Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
48571 posts

Re: GTAV microtransactions for online...

Sep 26, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 74 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
871 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Hi folks,

I cleaned this up a bit. Please focus on discussion of microtransactions and be respectful of each other.

Thanks very much!
--Emmental-er
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 74 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Sep 27, 2013

It isn't a bad thing to have this ability to buy money. Its a darn choice. Yeah, people will have this purchased, and buy the weapons, but only when they are at the level for it. Just use your skill to kill. It isn't hard. Its just like starting against higher level guys. It doesn't matter what you or the other party has, it is how you use it. If you are going to go ahead and complain about it, then just don't go online, or only play with a select group. It isn't hard..

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 74 (110 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Sep 27, 2013

But I can say, it is unfair about not being able to use some features, in game, that are accessible only buy iFruit app. They should really atleast integrate it into the social club website, or make a PC app, so everyone can practically use it. If they want the "remote" part of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 74 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Sep 27, 2013

In the future I will not be purchasing any games that allows people to get a advantage buy buying upgrades. If they all go greed I'm selling my ps4, because when you take something that's meant for fun and try to make a money racket out of it, it's no longer worth it.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 74 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 27, 2013

jarocc74 wrote:

In the future I will not be purchasing any games that allows people to get a advantage buy buying upgrades. If they all go greed I'm selling my ps4, because when you take something that's meant for fun and try to make a money racket out of it, it's no longer worth it.

i feel the same way but see the thing about GTA V was they never said anything about it until they made a billion on the game first.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 74 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Sep 27, 2013

jarocc74 wrote:

The iFruit app is free, and there is nothing in it that gives anyone an advantage in GTA5.

There is nothing that I have seen in GTA5 Online that has been announced that gives anyone an advantage over anyone else.

I don't understand how people can't yet see this..... wow.... so you spend $5 for a few million in in-game cash.... there is nothing special in the game that separates people between those who will pay money to those who earn it in the game.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 74 (88 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12049 posts

Sep 27, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

jarocc74 wrote:

The iFruit app is free, and there is nothing in it that gives anyone an advantage in GTA5.

There is nothing that I have seen in GTA5 Online that has been announced that gives anyone an advantage over anyone else.

I don't understand how people can't yet see this..... wow.... so you spend $5 for a few million in in-game cash.... there is nothing special in the game that separates people between those who will pay money to those who earn it in the game.

Yeah, just read the post here:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.htm...

Reputation and Cash Flow: Reputation is earned from all your online exploits in everything you do in GTA Online – and will help you rank up, providing access to new features, weapons and criminal contacts. Spend cash you’ve gained on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armored cars, winning street races, doing stick-ups or a host of other cash-making endeavors – or if you’re the completely instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the in-game Store. The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don’t have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker. The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 74 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Sep 27, 2013

According to what I heard theres a rank system in place where you need to be a certain level to unlock to buy better weapons. So if you have for example 100k and another person has 40mill but you have a higher rank, they wont have access to the gear/weapons you unlocked till they reach your lvl. 

Genesis, Snes, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 74 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Sep 27, 2013

phreshkid21 wrote:

According to what I heard theres a rank system in place where you need to be a certain level to unlock to buy better weapons. So if you have for example 100k and another person has 40mill but you have a higher rank, they wont have access to the gear/weapons you unlocked till they reach your lvl. 

Its true. Look at the trophy list.... you get a trophy for getting to lvl 50 and lvl 100

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 74 (72 Views)
0 Likes