Fender Bender
3872 posts

Re: GTAV microtransactions for online...

Sep 27, 2013

kythunder wrote:

jarocc74 wrote:

In the future I will not be purchasing any games that allows people to get a advantage buy buying upgrades. If they all go greed I'm selling my ps4, because when you take something that's meant for fun and try to make a money racket out of it, it's no longer worth it.

i feel the same way but see the thing about GTA V was they never said anything about it until they made a billion on the game first.

That was not a billion doallors in profit though. Sales totals and profits are two different things.

Like others have pointed out, there is a ranking system that locks stuff until you have the rank to purchase it with the in game money. There is no "greed" here. If you don't want to put the work in to earn money, then you have he option of buying the money. If all of the money they earn can help produce GTA VI, then let them have at it. Heck, I might buy at least one "moneypack" the show my continued support for the devs.

Message 61 of 74 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16065 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Its $750million in profit.... the game took $250million to make.

total REVENUE broke $1billion

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 62 of 74 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 27, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Now subtract the payout for the staff, the royalties for artists,  continued development for GTA:smileysurprised: and the servers that run 24/7, and the fact they will be working on more games for next-gen...

Message 63 of 74 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 27, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

So i would figure by now they have probably made at least a billion in profit as the billion came just within 72 hours,but i was just stating to everyone these things should be transparent when you buy a game not after the fact,but i will still play it just the same,i will never buy anything in game with real money but i still feel it's unfair and everyone should have to earn it the same without taking shortcuts.

i guess it's just the way it is but it does show greed no matter what anyone says and if it was because they needed money to keep support i would have rather it be where everyone pays a game subscription fee of 5 bucks or month or something other than giving people an advantage,something like that i  wouldn't have an issue with whatsoever.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 64 of 74 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Blazeking wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Now subtract the payout for the staff, the royalties for artists,  continued development for GTA:smileysurprised: and the servers that run 24/7, and the fact they will be working on more games for next-gen...

what a joke,they are making plenty of profit no need to defend them..

Message 65 of 74 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3569 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Better than a $15 per month subscription fee.

Message 66 of 74 (119 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 27, 2013

userusb wrote:

That wouldn't bother me,at least then it's all fair across the board but they already know overall by using this system they will make more money than doing that.

Message 67 of 74 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2300 posts

Sep 28, 2013

kythunder wrote:

userusb wrote:

That wouldn't bother me,at least then it's all fair across the board but they already know overall by using this system they will make more money than doing that.

If I can only play an hour a week and have expendable income, why is a problem if buy a little extra in game cash? I may not be able to spend a few hours each day performing bank heists and street races to earn money. how is that fair to me?

Even if I bought $1 billion in game cash, I still wouldn't have access to everything unless I ranked up.

Message 68 of 74 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5472 posts

Sep 28, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

Even if I bought $1 billion in game cash, I still wouldn't have access to everything unless I ranked up.

Exactly.  Of all the possibilities that the term "microtransactions" conjures up, the fact is that it's a quite fair system, and in no way imbalances play.  For example, what if I levelled up, but my money wasn't caught up to the price of an item I qualif for?  Having the option to get that item at the time I earned it is worth it for me.  That's not cheating - that's convenience.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 69 of 74 (101 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26175 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

kythunder wrote:

userusb wrote:

Let's do the math;

$15 a month

x12 months

= 180.

So you'd be fine with a subscription that would after one year cost TRIPLE what you orignially paid for the game, rather than picking and choosing what ever downloads you could buy for, say a couple bucks each, or none at all if you choose? Now some might say "but... it's the principle", to which I say screw "principles", I'm hanging on to my hundred eighty bucks! I'm buying some bling!

Message 70 of 74 (88 Views)