Apr 30 2008
By: BR4CR Lombax Warrior 259 posts

GTA IV says I'm not signed in, PSN says I am

25 replies 2457 views Edited Apr 30, 2008

I'm told when you're in GTA IV that going online is a matter of hitting the up button, that it's related to the cel phone. This is not coming up in my game. I go to Stats/Network and the game says I'm not signed in to the PSN, but when I leave the game, the Media Bar says I AM signed in, so I go back into the game, it says I'm not signed in. So I go out to the Media Bar, it says I am signed in... (went through this several times before I gave up). It may be a problem with the game, it may be clogged servers, I dunno...

Anyone have any suggestions? I've done the old 'unplug your modem, your router, shut off the PC and PS3' bit and it changes nothing. The PC is online fine, no problems there.

Message 1 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3426 posts

Re: GTA IV says I'm not signed in, PSN says I am

Apr 30, 2008
UT3 says the same thing earlier today.  Darng servers...
Message 2 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34131 posts

Apr 30, 2008

there have ben a loooot of issues with the PS3 and GTA IV.

its safe to say that its nothing on your end. just wait for Rocstar to fix all the issues. 

Message 3 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Apr 30, 2008
The media bar says you're signed in, even if you're offline. Make sure that you're online by viewing your friends list. If you aren't online, try reconfiguring or resetting your network settings.
Message 4 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Apr 30, 2008
Thanks. I do look for the blue dots on my Friends list. And I did go to Network Settings/Internet Connection Settings and ran it through all of the automatic settings. The Connection Test passed everything except UPnP was not available.
Message 5 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3915 posts

Apr 30, 2008

bearr4chaserr wrote:
Thanks. I do look for the blue dots on my Friends list. And I did go to Network Settings/Internet Connection Settings and ran it through all of the automatic settings. The Connection Test passed everything except UPnP was not available.

my UPnP is never available either and i know its enabled on my router because im the one that set it up haha.

Message 6 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4899 posts

Apr 30, 2008
That happens to me when I am in a game. It will say "You have been disconected from the Playstation Network"
Message 7 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Apr 30, 2008
That has happened to me as well, T_O_M. The difference is that with other games, the Media Bar says I am off, too. GTA IV says I'm off when the Media Bar says I'm on.
Message 8 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1009 posts

Apr 30, 2008

bearr4chaserr wrote:

I'm told when you're in GTA IV that going online is a matter of hitting the up button, that it's related to the cel phone. This is not coming up in my game. I go to Stats/Network and the game says I'm not signed in to the PSN, but when I leave the game, the Media Bar says I AM signed in, so I go back into the game, it says I'm not signed in. So I go out to the Media Bar, it says I am signed in... (went through this several times before I gave up). It may be a problem with the game, it may be clogged servers, I dunno...

I SMELL A SITCOM!

cluster1990
Message 9 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 30, 2008

Yo yo. Same thing is happening with my GTA multiplayer. I was playing it fine all yesterday and last night, but when i turned it off to sleep, next morning it wont let me access multiplayer... (I knew i should never have slept)...

Is there anyone from Playstation that is able to verify that it's the server thats full not our connection that is stuffed??

Haha it was all good until the Americans had their release and now BOOM the servers are full.. When do you guys sleep!! haha

Any help would be great thanks. 

Message 10 of 26 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes