mean for games already bought and stored on the server PS3 games etc., Because I was wondering will Gaikai be a paid service? if "YES" does that mean I have to pay for games that I already own as digital versions to download them again if I choose to uninstall them at some point, and will the ps3 disc game work on the ps4 because all I've been hearing is Backwards Compatible though Gaikai service only.

Last thing will the PS4 support external hard drive suppost because a 500 GB drive just isn't big enough when most game's at high graphic content are at best 40 GB in size

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (326 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28968 posts

Re: Gaikai service's and storage

Jul 21, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

AJHH-82860711 wrote:

Gaikai service's what does this mean for games already bought and stored on the server PS3 games etc., Because I was wondering will Gaikai be a paid service? if "YES" does that mean I have to pay for games that I already own as digital versions to download them again if I choose to uninstall them at some point, and will the ps3 disc game work on the ps4 because all I've been hearing is Backwards Compatible though Gaikai service only.

The PS4 is not B/C with the PS4, so no, PS3 discs will not work in the PS4, some PS1/2/3 games will be able to be streamed to the PS4 via Gaikai.

I'm not sure about Gaikai being a paid service but you will need a PlayStation Plus Subscription (currently ($49.99 a year) to be able to play online with the majority of games.

Last thing will the PS4 support external hard drive suppost because a 500 GB drive just isn't big enough when most game's at high graphic content are at best 40 GB in size

You'll be able to swap your HDD just as you can in the PS3 now.

Hope this helped!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (323 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 21, 2013

Through Gaikai's service you will NOT be downloading these games AT ALL. It's all STREAMING. You're playing the game remotely on a server over the internet basically. As such you will want a very good internet connection. So no storage necessary.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 21, 2013

HDD drive if read the spec's it say's the hard drive is built in which means it's not removable

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (318 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12007 posts

Jul 21, 2013
They have confirmed you can swap it out. Built in means nothing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (314 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28968 posts

Jul 21, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Built in just means it comes with it, it is swappable, trust us.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (310 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Jul 21, 2013

so if the Gaikai service is coming to the ps3 and ps4 does this mean that some how all the disc based games I own will some how be licenced to be already to play them from the cloud? or to i upload them to the cloud?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 21, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Built in just means it comes with it, it is swappable, trust us.

BRIT-KO

And if you can't take it from us, please go to twitter.com/yosp. This is Shuhei Yoshida's twitter. He is a great guy and will answer any questions you might have.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (304 Views)
VP of Gaming
28968 posts

Jul 21, 2013

AJHH-82860711 wrote:

so if the Gaikai service is coming to the ps3 and ps4 does this mean that some how all the disc based games I own will some how be licenced to be already to play them from the cloud? or to i upload them to the cloud?

Gaikai is a streaming service for the PS4, not the PS3, at least I don't think it's for the PS3, the disc games you own will only be playable on the PS3, not the PS4, Gaikai will allow for some PS1/2/3 games to be streamed to the PS4.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 21, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

AJHH-82860711 wrote:

Gaikai is a streaming service for the PS4, not the PS3, at least I don't think it's for the PS3, the disc games you own will only be playable on the PS3, not the PS4, Gaikai will allow for some PS1/2/3 games to be streamed to the PS4.

BRIT-KO

It is in fact coming to PS3 as well, at the same time it rolls over for PS4. And it will ALSO roll out for Vita as well at a later date.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (264 Views)