I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: GPU crash.

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

Asphaltum wrote:

If it's still under warrenty take it back ASAP. There is clearly a problem. Good luck Gamble_STARS because that Vita may be on its way out.

Why would you assume that? I could understand if this was happening with all the games he used but it isn't from what I understand.

Is it Gambles? Have you tested it with other games to make sure it's only a problem with CoD. As I said you obviously don't seem to be the person who said it causes crashes where I had seen so it appears you aren't the only one experiencing this issue with CoD.

Yes clearly there is a problem but what good would taking the Vita back or sending it in do when you haven't even figured out the source yet? When it could simply just be the many bugs that came with CoD. It is not even that graphically demanding out of all the Vita titles so I would imagine if it was a real GPU problem he would play NFS or AC3: Liberations and it should give him the same crash report at some point.

Guess I won't know until Gambles gives more information on whether this is happening with everything, not just CoD.

Message 11 of 31 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Only happens with CoD. Before it happened the 2nd time, I just joined a MP match and all the textures were disconbogulated. Spelled that wrong.
Message 12 of 31 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 19, 2012

@ProfessorGerbik

I had a GPU error with my first PS3, a week later it was dead so I assumed the same thing was happenning to Gamble's Vita. I've been playing COD every night for a couple of hours each time both single player and multiplayer and I haven't had one error yet. I just figured that if its still under warrenty and there's a problem with the graphics processor then there could be trouble.

Message 13 of 31 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Asphaltum wrote:

@ProfessorGerbik

I had a GPU error with my first PS3, a week later it was dead so I assumed the same thing was happenning to Gamble's Vita. I've been playing COD every night for a couple of hours each time both single player and multiplayer and I haven't had one error yet. I just figured that if its still under warrenty and there's a problem with the graphics processor then there could be trouble.

Yes it could,I understand but when someone says it's from only one game it just has to be the game. I know gambles has better games than that which are much more demanding. A true GPU problem would show itself in everything you do not just one game.

Message 14 of 31 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Its never happened in UCGA or MvC3
Message 15 of 31 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
Only happens with CoD. Before it happened the 2nd time, I just joined a MP match and all the textures were disconbogulated. Spelled that wrong.

I wouldn't worry then I work with computers all day Gamble if it were a GPU problem you would see artifacts and that error in any game you play not just one.

It just doesn't make sense for it to be your GPU at that point unless it was failing with almost everything. You will know anyway if it does die, then you can think about it as real problem then but I doubt it would if you have tested it playing other games for a good while and not once experienced this error with any other game, that just says CoD to me.

There was this one guy he warned people of this crash, sadly doesn't appear he has shown here and I don't think it was you. So it should be some security to know you aren't the only one. I seriously couldn't even know where to find that post simply because there are so many of these freaking CoD discussions.. no telling where he posted that but here..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620289-call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/64617276

These people all experienced something similar and apparently far worse as one guy can't even enter MP in CoD anymore after it crashed. I am almost dead certain it's just all the bugs due to Nihilistic.

Message 16 of 31 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Well its good to know that its probably a problem with the software and not the hardware, hopefully they'll get the patch out soon. Apologies if I rattled anybody.

Message 17 of 31 (80 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Asphaltum wrote:

Well its good to know that its probably a problem with the software and not the hardware, hopefully they'll get the patch out soon. Apologies if I rattled anybody.

LOL no need to be sorry just saying no need to jump to conclusions so fast.

Message 18 of 31 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

this error has also happened to many people with LBP vita.  my wife would get this as soon as any water was on screen in that game yet on my vita it was fine. infact my vita never recived the message at all anywhere and i played it much more then she had.  some peope are still getting it and others still do not....not even the devs know what is casuing it at this time.

if you want my opionin? its hardware. i would replace the vita. this is what my wife did and she never recieved the error again.

at worse its ends up being an issue on the devs side and gets patched, at best you replace the vita and it never returns. you cant lose either way by returning

Message 19 of 31 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

That crash happened while I'm playing NFS MW. I'm really worried about my Vita... Hope it's just a bug and if it really is, I am looking forward Criterion would release a patch that will permanently get rid of this.

Message 20 of 31 (57 Views)
0 Likes