Highlighted
Feb 21 2013
By: jwarner2010 First Son 22 posts
Accepted Solution

GAME Idea!

43 replies 116 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

Ok we have all our simple games where you can play as a cop but it's all limited. I play GTA for fun and while playing I thought, what if some game developers come up with a game called COPS, like based of the show COPS. You can play as a cop, drive around in cops cars and pull people over, respond to crimes in progress, work for a police department and make you way up the officer ranks. Report to stations, talk to the chief, do special mission where you can dictate who any situation turns out, just like real life. Drive around certain states and city's and work for the police department. Now that's an Idea for anyone who would love to be a cop, especially those of us who will never be able to be a real cop in real life. 

How does that sound? Leave a comment Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 44 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: GAME Idea!

Feb 21, 2013
La noir
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 44 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I mean this in the most productive and constructive way... Why would anyone want to be a cop? I think that sounds rude but I really don't mean for it to be. 

-Before your visions of grandeur go to swell those sails remember, dead men tell no tales.

-"We won't lose. We've got more men, more money and more material. There are ten million men in uniform who could replace me. Some people are getting killed and a lot more are making money and having fun. Let somebody else get killed."
"But suppose everybody on our side felt that way."
"Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way. Wouldn't I?"
Message 3 of 44 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 21, 2013
I don't think it's an idea that would make it past the pitch stage of game design. Well, maybe it would. After all, la noir did and you're a cop in that. It would have to have some badass missions though to be any good. Doing real cop work, I don't think would make a good game. After all, who wants to sit behind a billboard tagging people for speeding, or being a metermaid
My PSN
Message 4 of 44 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Feb 21, 2013

jwarner2010 wrote:

Ok we have all our simple games where you can play as a cop but it's all limited. I play GTA for fun and while playing I thought, what if some game developers come up with a game called COPS, like based of the show COPS. You can play as a cop, drive around in cops cars and pull people over, respond to crimes in progress, work for a police department and make you way up the officer ranks. Report to stations, talk to the chief, do special mission where you can dictate who any situation turns out, just like real life. Drive around certain states and city's and work for the police department. Now that's an Idea for anyone who would love to be a cop, especially those of us who will never be able to be a real cop in real life. 

How does that sound? Leave a comment Smiley Very Happy

I remember my friend once saying we need a GTA game but from the law's point of view lol. I think it would be cool if it was somewhat a simulation, but with an accelerated clock so the boring waiting parts are short. But where it is not missions, but open world occurences. Solid idea!

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 5 of 44 (102 Views)
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Um that's just like saying why would anyone want to play as a criminal. (Niko and 790 other games)
I'm studying to become a cop and would appreciate these kind of games. I loved la noir
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 44 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Feb 21, 2013

B-J-Madrox wrote:

I mean this in the most productive and constructive way... Why would anyone want to be a cop? I think that sounds rude but I really don't mean for it to be. 

I am confused from this statement. The pay is decent, the benefits are solid, and the work is not as deadly as it is made out to be. Police deaths are pretty rare unless you live in Oakland. And I like doughnuts

Message 7 of 44 (99 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Feb 21, 2013

HWGuy14 wrote:
Um that's just like saying why would anyone want to play as a criminal. (Niko and 790 other games)
I'm studying to become a cop and would appreciate these kind of games. I loved la noir

LA Noir was cool. Albeit, the game was drawn out for way too long. However, I think an open world game would be better because LA Noir liked to fake the open world experience. 

Message 8 of 44 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I just meant who would want to be an oppressive jerk. But, you do. So congratulations. As far as a game goes, I think it would be a drag. Games a generally considered a form of escapism, so why you would want to do something as tedious and sinister as being an officer is beyond me. It should in theory be much more fun to do something you can't do in real life, like rob banks, shoot tanks, jump out of jets, and car jack people. But if you just want to hassle people, I guess that's on you. 

-Before your visions of grandeur go to swell those sails remember, dead men tell no tales.

-"We won't lose. We've got more men, more money and more material. There are ten million men in uniform who could replace me. Some people are getting killed and a lot more are making money and having fun. Let somebody else get killed."
"But suppose everybody on our side felt that way."
"Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way. Wouldn't I?"
Message 9 of 44 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

B-J-Madrox wrote:

I just meant who would want to be an oppressive jerk. But, you do. So congratulations. As far as a game goes, I think it would be a drag. Games a generally considered a form of escapism, so why you would want to do something as tedious and sinister as being an officer is beyond me. It should in theory be much more fun to do something you can't do in real life, like rob banks, shoot tanks, jump out of jets, and car jack people. But if you just want to hassle people, I guess that's on you. 

So you must be an anarchist. The police are not oppressive jerks as a whole. Some are, but those are human problems. If police were not there, your PC you are using would probably have been stolen since you bought it. The job is not to "hassle" people. Again, some do that, but that is not their purpose, nor what they normally do. The tediousness would hopefully be stopped by an in-game clock. Or, better yet, put the game in Stockton or Oakland. Without police there, those places would be 10 times as bad. Oakland has a starting salary of $80,000 for new cops simply because the crime is so rampant.

Message 10 of 44 (88 Views)