Highlighted
Nov 17 2012
By: Gamble_STARS Fender Bender 4158 posts

GPU crash.

30 replies 403 views Edited Nov 17, 2012
Has anyone had their Vita go black, then white letters appear saying, "Gpu crash....generating core dump [××××]"

Happened as soos as I joined a MP match in BlopsD.
Message 1 of 31 (403 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Re: GPU crash.

Nov 17, 2012

No, I wonder if that's a bug in the game itself.

Message 2 of 31 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I'm used to the common error pop up window, but this was totally different. It reminded me of the days of downgrading my PSP.
Message 3 of 31 (386 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I've only experienced a couple of errors, one in AC:Liberation, and I believe a downloading error but that's it. Mind you I just recently was able to get into a MP match with BlopsSmiley Very Happy, but I would be more suspicious of the game than the system since it only had 5 months of development. I would test all your games and see if the error pops up again. I don't know if there is one for Blops but it would help if they had on their site some sort of error reporting or list of known errors. I wish I could be of more help GAMBLE_STARS.

Message 4 of 31 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
Has anyone had their Vita go black, then white letters appear saying, "Gpu crash....generating core dump [××××]"

Happened as soos as I joined a MP match in BlopsD.

maybe someone else was doing  that and everyone connected got the error?    Only problem i had was the getting the 3g started after i bought a plan it froze up one time, but  other than that i nver heard of this before.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 5 of 31 (361 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

Nope not yet, from other forums though others have and it doesn't seem to be a problem at all.. I would love to give you some solutions as I have heard of this before and I vaguely remember in the PS Vita Forum site that someone actually found a way to stop it from happening if I am not mistaken.

So if you haven't searched on PS Vita Forum might be helpful. That is what it is called.. Not talking about this forum just to be specific.

I know someone just reported that CoD: D will make you crash, not sure if it was you maybe.. I can't remember all the crap I read and who wrote it but yea shouldn't worry.

Probably just a bug with CoD as from what I hear it has a few which isn't surprising. I would assume it's a straight up bug, if it was your GPU, it would be more appropriate for it to crash during something more demanding than just entering a match.

Message 6 of 31 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Nov 18, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

Nope not yet, from other forums though others have and it doesn't seem to be a problem at all.. I would love to give you some solutions as I have heard of this before and I vaguely remember in the PS Vita Forum site that someone actually found a way to stop it from happening if I am not mistaken.

So if you haven't searched on PS Vita Forum might be helpful. That is what it is called.. Not talking about this forum just to be specific.

I know someone just reported that CoD: D will make you crash, not sure if it was you maybe.. I can't remember all the crap I read and who wrote it but yea shouldn't worry.

Probably just a bug with CoD as from what I hear it has a few which isn't surprising. I would assume it's a straight up bug, if it was your GPU, it would be more appropriate for it to crash during something more demanding than just entering a match.

I agree; I have never had any GPU errors nor do I have CoD, but I can assure you this;

If there were an actual problem with your GPU you would be very aware if it. Especially any type of failure.

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 7 of 31 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Here is what I'm talking about. Happened again
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/xl9cet.jpg[/IMG]
Message 8 of 31 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Message 9 of 31 (287 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Nov 18, 2012

If it's still under warrenty take it back ASAP. There is clearly a problem. Good luck Gamble_STARS because that Vita may be on its way out.

Message 10 of 31 (285 Views)
0 Likes