Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 01 2013
By: neo-pep First Son 2 posts

GAMEPLAY sound through bluetooth headset

4 replies 870 views Edited Jan 1, 2013

I've searched and searched only to find an old post from 2010 on this general question.  

Is it POSSIBLE to get gameplay sound through a bluetooth headset, or are headsets only for multiplayer/online chatting?

Let me be clear I am not interested (not for now anyway) in online chatting  I only want the game sounds to come through my headphones and not the TV.  

I have paired my headset with my PS3 and sound still comes out of the TV.  

Message 1 of 5 (870 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: GAMEPLAY sound through bluetooth headset

Jan 1, 2013

Bluetooth headsets are strictly for voice chat, I don't think there is any platform that will allow you to output anything other than voice to a Bluetooth. What you need is a Turtle Beach headset or the offical PlayStation wireless stereo headset.

Message 2 of 5 (860 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Jan 1, 2013

people need to stop confusing the term headset and mic thinking that they are synonymous with each other.... when it is not.

you have a bluetooth MICROPHONE. Only used for voice chat.

A HEADSET is used for both voice chat and game/video audio.

You will need to get yourself a REAL headset to hear game audio.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 3 of 5 (848 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Thanks for the reply.  It's too bad that those big 'on ear' headphones start to hurt after after an hour of use.  I prefer 'in ear' headphones.  I have had a Plantronics - Backbeat 903+ head set ( I say head set because there is a microphone integrated but I only use it for sound from my PC) for about 2 years.  

Message 4 of 5 (831 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Jan 2, 2013

neo-pep wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  It's too bad that those big 'on ear' headphones start to hurt after after an hour of use.  I prefer 'in ear' headphones.  I have had a Plantronics - Backbeat 903+ head set ( I say head set because there is a microphone integrated but I only use it for sound from my PC) for about 2 years.  

On ear headphones have better range of sound compared to those ear buds.

If over-the-ear headsets hurt, it might be the material the ear cups are made of, or they are of the ones that simply press your ears together.

A PROPER headset will CUP the ears, be made of a soft breathable material, and be very comfortable to wear for hours on end

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 5 of 5 (826 Views)
0 Likes