Dec 25 2012
By: goin-2-fast First Son 5 posts

GT5 add ons at playstation store

[ Edited ]
7 replies 280 views Edited Dec 25, 2012

Since the re-formatting of the playstation store, I can't purchase Add-ons multiple times (ie - paint pack) which clearly state in its own text that it is possible and I have done it before. The only change I can see has been to the stores appearance. Please, someone fix this. Gran Turismo 5 does not let me purchase content from within the game, never has. BTW I can be condescending too, just answer intelligently please.

Message 1 of 8 (280 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29182 posts

Re: GT5 add ons at playstation store

Dec 26, 2012

goin-2-fast wrote:

Since the re-formatting of the playstation store, I can't purchase Add-ons multiple times (ie - paint pack) which clearly state in its own text that it is possible and I have done it before. The only change I can see has been to the stores appearance. Please, someone fix this. Gran Turismo 5 does not let me purchase content from within the game, never has. BTW I can be condescending too, just answer intelligently please.

You're correct that Gran Turismo 5 does not connect to the Playstation Store. If you have already purchased the add-ons, they will be in your Download List on your Account Management tab when you sign into the Playstation Network. If not, they you can purchase them in the store. The download button on the main screen of Gran Turismo 5 is only for installing downloads, and the game has to be up to date with the current version to do that.

Message 2 of 8 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

I don't think you understand. In the playstation store it does not let me purchase the add ons at all. I have previously purchased them more than once. Since the new look for the store, there isn't a way to purchase them at the store - it only says purchased and 'download' is the only other option and it does not work. There is an obvious format or programming issue AT the Playstation store, there is nothing on the page for me to purchase them again, no button, no link, nothing. I don't think Polyphany Digital will be happy about it.

The part of my previous message you replied to was not a question. It was a statement. AT the Playstation store when I try to purchase the add-ons which I have previously purchased in the past - nothing happens - cart stays empty and there are no 'buttons' to push which work as I stated above.

Message 3 of 8 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Just got another response from 'Casey" in which you people are STILL missing the point!!!!!!! In the Past I have downloaded Gran Turismo 5 Add-ons multiple times and USED them. With the NEW Playstation Store format the STORE DOES NOT LET ME PURCHASE THEM AGAIN. Therefore there is nothing to use the new 2.0 'Downloads' button for since I can't purchase them AT ALL!!!!!!!!! What part of that is not understandable. I am a mechanical Engineer, I DO know how to use the ps3 and GT5. Your Store Has an issue - stop trying to act like its me....actually try to purchase an add-on, use it, then try purchasing it again and you WILL see what I mean. This will require someone who actually pays attention. Stop wasting my time with BS responses. I have tried to be patient, but not one response has actually READ what I have been telling you. I'm trying to tell you that you are losing revenue, this needs to actually be fixed - so stop passing the buck and actually check what I'm telling you and you will see that there is an ACTUAL problem with the new format of the Playstation Store.

Message 4 of 8 (229 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29182 posts

Dec 27, 2012

And I told you, that if you DID purchase them they will be in your Dowload List, in your Account Managment section when you sign into the Playstation Network.

Here's some questions for you,

• are you gamesharing?
  • Have more than two systems active?
  • Trying to download to another account than you originally purchased the content?
  • Using an out of region game with the dowloads that aren't for it?

It seems that there's more to this than "it doesn't work and Sony is stupid", to paraphrase. So please attempt to be civil and provide more information, so somebody can help you.

Furthermore, we are NOT Sony representitives. So being rude isn't going to get you anywhere.

Message 5 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5068 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

goin to fast:

I do know exactly what you're talking about. I'll chack it out after work today & see if I have the same problem. Smiley Happy

To Others:

GT5 has a DLC item "paint pack" (a whole bunch of special color pant chips for painting your cars). But each chip can only be used once. If you want more, you have to buy the paint pack again from the PS Store.

goin to fast:
Making this point absolutely clear in your OP would've avoided all the confusion here. Smiley Wink

again, I'll check later for it, and tell ya if it's just you or not.

Message 6 of 8 (210 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5068 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Well, it would seem that you're correct. There is definitely a problem with the paint pack dlc. I remember right after the store changed to the new format, there was GT5 dlc's that were just straight up gone for a week or two. That finally got resolved. But it seems that they now have another little issue.

It even states in the description that if you want more chips, that you can buy the paint pack multiple times. But it only shows a download button, and nothing happens.

Did you say Sony sent you here? I'm really surprised they would send you here for a PS Store issue. We're just users like yourself.

Did you explain it to the Sony rep like I did in my last post? If not, I'd be doing that when you call them again.

Otherwise you need to talk to a supervisor, etc. So someone with the ability, can get it resolved. Because they are the only ones that can make any kind of changes to their store.

You can also post here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/bd-p/22128

Someone there might know something I don't. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Thanks DaletonaDave, I will try that. I appreciate you checking that out for me. My last post was much clearer and yet some people still didn't bother to actually read my entire post as you did, again thanks.

Message 8 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes