Sep 25 2013
By: kythunder Fender Bender 3105 posts

GTAV microtransactions for online...

73 replies 350 views Edited Sep 25, 2013

I am pretty disappointed about this myself,this will put a clear dis-advantage to people who won't spend real money for fake junk..

not only did they decieve people with the smartphone apps but now this,i think this falls in line of false advertising,there's nothing on my game case that states i need a smartphone to get full benefit of the game and there was never any talk about real money for online items.

i have always liked all of R*'s games but if i knew then what i know now i would have just waited for the PC version for free and did the story and been done with it,as i bought it for mainly online play but it's not going to be fair just like every other game that has had these transactions in them,you would have thought they would have learned something but i guess greed got in the way.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 1 of 74 (350 Views)
MVP Support
5158 posts

Re: GTAV microtransactions for online...

Sep 25, 2013

kythunder wrote:

I am pretty disappointed about this myself,this will put a clear dis-advantage to people who won't spend real money for fake junk..

If it's junk than why do you really cre about it?

not only did they decieve people with the smartphone apps but now this,i think this falls in line of false advertising,there's nothing on my game case that states i need a smartphone to get full benefit of the game and there was never any talk about real money for online items.

The smartphone app doesn't limit your gameplay. It only gives an option to customize your car, and train your dog. 

i have always liked all of R*'s games but if i knew then what i know now i would have just waited for the PC version for free and did the story and been done with it,as i bought it for mainly online play but it's not going to be fair just like every other game that has had these transactions in them,you would have thought they would have learned something but i guess greed got in the way.

Free? Were planning on pirating the game? They have not detailed exactly what the microtransactions will. If it's different skins and clothes, how does that create a disadvantage. How about you wait until more information is rlease before jumping the gun?

Following the release of GTA Online, here’s what Rockstar is currently planning to bring out in the next few weeks, with everything free of charge:

• The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.
  • The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.
  • Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.
  • Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.

Source

Rockstar is planning on expanding and supporting the online portion. How do expect them to continue to do that with a continued revue stream?

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 2 of 74 (319 Views)
MVP Support
10871 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Sadly, microtransactions are the future of gaming.  You can thank Apple's App Store and Google Play for that.  There are literally thousands of apps between the two mobile stores that are completely supported by in-game purchases of virtual items and power-ups.

Ideally, this system works with games that are otherwise free to download and play.  The further development and support for the game being paid for by in-game purchases.

That R* is doing this with GTA V is pretty disappointing, considering you already paid $60 for the game, and will probably delay my purchase of such for the foreseeable future.

Message 3 of 74 (318 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10871 posts

Sep 25, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

Rockstar is planning on expanding and supporting the online portion. How do expect them to continue to do that with a continued revue stream?

Continued revenue stream = DLC map, weapon and vehicle packs, not spending real cash on a virtual designer necktie.  If you want to spend real cash on virtual clothes, you can already do that in PS Home... Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 74 (311 Views)
MVP Support
5158 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Continued revenue stream = DLC map, weapon and vehicle packs, not spending real cash on a virtual designer necktie.  If you want to spend real cash on virtual clothes, you can already do that in PS Home... Smiley Tongue

IMO, paid maps and missions seperate the user base. I would much rather see people  running around with designer neckties while playing a new free dlc map.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 5 of 74 (308 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 25, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Sadly, microtransactions are the future of gaming.  You can thank Apple's App Store and Google Play for that.  There are literally thousands of apps between the two mobile stores that are completely supported by in-game purchases of virtual items and power-ups.

Ideally, this system works with games that are otherwise free to download and play.  The further development and support for the game being paid for by in-game purchases.

That R* is doing this with GTA V is pretty disappointing, considering you already paid $60 for the game, and will probably delay my purchase of such for the foreseeable future.

these things have always ruined online for so many games and i can't believe R* didn't research this first...

Message 6 of 74 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 25, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

kythunder wrote:

If it's junk than why do you really cre about it?

The smartphone app doesn't limit your gameplay. It only gives an option to customize your car, and train your dog. 

Free? Were planning on pirating the game? They have not detailed exactly what the microtransactions will. If it's different skins and clothes, how does that create a disadvantage. How about you wait until more information is rlease before jumping the gun?

Following the release of GTA Online, here’s what Rockstar is currently planning to bring out in the next few weeks, with everything free of charge:

• The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.
  • The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.
  • Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.
  • Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.

Source

i paid 60 bucks for the game so i should still get to train my dog and customize my car without a smartphone...i was clearly deceived in my purchase and there is nothing anyone can say or prove me wrong and having to spend real money we wouldn't even know about till online goes online but someone probed the site and now R* has to talk about it..Deception is all it is and it can't be refuted.

Message 7 of 74 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Sep 25, 2013
I have no issue with micro transactions for single player stuff but online is where I draw the line. Being better at a game shouldnt be determined by wallet size.
Message 8 of 74 (302 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Litsa_Kardassis wrote:
I have no issue with micro transactions for single player stuff but online is where I draw the line. Being better at a game shouldnt be determined by wallet size.

Exactly...every game that has ever had this in online is ruined and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Message 9 of 74 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1408 posts

Sep 25, 2013
i kinda hate that R* did this it takes the fun outta making money to buy stuff i spent $67 on the game i was welling to buy a R* pass for $30 if they released one but im not going to buy ingame money i find its stupid. ill just save my money for bf4 premium and tlou dlc
Message 10 of 74 (297 Views)
0 Likes