Feb 24 2014
By: Kaiser224 First Son 3 posts

GTA 5 Online. Destroyed vehicle will not free up space in garage.

[ Edited ]
4 replies 985 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

i stole some pretty common cars so i could set up my garage so that my best cars are at the front. i stole a panumbra and it eventually got destroyed. if i call my mechanic it says its destroyed but the insurance doesnt recognize it, and now i have an empty space and have no way to get the car back or replace it. anyone have this problem? 

Edit: Changed labels. For more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 5 (985 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28968 posts

Re: GTA 5 Online. Destroyed vehicle will not free up space in garage.

Feb 24, 2014

Kaiser224 wrote:

i stole some pretty common cars so i could set up my garage so that my best cars are at the front. i stole a panumbra and it eventually got destroyed. if i call my mechanic it says its destroyed but the insurance doesnt recognize it, and now i have an empty space and have no way to get the car back or replace it. anyone have this problem? 

Edit: Changed labels. For more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

It's not a "problem". When car gets destroyed and it doesn't have a tracker installed and isn't insured, Mors will not replace it. You'll have to steal another one.

Message 2 of 5 (975 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 24, 2014

if its not insured, the spot should go away. it wont let me replace it

Message 3 of 5 (973 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28968 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2014

Once you bring a car into the garage it counts as your personal vehicle. Car's spots don't "go away" until you sell them. If you fill the garage to capacity, it will give you a prompt saying "Your garage is full, choose which car you want to replace". 

Message 4 of 5 (969 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Feb 24, 2014

it didnt prompt me, it just replaced it. either way, it worked.  thanks

Message 5 of 5 (965 Views)
0 Likes