Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3055 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 6, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:
You say that, but how would you feel if you couldn't even play properly,, not because you're bad at the game, but just because someone has played more than you and just has better stuff than you?

You have no idea how many times someone else has killed me with a weapon I haven't unlocked yet, waited for me to respawn, then just did it again.

It's impossible to be free from the **bleep** who just want to spoil the fun for everyone else.

Just wait until people reach like rank 70. You can then call an airstrike on another player. How fair is that? The person can't even defend themselves
I completely understand what you're saying and i have encountered this many times in other games but i have never felt the need to use a kick option,if the heat is to high then i can just leave and go somewhere else,the only time in my life i have ever used the kick option is in GTAIV and only for cheaters and modders other than that there is no need.
what gives the lower lvl people a right to disrupt a high lvl players enjoyment? the argument can go both ways,the system is highly abused and if you have a decent level in a room with a bunchnot so high then you are booted almost instantly,and they do this in lobby missions also and gives you a bad rep as not being a good sport when you did nothing wrong at all in the first place..
the system is terribly flawed and i hope they at least make some improvements to it.
gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 66 (892 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/29/2013
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 6, 2013

Sorry but a kick feature should be included for EVERY online game.

 

It is an invaluable tool for removing problematic players. Without the ability to kick it would be chaos and very few people (mostly troublemakers) would want to waste time in open games. It would become necessary to stick to invite only games in order to have a fun clean gaming experience.

 

I have little doubt that anyone against the kick feature is simply a problematic player who gets themselves rightfully kicked.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 66 (888 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/13/2007
Online
3912 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 6, 2013

kythunder wrote:

The ability to kick players is completely stupid and does not belong in a open world game and especially one that R* tries to call a MMO,this option ruins many games and will hurt this one for sure,you can be with your crew getting ready and have everything planned and bam,you have been deleted by other players msg pops up...

 

Did they not learn from RDR and GTA IV that this is a bad thing,the game is awesome but this is one feature that needs removed or i see people never joining a public session and always playing with just crews and friends to avoid this..

 

Another thing i have noticed is i have also seen players with JB consoles online flying jets shooting missiles and stuff with only a rep of 3 or 4..lol


That feature is a must in ANY online game. Sure, some people may abuse it in order to keep a session to themselves, but whatever, just join another session.

 

As for the jet, you can jack one from the Military base -- in single player and online.

That has nothing to do with JB systems...

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 66 (877 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/08/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

As many people have mentioned. If you get bullied by a highlevel. You could just leave to another session, or switch to passive mode til he looses intrest in you.

Ive never used the kick feature, but I wouldnt remove it compleatly, but it seriously should be upgraded. You should expect running into all types of people in a freemode game.

 

I am speculating though, Ive seen the "you have been kicked by other players" message alot.

And Im really not a bad guy.

I defend myself, and only attack other players if they have a bounty on their heads, or a mission car. But when that bounty or mission  is gone, theres no reason to kill him anymore. And you should expect beeing attacked in these situations.

In some cases I have just entered the server for like 0-5 seconds before Im kicked.

Its like they sit with the kickfunction ready, waiting for people to enter.

 

So Im wondering if its a server bug of some kind, or are people really so short tempered, they just resort to the kick function?

Even before theyve actually meet you?

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 66 (774 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13041 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 8, 2013

I don't know why so many people even stay in free roam, start up a mission, play a dm, do a race, start doing something other than exploring.. You had the entire SP to do that.

 

Basically, if you stay in free roam with the riff raff of the GTA universe, you deserve what you are getting.



Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 66 (771 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
7037 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 8, 2013

userusb wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:
You say that, but how would you feel if you couldn't even play properly,, not because you're bad at the game, but just because someone has played more than you and just has better stuff than you?

You have no idea how many times someone else has killed me with a weapon I haven't unlocked yet, waited for me to respawn, then just did it again.

It's impossible to be free from the **bleep** who just want to spoil the fun for everyone else.

Just wait until people reach like rank 70. You can then call an airstrike on another player. How fair is that? The person can't even defend themselves

Are you serious? That sounds amazing and annoying as hell at the same time.


Yes he is I had same issue. Dude blew my head off with a much better weapon. Stole and wrecked my car. He re found me and kept basic spawn klilling me with the better weapon. Id die then come back him rinnng right at me and soon as I can move I hear Boom from gun and I go back into the wasted screen. It h appens more than you kow. I was lvl 5 he was lvl 12.


Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 66 (762 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
7037 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 8, 2013

kythunder wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:
You say that, but how would you feel if you couldn't even play properly,, not because you're bad at the game, but just because someone has played more than you and just has better stuff than you?

You have no idea how many times someone else has killed me with a weapon I haven't unlocked yet, waited for me to respawn, then just did it again.

It's impossible to be free from the **bleep** who just want to spoil the fun for everyone else.

Just wait until people reach like rank 70. You can then call an airstrike on another player. How fair is that? The person can't even defend themselves
I completely understand what you're saying and i have encountered this many times in other games but i have never felt the need to use a kick option,if the heat is to high then i can just leave and go somewhere else,the only time in my life i have ever used the kick option is in GTAIV and only for cheaters and modders other than that there is no need.
what gives the lower lvl people a right to disrupt a high lvl players enjoyment? the argument can go both ways,the system is highly abused and if you have a decent level in a room with a bunchnot so high then you are booted almost instantly,and they do this in lobby missions also and gives you a bad rep as not being a good sport when you did nothing wrong at all in the first place..
the system is terribly flawed and i hope they at least make some improvements to it.

What give lower level players the right? When a higher lvl  player blows you away from the moment you come back from dead. Thats what I had a dude kill me. Wait soon as I cam back. I couldnt move yet. Id head boom and see wasted screen again. Dude did it like 9 times. There a reason to kick people for beeing utter d**** Bags.  I was lvl 5 he was 12. And dont tell me to put up with it. Whats the point of playing game if soon as your on your feeet your dead cause another jerk thinks its cool or funny.


Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 66 (759 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
11427 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 8, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

userusb wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:
You say that, but how would you feel if you couldn't even play properly,, not because you're bad at the game, but just because someone has played more than you and just has better stuff than you?

You have no idea how many times someone else has killed me with a weapon I haven't unlocked yet, waited for me to respawn, then just did it again.

It's impossible to be free from the **bleep** who just want to spoil the fun for everyone else.

Just wait until people reach like rank 70. You can then call an airstrike on another player. How fair is that? The person can't even defend themselves

Are you serious? That sounds amazing and annoying as hell at the same time.


Yes he is I had same issue. Dude blew my head off with a much better weapon. Stole and wrecked my car. He re found me and kept basic spawn klilling me with the better weapon. Id die then come back him rinnng right at me and soon as I can move I hear Boom from gun and I go back into the wasted screen. It h appens more than you kow. I was lvl 5 he was lvl 12.


You can report people for griefing, you know.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 66 (758 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
7037 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 8, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

userusb wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:
You say that, but how would you feel if you couldn't even play properly,, not because you're bad at the game, but just because someone has played more than you and just has better stuff than you?

You have no idea how many times someone else has killed me with a weapon I haven't unlocked yet, waited for me to respawn, then just did it again.

It's impossible to be free from the **bleep** who just want to spoil the fun for everyone else.

Just wait until people reach like rank 70. You can then call an airstrike on another player. How fair is that? The person can't even defend themselves

Are you serious? That sounds amazing and annoying as hell at the same time.


Yes he is I had same issue. Dude blew my head off with a much better weapon. Stole and wrecked my car. He re found me and kept basic spawn klilling me with the better weapon. Id die then come back him rinnng right at me and soon as I can move I hear Boom from gun and I go back into the wasted screen. It h appens more than you kow. I was lvl 5 he was lvl 12.


You can report people for griefing, you know.


I didnt know you could. Thank you. He was just acting like complete jerk and getting a laugh out of putttin another player in missery.


Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 66 (756 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3055 posts
 

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 8, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

userusb wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:
You say that, but how would you feel if you couldn't even play properly,, not because you're bad at the game, but just because someone has played more than you and just has better stuff than you?

You have no idea how many times someone else has killed me with a weapon I haven't unlocked yet, waited for me to respawn, then just did it again.

It's impossible to be free from the **bleep** who just want to spoil the fun for everyone else.

Just wait until people reach like rank 70. You can then call an airstrike on another player. How fair is that? The person can't even defend themselves

Are you serious? That sounds amazing and annoying as hell at the same time.


Yes he is I had same issue. Dude blew my head off with a much better weapon. Stole and wrecked my car. He re found me and kept basic spawn klilling me with the better weapon. Id die then come back him rinnng right at me and soon as I can move I hear Boom from gun and I go back into the wasted screen. It h appens more than you kow. I was lvl 5 he was lvl 12.


You can report people for griefing, you know.


You can't report someone for just killing you in a game....has the online community become that pussified? really?

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 66 (745 Views)
Reply
0 Likes