Fender Bender
3105 posts

Re: GTAV microtransactions for online...

Sep 26, 2013

Yea,thats pretty sad but i am not going to get into a 2 year contract for a stupid phone for games as i would have no other use for it..i am just one of the few people that will never need one,well most people don't they just get them because everyone else does..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 21 of 74 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

I too was a tad shocked about the micro transactions when I heard about it. But I'm ok with it as you are only paying for in game money, and you can only use it to purchase things you have already unlocked through your game efforts. It isn't neccessary by any means but it is an option and a bit of a shortcut, if light on funds. It's not like you are paying for skill enhancements that you haven't earned. I'm ok with that. I plan on making my money in the stock market anyway, not an issue.

As far as the phone app goes, it's not big deal. It's more annoyance than it's worth and adds almost zero value to having it. The only neat thing about it is that you can make a custom lisence plate with it. The rest is just a gimmick, that's all. Don't lose sleep over it.

So in short:

- I can get on board with the micro transactions as it doesn't really promote pay to win. Plus I understand that to to continue providing support for a long period of time isn't free.

- The phone app isn't worth anyone crying over. Trust me. Forget it exists. You're not missing out on anything.

Message 22 of 74 (141 Views)
VP of Gaming
28983 posts

Sep 26, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Yea,thats pretty sad but i am not going to get into a 2 year contract for a stupid phone for games as i would have no other use for it..i am just one of the few people that will never need one,well most people don't they just get them because everyone else does..

You've never traveled, have you? And I'm not talking about the piling into the car to drive to Virginia Beach, or going to the Carribean "traveling".

Message 23 of 74 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Oh yea,i have traveled quite a bit but i never needed a smartphone to do so..

that's the mentality many people have today,that they just can't live without it but people have been fine for thousands of years without one..if i really need to get on the web then i have my laptop..

Just like so many people feel they can't live without cable/satellite tv...i haven't used them services in years and will never need them either.

i am just one of those people that don't feel the need for all that extra junk,it's not because i can't afford it,i just don't want it or care about it..it's all useless to me.

Message 24 of 74 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Ok I see the complaint and if you don't want to pay then don't. Nobody is making you pay. But I do recall when GTA was a game with no online and everybody was happy. Now you get the game and online (mmo based) but you're mad because they have mt. To me and this is my opinion. The game itself was worth the $60 without online.

Now if you feel that you should not have to pay for online content then don't. But don't be mad when they don't support it for too long for lack of funds.
the hero's name is shinobi if u dont know you should know me

Get your Portable ID!
Message 25 of 74 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13615 posts

Sep 26, 2013

I highly doubt the "paid" weapons will be like uber OP or anything.

Besides, most of the time I'll probably be online doing Heists. Not killing other players.

Co-op seems more fun

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 74 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Sep 26, 2013

you can't call a game with a max of 16 players a MMO,it's not even close..lmao

guess we will just have to wait and see but if you can buy upgraded weapons and such then the online portion of the game will be ruined,history proves that with many other games where it was just a complete failure.

Message 27 of 74 (120 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28983 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Oh yea,i have traveled quite a bit but i never needed a smartphone to do so..

(See, I'm doubting you have because I have been places where a smartphone would have been invaluable. When you're in a foreign country for the first time, and have no idea how to get back to your hotel, a GPS app is your best friend. Also you get flight updates, international calling, transferring funds, checking exchange rates, purchase train tickets. It makes the process much easier)

that's the mentality many people have today,that they just can't live without it but people have been fine for thousands of years without one..if i really need to get on the web then i have my laptop..

(I'll give you that one. However when you're on a train from London to Liverpool, or trying to get to your hotel from the airport, you don't want to be carrying a laptop with you)

Just like so many people feel they can't live without cable/satellite tv...i haven't used them services in years and will never need them either.

(You're falling into the typical  "gamer trap" of saying "Well I don't need it, so it's useless. And it seems you aren't a sports fan, because without cable and sattellite you can't get the NFL, exept for the NFL mobile app which requires a smartphone. And if you have the internet, you're still paying for cable. You want to watch stuff online because you don't want cable, but you have to get cable to watch stuff online. That's what's called a Catch 22.)

i am just one of those people that don't feel the need for all that extra junk,it's not because i can't afford it,i just don't want it or care about it..it's all useless to me.

(And this is where I always point out that I have a difficult time believing that "gamers" who have been the kings of excess, eating burgers in styrofoam containers stacked to the moon and back and that have killed enough cattle which require untold acres of forest to be cleared for grazing, that have bought games in plastic cases that will be around long after the human race is gone, and have been carted around in gas guzzling SUV's that spew more pollution and which many people and are prone to rollover because of their size and have defaulted on loans because they couldn't afford the payments, are ready to live this psuedo minimalist lifestyle beacuse suddenly they find all this technology, which they are more happy to accept in a game console, is "useless" to them. If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you)

But once again I repeat, this is ONE miniscule feature that I didn't even think of when I was playing GTA V earlier. At no point did I even think to say "THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! I CAN'T TRAIN THE DOG!!!. This is such a small part of the game, that I doubt very many find it an affront to their gamer sensibillities.

Message 28 of 74 (118 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Sep 26, 2013
That's it! Time out kiddos.
Message 29 of 74 (114 Views)
Sackboy
569 posts

Sep 26, 2013

I don't know where you are but here in Canada you can make emergency calls from your phone without a contract of any sort. Very important thing to have in your pocket, even when you're at home.

Anyway a billion dollars just doesn't go as far as it used to these days, you know how it is.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 30 of 74 (108 Views)