I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Re: GDDR5, DDR3 The difference

Jul 28, 2013

I don't know about the 40, but as of right now Yes the PS4 is the most powerful console ever created.

I have gamed on the 360 I have spoken to many, many MS worshippers.

The story never changes power doesn't mean anything because look at the PS3 it was supposed to be

more powerful than the xbox. But you couldn't tell.

Aside from the PS3 exclusives which are always pushed to the wayside ALL xbots say COD and all cross platform games were better on the xb. Better is left to the individual, easier to produce for the box yes, hard to port for PS yes.

There will not be this disparity this Gen. In all likely hood games will be ported from the PS4.

If not some developers have already said there will be differences in wave actions, wind affects, shadows, lighting etc...

No matter how we slice, dice and break everything down there is one thing we can all agree on, no matter what

system we ultimately end up with. It's a great time to be a gamer.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 31 (219 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4428 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

However, The Xbox One may have only ddr3 BUT it uses EDSRAM to bump up the bandwidth.  PS4 only has gddr5.  It COULD even out the playing field.  In the end, specs don't make the console. Games do

It has also been stated the eSRAM won't future proof the other guy and may actually hurt it in the long run.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware
"At that point it's possible that we may see ambitious titles operating at a lower resolution on Xbox One compared to the PlayStation 4."
Titanfall is the first proof that it already is happening, they had to downscale the resolution to even keep the 60fps.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-titanfall-tech-analysis
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 31 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9213 posts

Jul 28, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Teus wrote:

deaofly wrote:
The real question is will 3rd party developers gimp down the PS4s graphics to be on par with the Xbox 1? When I see all those comparison videos it makes me wonder if that's what they did with PS3 and Xbox 360. Then look at 1st party or PS3 exclusive 3rd party games and see how much more graphical they are in comparison. We will have to see if 3rd party studios push the system more or hold back due to fear of backlash from Microsoft and Xbox fans.

ubisoft already stated the ps4 version of black flag is the better version, not only you get the ps3/4 exclusive extra content, the ps4 verison will have better weather affects just because they can do more with the ps4 than what they could with the xboxone.  

http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-interview-ps4-version-details-sales-expectations-...

You guys know that it doesn't say anything about PS4 being better than XB1 in that article. They keep saying about how great PS4 is, but they also say about being multi-gen. So you can't really say they are comparing PS4 and XB1.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to say that since I'm going all in on PS4, I'll be grabbing controllers, using Gaikai, remote play on my Vita, preorder some 7-9 games, but in the articles that have been linked here and in the past they don't directly say PS4 version is better than XB1. At least not that I see.

I'll quote some below and maybe you can show me where it says, "PS4 version is better than XB1, and it's just not possible to do these things on XB1 because of PS4's superior hardware." :smileywink:

From you link:

Ravi Sinha: We’ve heard a lot about the extra content of the PS4 edition – can you tell us a bit more about what we can expect?

Jean Guesdon: The PS4 version does not have any extra game content per se. Graphics, obviously, will be improved to give you a more immersive feeling: leaves and plants move with the wind, waves feel even more lifelike, sails billow in the wind, etc. Other than that, we do support the PS4 touchpad and Vita Remote Play, which means you will be able to play AC4 on your Vita through your PS4.

So nothing there comparing to XB1.

Ravi Sinha: What advantages has the PlayStation 4 presented in comparison to developing for other consoles? Like Watch_Dogs, did the next generation hardware present an option to expand on the gameplay, which would be reflected in the current gen versions?

Jean Guesdon: We are very open about the fact that we are a cross-gen title. This means that we have to develop for both current-gen and next-gen platforms. This obviously means that we had to do a lot of lateral thinking, but the reward is that features that we developed for Next-Gen ended up becoming feasible on current-gen. One example is the companion app: this was at first an exclusively next gen feature but it became such an integral part of our game, such a cool feature, that we put in the effort to make it available for everyone. So yes, in this sense, next gen really shaped some aspects of the game that you can experience across all platforms.

Talking about current and next gen above.

Ravi Sinha: Assassin’s Creed IV is also confirmed for the Xbox One. Is this version going to be any different from the PS4 one?

Jean Guesdon: Nothing we can confirm at the moment.

And above they say nothing. So I don't see where they say PS4 hardware is better.

BTW, I'm not saying GDDR5 isn't faster then DDR3. I'm just saying the article doesn't ever directly say PS4 version of these games are better then XB1's version.

you obviously overlooked the part i highlighted in red..

while they did not say it word for word that it would be better than the xboxone version...  but it does point out that it is..

