Reply
First Son
Registered: 12/05/2009
Offline
24 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
B-j-madrox, you must've been in jail at least a couple of times to have such a negative outlook on our policemen and women. Just because I appreciate what our police officers do does not mean that I'm in any way suffering from a mental illness. Soldiers protect our rights overseas, police protect them on our own soil. Also, I was in the Navy, so I have every right to recognize our soldiers and police however I **bleep** well please.

Actually not true. I see how you would think that, but I have never been. Just one of those guys that recognizes an unfair situation. Your being in the Navy gives you no more right to depreciate yourself and other military personel than it does to allow praise for police. 

-Before your visions of grandeur go to swell those sails remember, dead men tell no tales.

-"We won't lose. We've got more men, more money and more material. There are ten million men in uniform who could replace me. Some people are getting killed and a lot more are making money and having fun. Let somebody else get killed."
"But suppose everybody on our side felt that way."
"Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way. Wouldn't I?"
Message 31 of 44 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013

B-J-Madrox wrote:

For the record, we try not to pay attention to the majority of what Freud said. Haha. I feel like this argument has been thoroughly explained many times by now. If you're a 27 year old man, get over it. Honestly. You sound like a baby. There's blood and stuff!? Oh no!! Not a big deal. ESRB ratings are in place to keep this kind of thing out of kiddos hands. But if a parent is okay with them playing it, then it falls on them to explain the difference in reality and fiction. That's it. Kids are not THAT impressionable. Jeez.... 


I just explained that blood and gore do not bother me. My parents had no clue what I was playing on my Ps2. If they had, they probably would have kept me from GoW. This is how many families are. Parents have the right to instill values, but many parents are too uneducated. By that logic, childhood obesity is no big deal if the parents are the ones feeding the children the food. 

 

Kids are definitely that impressionable. People upt their mid teens take the views of their parents and their peers. At around 10-12, the children are moving towards their peers and what they find cool. My little cousin is 10. He never stops talking about CoD and shooting the brains out of people. He cusses like a sailor and he gets it from the movies and games he plays and from his friends.. His parents don't even cuss! Where else would it come from?


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 32 of 44 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013

B-J-Madrox wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

B-J-Madrox wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:
I know plenty of good police officers. I've only met one or two that aren't "good". I see the police as our on-shore soldiers, since they put their lives on the line every day to keep our homes, property, and lives safe. They keep our communities safe and deserve a lot more positive recognition than what they get. Just like with any group, there's a few bad apples in the bunch, but most are hard working individuals that want nothing more than to help their community and they do it every day.

That is so far from the truth it hurts. How dare you even compare a soldier to an officer of the law? How many citizens are shot by soldiers every day? How many soldiers are ruining our citizens lives daily? I hope you are some noctambulist and these are uninhibited midnight ramblings. Otherwise, I think you may be classifiable as societal detritus. 


You seem to have no respect for officers. Our officers are not some KGB or Gestapo. They are here to keep the law that you, as a citizen, are to follow. Do not like it? Make a group and petition for change. It has worked and it is amazing that we are able to do it. Our soldiers kill more citizens than our officers do. Sure, they are not OUR citizens, but they are not the terrorists. 


You are absolutely right. I have no respect whatsoever for officers of the law. Our soldiers do not kill more civilians than our police force does. Maybe in Vietnam. Well, probably yes in Vietnam. But not so much anymore. Petitions only work for unimportant things. 


Have you not seen the leaked documents showing the deaths of civilians? Soldiers accidentally kill Afghani civilians all the time because brown=terrorist. They are not evil in their intention, but they definitely killed an innocent person. Thousands!


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 33 of 44 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1014 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013
Actually serving for my country gives me a little more ground than you. Learn to have some respect. I'm done dealing with your dumb **bleep**
My PSN
Message 34 of 44 (55 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29426 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013

Let's get back on topic here, as a law enforcement simulator it wouldn't work. Mainly because from what I know and from what I've gathered from actual police officers, the day to day police work is rather tedious, and does not consist of harrassing people because "The Man wants to keep you down". There would have to be some overriding goal coupled with a storyline.

Message 35 of 44 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013

B-J-Madrox wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:
B-j-madrox, you must've been in jail at least a couple of times to have such a negative outlook on our policemen and women. Just because I appreciate what our police officers do does not mean that I'm in any way suffering from a mental illness. Soldiers protect our rights overseas, police protect them on our own soil. Also, I was in the Navy, so I have every right to recognize our soldiers and police however I **bleep** well please.

Actually not true. I see how you would think that, but I have never been. Just one of those guys that recognizes an unfair situation. Your being in the Navy gives you no more right to depreciate yourself and other military personel than it does to allow praise for police. 


It does give him actual experience with those people that we do not have.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 36 of 44 (51 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Let's get back on topic here, as a law enforcement simulator it wouldn't work. Mainly because from what I know and from what I've gathered from actual police officers, the day to day police work is rather tedious, and does not consist of harrassing people because "The Man wants to keep you down". There would have to be some overriding goal coupled with a storyline.


Agreed. Maybe, because we are no the topic, a story about corrupted officials?


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 37 of 44 (50 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1014 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013
So you're thinking more along the lines of the watergate scandal. That could be interesting. Or it could be something where you're fighting the war on drugs and you have to go undercover.
My PSN
Message 38 of 44 (46 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14647 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
So you're thinking more along the lines of the watergate scandal. That could be interesting. Or it could be something where you're fighting the war on drugs and you have to go undercover.

So it would have a storyline and side "missions" that randomly occur that are more simulator-esque


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 39 of 44 (44 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1014 posts
 

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013
It could, like trying to meet with your police contact while you're having to sell the drugs. It could also have a choice option not unlike infamous
My PSN
Message 40 of 44 (42 Views)