First Son
24 posts

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013

Whoa whoa whoa. One at a time. Goodness. Bob, I wasn't talking about you. I'm sure you're an adult that can stand some violence. I meant Ed. I can't even keep track of what was said to spite me. Obesity and influence behavior are not the same so that argument falls short Bob. (Take some logic courses? I enjoyed them.) Language and behavior are also very different. Yes kids pick up language quickly, but playing games doesn't make them think killing stuff is okay. In regards to the civilian deaths, honestly who cares? Wipe them all out. Take their oil. Seriously. Just a sandbox with angry people in it. Screw them. Serving our country doesn't give you anything, mostly because you volunteered, but partially because it was the Navy. Also, unless I have a boat emergency, you aren't very helpful Ed. Captain Al, I don't know where you are from but that is actually what police officers do for fun here. Bob, it doesn't really give him much more experience when we consider how many military men and women we know. I'm being rude and assuming you know many, just as most of us do. Okay. I think I covered everything. Still, I think this game could work, but it would probably only be marketable if they made it choice and moral based. The whole "good cop bad cop" thing. Because as we've discussed, there are plenty of both. You could either help the drug lords get their shipments out of town, or prevent it. Etc. 

-Before your visions of grandeur go to swell those sails remember, dead men tell no tales.

-"We won't lose. We've got more men, more money and more material. There are ten million men in uniform who could replace me. Some people are getting killed and a lot more are making money and having fun. Let somebody else get killed."
"But suppose everybody on our side felt that way."
"Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way. Wouldn't I?"
Message 41 of 44 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

B-J-Madrox wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. One at a time. Goodness. Bob, I wasn't talking about you. I'm sure you're an adult that can stand some violence. I meant Ed. I can't even keep track of what was said to spite me. Obesity and influence behavior are not the same so that argument falls short Bob. (Take some logic courses? I enjoyed them.) Language and behavior are also very different. Yes kids pick up language quickly, but playing games doesn't make them think killing stuff is okay. In regards to the civilian deaths, honestly who cares? Wipe them all out. Take their oil. Seriously. Just a sandbox with angry people in it. Screw them. Serving our country doesn't give you anything, mostly because you volunteered, but partially because it was the Navy. Also, unless I have a boat emergency, you aren't very helpful Ed. Captain Al, I don't know where you are from but that is actually what police officers do for fun here. Bob, it doesn't really give him much more experience when we consider how many military men and women we know. I'm being rude and assuming you know many, just as most of us do. Okay. I think I covered everything. Still, I think this game could work, but it would probably only be marketable if they made it choice and moral based. The whole "good cop bad cop" thing. Because as we've discussed, there are plenty of both. You could either help the drug lords get their shipments out of town, or prevent it. Etc. 

I debate on a normal basis on religion. I look at the argument made by comparison. You said parents should choose. I made the argument that parent choice is fine and dandy, but parents do not universally know what is good for their children. Hence the obesity comparison. I did take courses on persuasive speaking and writing, however. One way to make yourself look smarter to smaller minds is to insult the opponent through sarcasm and/or mockery. On the other hand, it makes you look like a jerk and it also gives the impression you do not really know what you are talking about when it is analyzed by larger minds. 

And I am also sort of confused on a moral standpoint. You call cops oppressive and bad, but you just said killing innocents in the middle east is fine. Are you a sociopath? The idea you propose is "If it does not affect me, then whatever." 

I do not think the game has a chance at all of being mad unless it has moral choice in it. I like the concept, but I understand it would not work as well as it does on paper.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 42 of 44 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013
**bleep** you, madrox. I served my country. All you do is **bleep** and moan. You probably don't even vote, so you don't even have a right to do that.

EDIT: who do you think killed bin laden. It was the NAVY SEALS, not the army, or the marines, or the Air Force, but the NAVY.
My PSN
Message 43 of 44 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
22 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Might as well just turn this into an idea thread about what you think would be a great idea for a police game. Instead of turning this into a battle of who's right and who's wrong. Bring out the ideas. A game might just come from it
Message 44 of 44 (38 Views)
0 Likes