Dec 10 2012
By: MonkeyDad1977 Gaming Beast 2368 posts

GOTY and Ultimate Edition games

8 replies 177 views Edited Dec 10, 2012

I was just wondering what all Game of the Year and Ultimate Editions came out in 2012.  I'm looking to buy a game or two and would really like it to come with all of the patches and dlc.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (177 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

Re: GOTY and Ultimate Edition games

Dec 10, 2012

google is your friend.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (168 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I bought a GOTY edition of Batman Arkham City on Xbox360 but sold it already.  I'm sure there is one for ps3 as well.  You get to download characters that you can play as in their own story.

I downloaded the Resident Evil 5 gold edition through PSN+ for free.  Gold edition contains extra stories that you can play, I think, and some other things.

I used to have Dead Island in Xbox360 but sold it already.  Now, I got the disc again and it is GOTY, where I think you can play as the antagonist in his own story.

That is all for me... I think.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (156 Views)
Gaming Beast
2368 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah, I got the Resident Evil 5 Gold edition for being a Plus member.  I'm going to play that but I'm not a huge Resident Evil fan.  I've been trying to search for GOTYE and Ultimate edition games but I just see old games that I have already beat before.  Plus some GOTY/Ultimate edition games are called "Complete" or different things like that.  I'm trying to find out what all games came out in 2012 that come with all of the dlc.  Also, does anyone know if there is any GOTYE games coming out in the next few months?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (141 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10801 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Ultimate Editions are actually the same thing as Game of the Year editions, only they're not called by that name (even though you'd think that Mass Effect 2 would, having won 2010's "official" Game of the Year award). If you check out this link you'll see that Sony brought this up last month to drive sales toward digitally-purchased games that have all their add-on content included. If you already have the games though, there's not much sense in paying for the same game again.

There's plenty of Game of the Year Edition games out there already. From Borderlands to Dead Island, LittleBigPlanet over to Batman: Arkham City... you can find such games as these across the board stuffed with extras. It's just too bad that not all of the games actually grabbed the coveted award for themselves. LittleBigPlanet did back in 2008, but Fallout 3 didn't... and still it carries a falsely-advertised Game of the Year Edition. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (135 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Dec 10, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Ultimate Editions are actually the same thing as Game of the Year editions, only they're not called by that name (even though you'd think that Mass Effect 2 would, having won 2010's "official" Game of the Year award). If you check out this link you'll see that Sony brought this up last month to drive sales toward digitally-purchased games that have all their add-on content included. If you already have the games though, there's not much sense in paying for the same game again.

There's plenty of Game of the Year Edition games out there already. From Borderlands to Dead Island, LittleBigPlanet over to Batman: Arkham City... you can find such games as these across the board stuffed with extras. It's just too bad that not all of the games actually grabbed the coveted award for themselves. LittleBigPlanet did back in 2008, but Fallout 3 didn't... and still it carries a falsely-advertised Game of the Year Edition. :smileyindifferent:

I'm not sure what you're basing that on.  It's clear that it won that award from a lot of people; from wikipedia:

"At the 2009 Game Developer's Choice Awards, it won overall "Game of the Year" along with "Best Writing."[78] It was also awarded "Game of the Year" by IGN,[79] GamesRadar,[99] GameSpy,[100] UGO Networks,[101] Gamasutra[102] and the Golden Joystick Awards.[83] The game also won "Xbox 360 Game of the Year" from Official Xbox Magazine,[81] GameSpy[81] and IGN,[80] while winning "PC Game of the Year" from GameSpy,[103] GameTrailers[104] and GameSpot,[81] with the latter two also awarding it "Best RPG."[81][105]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3#Awards

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (113 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10801 posts

Dec 11, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I'm not sure what you're basing that on.  It's clear that it won that award from a lot of people; from wikipedia:

"At the 2009 Game Developer's Choice Awards, it won overall "Game of the Year" along with "Best Writing."[78] It was also awarded "Game of the Year" by IGN,[79] GamesRadar,[99] GameSpy,[100] UGO Networks,[101] Gamasutra[102] and the Golden Joystick Awards.[83] The game also won "Xbox 360 Game of the Year" from Official Xbox Magazine,[81] GameSpy[81] and IGN,[80] while winning "PC Game of the Year" from GameSpy,[103] GameTrailers[104] and GameSpot,[81] with the latter two also awarding it "Best RPG."[81][105]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3#Awards

I was basing that on the D.I.C.E. awards, which named LittleBigPlanet as their 2008 Game of the Year. I know every video game journalistic podium holds their own award ceremonies, but the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences has their games judged by a panel of the industry's insiders. This awards session is like the Oscars for the video game industry. Where MTV (for instance) has their own movies to pick for their own particular audience, so does the panel of judges at the Oscars.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (106 Views)
Gaming Beast
2368 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Soon as they come out with a version of Mass Effect 3 that comes with all of the dlc I am definitely going to get that.  I would also like to see a version of Dragon Age 2 that comes with all of the dlc.  I wish that they made versions of JRPGs that came with all of the dlc.  I just hate buying a game and then having to buy $60 worth of dlc.  I prefer it when all of the dlc comes on the disc.  That way I can trade it in to GameStop or sell it on Ebay when I am done.  For now though I am going to play Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.  It's nice being a Plus member and getting free games. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (92 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I'm the same way.  I only buy GOTY/Ultimate Edition games.  Also all of the dlc has to be on the disc.  I will not buy the game if you get a "one time use code" for the dlc.  Once I'm all done with the game I sell it on Ebay and get most of my money back. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (57 Views)