Fender Bender
3799 posts

Re: GTAV microtransactions for online...

Sep 26, 2013

As long as it's not pay 2 win, then I don't care.

Message 41 of 74 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

I have been glued to GTA5 and all the news and updates about the game since last tuesday....

Where does it say that microstranactions have ANYTHING to do with actual gameplay advantage with online multiplayer?

The ONLY thing I am positive of, is that the ONLY current microtransaction is buying more in-game money. 
Something that you can do WITHOUT spending real money, if you actually play enough of the game to make a large amount of money.

Just like Dead Space 3, the microtransactions are OPTIONAL and DO NOT affect the gameplay. Matter of face, in DS3 all of the microtransaction items can be obtained through regular gameplay without spending a DIME.

I am pretty sure GTA5 is also going to be similar.

And as with this microtransaction of a game like free-to-play games, you don't have spend any money at all to enjoy the game or improve. You can gain access to everything using actual SKILL. 

Aside from spending a few REAL dollars to have a few million for in-game cash, the only other part about the microtransactions that are nothing to worry about, is buying some more weapons. 
If you have the game, and went into ammunation.... on the wall there are like 10-20 extra spaces for different weapons. Which are selectable, but theres nothing there. Aside from this, I don't see how anything else would be much of a microtransaction, any more than you can consider it DLC.
Which does not change the way the game is played for anyone for much of any improvement no matter how slight it may be.

This is a game that is going to be very active for the next 2 years or more, if GTA4 is anything to go by. Lots of people still play it on consoles and PC and thats a 4 year old game.
Which means if the game EVER gets stale for you, and you want to check out some extra content for a few bucks.... spend $5 for a weapon pack and a few million bucks and see what happens.

I have no problems with microtransactions in a game if they do not give an advantage over someone who does not spend real money for a game and not required just to be on a level playing field.

So tell me, what about the microtransactions would even potentially give someone an advantage over others who wouldn't otherwise buy, that ISN'T easily obtainable in-game?

As for the smarphone app tie-in.... it is only complemental to the game and not a requirement AT ALL to get a better experience.
I use an old iphone 3GS that I use as my MP3 player now since I don't need a smartphone in my life. I tried the GTA5 iFruit app.... Wow.... you can modify the cars you already own in your garage and take care of Franklin's dog, Chop.

As well as look at your in-game stats and other useless crap that doesn't at all change the gameplay like LifeInvader - ooh I bet that one somehow changes how I use facebook.
I used it for like 2 days and let my 3GS' battery die... thats how imporant some app is to the game. Like most other app tie-in for a video game.

As far as I know, everything Rockstar is releasing for GTA5Smiley Surprisednline is FREE. 
With DLC following MUCH later.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 42 of 74 (133 Views)
Message 43 of 74 (127 Views)
Fender Bender
3116 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Message 44 of 74 (119 Views)
MVP Support
13558 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Exactly.

And if you read the article Plymco posted, it's obvious that all you do is get stuff a bit SOONER.

But you can get the stuff in-game.

And you can always just rob another player.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 74 (118 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Microtransactions   http://bhdclan.enjin.com/forum/m/5664801/viewthread/5731137-grand-theft-auto-v-infomation/page/15

If you can't access our site try this link instead  http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/09/25/rockstar-reveals-discusses-grand-theft-auto-on...

So, aside from in-game money, there is no other microtransaction.... Just like I said.

And you can make money the old fashioned way without spending real money, by playing the game....

So being able to buy something SOONER than someone else doesn't mean anything. It just shows to others that you have money to throw away like that, and have to compensate for lack of skill.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 46 of 74 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Games are more fun when everyone has to start from the ground up and after reading several threads and even the one Pilgram put up,nobody wants this and you would think R* would listen to people but they know there's many people who suck at games and will spend mass amounts of money so they can start off with a couple billion....this just shows corporate greed.

also thought it was funny that a lot of people say they will just rob these people but people that buy money with real money will be deposited into a atm automatically,they won't have to worry about someone jacking it..lol

another thing i am wondering,is how does buying properties work,if someone else ownes it then you can't correct?

i would think not or you could end up in a game where more than one person owns the same property..this tells me that all the good ones will be bought up day one.

i could go on but seems like most (not all) people here don't care or just come off with a smart **bleep** comment..

like i said i love the game  and can't wait to try out the online,i just don't think it will be fair but i guess we will wait and see and hopefully me and thousands of other people are wrong..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 47 of 74 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Sep 26, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Games are more fun when everyone has to start from the ground up and after reading several threads and even the one Pilgram put up,nobody wants this and you would think R* would listen to people but they know there's many people who suck at games and will spend mass amounts of money so they can start off with a couple billion....this just shows corporate greed.

also thought it was funny that a lot of people say they will just rob these people but people that buy money with real money will be deposited into a atm automatically,they won't have to worry about someone jacking it..lol

another thing i am wondering,is how does buying properties work,if someone else ownes it then you can't correct?

i would think not or you could end up in a game where more than one person owns the same property..this tells me that all the good ones will be bought up day one.

i could go on but seems like most (not all) people here don't care or just come off with a smart **bleep** comment..

like i said i love the game  and can't wait to try out the online,i just don't think it will be fair but i guess we will wait and see and hopefully me and thousands of other people are wrong..

Businesses aren't not-for-profit charities.  If you think that developers only want to make things "swell" for people, you sir need to have a mental evaluation.  Developers NEVER were in the business just to be swell people and make games for people.  Their primary goal was to make money.

Message 48 of 74 (132 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5153 posts

Sep 26, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Some people work and have families and don't have much time to play games, but they do have expendable income. 

Other people have no family and plenty of time to play GTAV and obtain millions of dollars.

You are overreacting to something that hasn't even happened yet. Wait and see how the online portion is before freaking out.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 49 of 74 (128 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 26, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

kythunder wrote:

Some people work and have families and don't have much time to play games, but they do have expendable income. 

Other people have no family and plenty of time to play GTAV and obtain millions of dollars.

You are overreacting to something that hasn't even happened yet. Wait and see how the online portion is before freaking out.

you are correct,i can't sit and play the game 15 hours a day as i work,do things around the house,bang the wife and take care of my kids,but i still won't spend money on a game that i just paid 60 bucks to play,it should be fair and square to everyone that plays and i am not "freaking out" just because i bring up the topic,i could easily spend money on the game without hurting myself financially but i never have and i never will....it's idiots that do that keep companies doing this and it almost always ruins the game...history proves this..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 50 of 74 (124 Views)
0 Likes