>

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 31 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Teus wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Teus wrote:

deaofly wrote:
The real question is will 3rd party developers gimp down the PS4s graphics to be on par with the Xbox 1? When I see all those comparison videos it makes me wonder if that's what they did with PS3 and Xbox 360. Then look at 1st party or PS3 exclusive 3rd party games and see how much more graphical they are in comparison. We will have to see if 3rd party studios push the system more or hold back due to fear of backlash from Microsoft and Xbox fans.

ubisoft already stated the ps4 version of black flag is the better version, not only you get the ps3/4 exclusive extra content, the ps4 verison will have better weather affects just because they can do more with the ps4 than what they could with the xboxone.  

http://gamingbolt.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-interview-ps4-version-details-sales-expectations-...

You guys know that it doesn't say anything about PS4 being better than XB1 in that article. They keep saying about how great PS4 is, but they also say about being multi-gen. So you can't really say they are comparing PS4 and XB1.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to say that since I'm going all in on PS4, I'll be grabbing controllers, using Gaikai, remote play on my Vita, preorder some 7-9 games, but in the articles that have been linked here and in the past they don't directly say PS4 version is better than XB1. At least not that I see.

I'll quote some below and maybe you can show me where it says, "PS4 version is better than XB1, and it's just not possible to do these things on XB1 because of PS4's superior hardware." :smileywink:

From you link:

Ravi Sinha: We’ve heard a lot about the extra content of the PS4 edition – can you tell us a bit more about what we can expect?

Jean Guesdon: The PS4 version does not have any extra game content per se. Graphics, obviously, will be improved to give you a more immersive feeling: leaves and plants move with the wind, waves feel even more lifelike, sails billow in the wind, etc. Other than that, we do support the PS4 touchpad and Vita Remote Play, which means you will be able to play AC4 on your Vita through your PS4.

So nothing there comparing to XB1. <<It doesn't say anything about compared to XB1. So if we say it does, then we are reading into it.

BTW, I'm not saying GDDR5 isn't faster then DDR3. I'm just saying the article doesn't ever directly say PS4 version of these games are better then XB1's version.

while they did not say it word for word that it would be better than the xboxone version...  but it does point out that it is..

I didn't overlook anything. I just don't like telling people what I think they are saying. They may be only talking about their next gen AC on PS4. Doesn't say PS4 has this over XB1 anywhere in his quote.

Like I said, "It doesn't say what they are comparing to." You may be right, but until they say they are talking about PS4 vs. XB1, I think it is (how do I say this without insulting you?). I think it is premature to post this in forums as confirmation. That's just me though. I try to not throw quotes around as gospel unless it directly confirms it's talking about "This" vs. "That".

I hope you're right, but I personally won't use these links to say PS4 games will play better than XB1 titles, until it verifies it's comparing the two hardware capabilities directly.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 31 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9213 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Teus wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Teus wrote:

deaofly wrote:

From you link:

So nothing there comparing to XB1. <<It doesn't say anything about compared to XB1. So if we say it does, then we are reading into it.

I didn't overlook anything. I just don't like telling people what I think they are saying. They may be only talking about their next gen AC on PS4. Doesn't say PS4 has this over XB1 anywhere in his quote.

Like I said, "It doesn't say what they are comparing to." You may be right, but until they say they are talking about PS4 vs. XB1, I think it is (how do I say this without insulting you?). I think it is premature to post this in forums as confirmation. That's just me though. I try to not throw quotes around as gospel unless it directly confirms it's talking about "This" vs. "That".

I hope you're right, but I personally won't use these links to say PS4 games will play better than XB1 titles, until it verifies it's comparing the two hardware capabilities directly.

why would they say that then if it were not true?

the fact is the ps4 is more powerful than the xboxone and it isnt only ubisoft saying it...  hell even a undisclosed source in microsoft is saying it

>

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 31 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4428 posts

Jul 28, 2013

I'd say let's not look into it too much until people have used proper equipment to compare the two like the guys from Digital Foundry. For now.. lets try to get back on topic before we derail it. I personally only posted that link to give the subject some detail...

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 31 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Jul 28, 2013

I agree with Teus, the statement does indicate the ps4 version is better.
They were talking about the ps4 version and they said graphics obvious, what the ps4 doesn't have is extra content aside from the vita controls.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 31 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9213 posts

Jul 28, 2013

BombPin wrote:

I agree with Teus, the statement does indicate the ps4 version is better.
They were talking about the ps4 version and they said graphics obvious, what the ps4 doesn't have is extra content aside from the vita controls.

the ps4 will also recieve the same exclusive content that the ps3 ver gets

>

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 31 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

In terms of data flow, 

Think of DDR3 as a common river rapid like say, the Colorado River. And GDDR5 as the Iguazau Falls, between Brazil and Argentina.

The Xbox One having eSRAM to boost the bandwith speed, is not going to be enough, because its only 32MB at ANY GIVEN TIME.

The bottleneck for the Xbox One, will be that eSRAM due to its miniscule capacity for data. 

Thats like DDR3 and eSRAM being a Mini-Van with a 1000hp engine, while the PS4's GDDR5 as a cruise ship with 10,000hp.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 31 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Jul 28, 2013

does the ps4 gpu have its own dedicated RAM?

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 31 (127 Views)
0 Likes